The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

for me it was an unknown number around 2pm as well!

and I'm from France
Reply 3201
Original post by nicepower
for me it was an unknown number around 2pm as well!

and I'm from France

Original post by LawQC
ye I just saw I had a missed call from an unknown number at 2.12 .....

Who are you both waiting to hear from? It must be from somewhere we mutually applied to surely?!
Original post by Glen_Nichols
Had the RBS 'we're all filled up email' this morning. Got an email from UBS asking me to clarify where I'm applying to 10 mins ago.

Got the same email..

Is it a good sign?
Wow, just had one really great CS interview and one crazy one. One particular guy moved from Competency questions to intricate technical questions to talking about Formua 1 (from my CV) in a matter of minutes, I don't know what to think!
Reply 3204
Original post by eranhasson
Got the same email..

Is it a good sign?

you sure you didn't copy and paste cover letters? :wink:
Reply 3205
Original post by Outsanity
Wow, just had one really great CS interview and one crazy one. One particular guy moved from Competency questions to intricate technical questions to talking about Formua 1 (from my CV) in a matter of minutes, I don't know what to think!

had cs interview earlier aswell how long do you think it will take them to respond?
Original post by grad2014
had cs interview earlier aswell how long do you think it will take them to respond?

They just said to me "I'm sure you'll be hearing very soon." Not sure if they actually knew or not. Did you ask?
Original post by Outsanity

That would be my dream interview lol I could go on for ages.
Original post by Marc Fiorano
That would be my dream interview lol I could go on for ages.

Just stick it down in your interests, you may get lucky :tongue: I was kind of taken aback when he said "what do you think about Senna racing for his Father's old team?" I was like "You mean Formula 1, right?"
Wait, so they can just email you without any interview etc. and just say they are full because the people prior to you who have been interviewed have been "good enough"?

Well that sucks balls...
Original post by icancount23
Ah don't act so mug, it doesn't come across well!

I'm not being smug - just honest.
Original post by sam smith
The last day to hear back from JP S&T (or so I was told by the HR person).

Have a feeling there will be no information today...

EDIT: Just got a call from them and I have an offer! :biggrin:

Congrats mate! I haven't heard (for IBD).
Original post by Glen_Nichols
Had the RBS 'we're all filled up email' this morning. Got an email from UBS asking me to clarify where I'm applying to 10 mins ago.

I just received an invite for rbs' numerical test. Do you think that means good news for me? Which dept did u apply to?
Reply 3213
Just received an email about E&Y Leadership Academy - it's 3 days doing 'leadership activities'. No idea tbh.

Wondering whether it would add any weight to an IBD CV?
Original post by i_hate_teeth
I'm not being smug - just honest.

People find these things quite a struggle to get on, if you say it is easy you just seem like a prick.
Reply 3215
RBS or HSBC?
RBS is 5 days, HSBC is 3 days. Both are non-divisional. Which one should I go for as they clash?
Reply 3216
Original post by miml
RBS or HSBC?
RBS is 5 days, HSBC is 3 days. Both are non-divisional. Which one should I go for as they clash?

considering RBS is **** go for HSBC
Reply 3217
Original post by ft1234*
considering RBS is **** go for HSBC

Does that really matter at this stage? It's not like I will actually do any work for either. I mean I can understand if it was an internship position, but most likely I'll reapply for internships anyway so surely it's better to go for the longer one. That's my reasoning at the moment, unless someone can convince me otherwise.
Original post by miml
Does that really matter at this stage? It's not like I will actually do any work for either. I mean I can understand if it was an internship position, but most likely I'll reapply for internships anyway so surely it's better to go for the longer one. That's my reasoning at the moment, unless someone can convince me otherwise.

Surely HSBC might fast track you to a summer internship which might lead to a graduate position?
Reply 3219
Original post by miml

HSBC offer a fast track - as do most spring weeks. so yeah think more long-term, RBS may well do too but then they might not exist then

Latest

Trending

Trending