The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Glen_Nichols
Had the RBS 'we're all filled up email' this morning. Got an email from UBS asking me to clarify where I'm applying to 10 mins ago.

To what email did you send your area choice?
Original post by eranhasson
To what email did you send your area choice?

I just sent a reply, I wasn't sure at all. What have you done?
Reply 3242
Original post by Doughnuts!!
That post was going so well until the emboldened.

well, its well-known thats warwick's maths degree is one of the most demanding in the country.....
Original post by miml
Genuine question: Are you entering IB solely for the money?

Not solely for the money. You?
Reply 3244
any1 just get an email from jp?
Reply 3245
Original post by Industrious Orca
There is more to it than RBS is ****, go for HSBC.

From past years RBS has been known for not giving the best spring week overall. However, you need to consider that at the moment (maybe not by spring), RBS does have a pretty big and established investment bank in London; as i said before 'at the moment'. HSBC on the other hand is less established in London (in IB terms). HSBC will give you the better fast-track opportunities, but it is a new programme, and not the most established in bank in London (talking IB terms); RBS on the other hand have been running their programme for years and have an established investment bank at the moment.

I may be biased, but i would go for RBS.

that was basically an easy summary of why to choose HSBC.

RBS are cutting IB massively, and it's pretty unstable

HSBC is very stable, they have a huge international network - I've been to their HQ, spoke to their employees and have a Spring week offer, HSBC is definitely better than RBS. at the end of the day you do a spring week to get a summer internship, therefore the decision is simple - HSBC.
Original post by ft1234*
that was basically an easy summary of why to choose HSBC.

RBS are cutting IB massively, and it's pretty unstable

HSBC is very stable, they have a huge international network - I've been to their HQ, spoke to their employees and have a Spring week offer, HSBC is definitely better than RBS. at the end of the day you do a spring week to get a summer internship, therefore the decision is simple - HSBC.

I'm saying that RBS have an established programme, and at the moment are an established investment bank and brand name in the UK (yes, the brand has taken a massive hit, but when applying to internships, other banks still value the name). HSBC's programme (correct me if i'm wrong) is running for the first time this year, and the bank is more focused on emerging markets; it is less focused on the UK and has less of a presence in IB here and from my experience with recruiters.

The chances of going spring week -> summer internship -> graduate offer with the same bank is quite low, especially when you can apply to other banks at each stage if you dislike the current bank at spring week or summer internship.

Yes, HSBC is stable, has a growing network and is focused on the emerging markets (where the growth is likely to be); however, RBS still (as an insight to investment banking and not an employer) has a decent amount going for it.
Reply 3247
Anyone else feel like a neglected item of fridged-food?

I'm not being eaten; yet i'm not being thrown away. Seems like the banks are feasting on tastier options. I'll be out of date soon...
Original post by miml
Genuine question: Are you entering IB solely for the money?

tricky question. money is power ...but in the long run. at least that s what I m aiming for
Original post by LawQC
any1 just get an email from jp?

What did the email say? Did you hear back from them yet?
Original post by EyesOnFire
tricky question. money is power ...but in the long run. at least that s what I m aiming for

Keep speaking like you're in a budget remake of Wall Street, you'll be a hit at interviews :yy:
I just hope my interviewer isn't a fat slob and actually works out. Could talk for days about lifting, would be nice if I could get into some more "personal" things.

Also, I thought people said BoAML don't interview or anything?
Original post by Marc Fiorano
Keep speaking like you're in a budget remake of Wall Street, you'll be a hit at interviews :yy:

so what do you want then? just the money to spend it on trivial things? isn;t this what we all want in the end, becoming MDs or having our own businesses etc etc... it might have sounded a bit cheesy. but that s how i see the money now
Original post by Michael XYZ
I just hope my interviewer isn't a fat slob and actually works out. Could talk for days about lifting, would be nice if I could get into some more "personal" things.

Also, I thought people said BoAML don't interview or anything?

One of my interviewers had huge titties AND was wearing a low cut top it was very difficult not to look at her tits during the 30 minute interview . I'd rather my interviewers were fat slobs tbh.
Original post by i_hate_teeth
One of my interviewers had huge titties AND was wearing a low cut top it was very difficult not to look at her tits during the 30 minute interview . I'd rather my interviewers were fat slobs tbh.

Yes but I lift and I'd quite like someone who has done that before. It helps to create any kind of connection.
homo^

Yes but I lift and I'd quite like someone who has done that before. It helps to create any kind of connection.

Cool story bro
Original post by LawQC
it says the spring week starts on a sunday - ye I got in - obviously -

"Obviously"?
Why would I get negged for saying I'd want to create some kind of connection with the interviewer? Lol.
Original post by i_hate_teeth

If they were fat slobs they would have even bigger ''titties'' to look at :wink: :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending