The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nightmare91
If you beat up an admissions tutor... maybe :tongue:

The thought of me doing that made me chuckle :awesome:
All offers/rejections in, now the graft starts..
Original post by sweetascandy
Invitation to open day at UCL for economics. :smile:
Is that a guaranteed offer? Is there still a possibility that they could reject me? :redface:

oh yes lots of possibilities... the most likely of which is you ticking the wrong name on the register sheet :P I nearly did that haha - its a list of 100 names, so you have to trace along your line carefully and sign the right box :smile:

otherwise, no
Original post by lordvulture
oh yes lots of possibilities... the most likely of which is you ticking the wrong name on the register sheet :P I nearly did that haha - its a list of 100 names, so you have to trace along your line carefully and sign the right box :smile:

otherwise, no

Haha thats good to know :p: I'm guessing you've already attended an economics open day at UCL? How was it? Did they ask you any formal questions? Was it in any way like an interview? Apologies for the interrogation, but I want all the details :colondollar:
With 200 spaces, 100 names in each open day, already on second open day. Probably 2 more to go?
Reply 7685
Original post by WalkerPrince
With 200 spaces, 100 names in each open day, already on second open day. Probably 2 more to go?

I'd say closer to four more. Everyone who applied to LSE and Cambridge would most likely have applied to them and if 400 people have offers from LSE or Cambridge then that would leave 200 people left with offers for UCL who are likely to firm them... (And that's not even considering people who might reject them for Warwick or miss the offer, could be even more than another four)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tateco
I'd say closer to four more. Everyone who applied to LSE and Cambridge would most likely have applied to them and if 400 people have offers from LSE or Cambridge then that would leave 200 people left with offers for UCL who are likely to firm them... (And that's not even considering people who might reject them for Warwick or miss the offer, could be even more than another four)

I like those odds.

They give out 600 offers don't they? I remember that stat somewhere. Could trawl through last years thread to see how many open days they had, but I'm hoping someone else cares a lot more :colone:

I wonder when they'll start L101 open days :redface:
I like those odds.

They give out 600 offers don't they? I remember that stat somewhere. Could trawl through last years thread to see how many open days they had, but I'm hoping someone else cares a lot more :colone:

If you're wiling to wait a year, then sure I can look
Haha thats good to know :p: I'm guessing you've already attended an economics open day at UCL? How was it? Did they ask you any formal questions? Was it in any way like an interview? Apologies for the interrogation, but I want all the details :colondollar:

yea, I went to the first open day, and no it is not an interview, its just a talk followed by a tour - in fact, they ask you to sign your name on the register at the start, no one would notice if you just leave after that :P I myself was very unimpressed with the open day and the economics students when I attended, I've talked about this in previous posts and I don't want to say it again (otherwise people here might start to think I'm working for Warwick economics department...), and it is only my own opinion afterall, I'm sure many people have had an amazing time studying economics at UCL!

There is nothing you need to worry about the open day, and wear whatever you want - its not formal by any means, just treat it as if you didn't apply there but you just happen to be a visitor :smile:
Original post by lordvulture
yea, I went to the first open day, and no it is not an interview, its just a talk followed by a tour - in fact, they ask you to sign your name on the register at the start, no one would notice if you just leave after that :P I myself was very unimpressed with the open day and the economics students when I attended, I've talked about this in previous posts and I don't want to say it again (otherwise people here might start to think I'm working for Warwick economics department...), and it is only my own opinion afterall, I'm sure many people have had an amazing time studying economics at UCL!

There is nothing you need to worry about the open day, and wear whatever you want - its not formal by any means, just treat it as if you didn't apply there but you just happen to be a visitor :smile:

Oh thank god for that! So do they not ask you any questions about your personal application? I'm imagining there being loads of people sitting round a table and admissions people asking a question about one of Keynes' policies and everyone to say one thing. Lmao, it's prolly not like that. :p:
Oh thank god for that! So do they not ask you any questions about your personal application? I'm imagining there being loads of people sitting round a table and admissions people asking a question about one of Keynes' policies and everyone to say one thing. Lmao, it's prolly not like that. :p:

no, there's nothing about your application or anything is meant to test you, so you'll do fine even if you know nothing about economics :P
Reply 7691
wtf get an email from ucas about a change

turns out the uni's who made offers removed the link to let me see the conditions? This is wierd...
Original post by Tomatochuckers
If you're wiling to wait a year, then sure I can look

Look now, so next year you can help calm down overly stressed out people.
Reply 7693
Just got an offer from Warwick!!!!! :smile:

Ah! Well done! One in the bag :smile:
Reply 7694
Original post by YingYang
wtf get an email from ucas about a change

turns out the uni's who made offers removed the link to let me see the conditions? This is wierd...

:s-smilie: don't get too worried, just wait and see what happens.
Reply 7695

I expect that they are probably the same as L100 open days. Doubt they would do an open day for just 20-40 people. I am getting so annoyed that they are not respsonding though, grrrrr :frown:
Original post by Trizzle
I expect that they are probably the same as L100 open days. Doubt they would do an open day for just 20-40 people. I am getting so annoyed that they are not respsonding though, grrrrr :frown:

That's why I've been so anxious about L100 days. On the last open day there were no L101s, we'll have to get someone to report back to see if this one has any.
LSE or Warwick?
Reply 7698
Original post by lrowles93
LSE or Warwick?

LSE...
Original post by zxh800
LSE...

Definitely? Warwick is generally considered to be on par with UCL so why is LSE any better?

Latest

Trending

Trending