The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7720
Out of these choices for Econ, which would be the best to choose in terms of job prospects for investment banking?

Economics - Southampton
Economics - City
Economics - Queen Mary
Industrial Economics - Nottingham

Thanks
Original post by FDR
What did you do? Did you choose any of those or stick with L100?

I declined. Neither of those courses appealed to me and, to be honest, I'd probably rather go to Bristol anyway and I've already got an offer from them. It did seem a bit weird though because surely if I'd have applied directly for either of those courses I'd have been rejected out right due to my personal statement being all economics :s-smilie:
Just got an offer for L100 at Nottingham. Will be firming Cambridge and putting Nottingham as insurance as the offer is only AA.
Original post by V10
Out of these choices for Econ, which would be the best to choose in terms of job prospects for investment banking?

Economics - Southampton
Economics - City
Economics - Queen Mary
Industrial Economics - Nottingham

Thanks

Southampton has a good program

City is good for Postgrad as your part of the CASS

I would go for Southampton

But it wont really matter what uni you go or what course to and extent

get the internships!
Original post by nightmare91
LSE's econ course is considered the best in Europe actually.

LSE's economics undergraduate course is not the best in Europe. It is the best postgrad economics in Europe but not undergraduate. The Cambridge economics course is better at undergraduate in terms of the quality of teaching and learning that you get.
Reply 7725
offer from nottingham L100 econ. A*AA or A*ABB
Original post by wachno
offer from nottingham L100 econ. A*AA or A*ABB

Gratz. Some more people should be getting them since we both have got them today.
Reply 7727
Finally got an offer! Nottingham A* AA :smile:
Reply 7728
Nottingham offer A*AA!
Original post by Tateco

YAAAYY I am so glad you finally got something! Isn't that a relief? :biggrin:
Got an offer from Nottingham of A*AA or A*ABB
Reply 7731
YAAAYY I am so glad you finally got something! Isn't that a relief? :biggrin:

Glad to finally have an indication my application isn't completely rubbish! It's my last choice but very happy to have it, just got to wait and see what the others say now! (Your avatar isn't loading again :wink:)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7732
Another Nottingham offer: A*AA or A*ABB
Original post by kt94
Nottingham offer A*AA!

Original post by Acerbic
Got an offer from Nottingham of A*AA or A*ABB

Original post by Tateco
Glad to finally have an indication my application isn't completely rubbish! It's my last choice but very happy to have it, just got to wait and see what the others say now! (Your avatar isn't loading again :wink:)

Reply 7734
Was really hoping that Nottingham would offer AABB. A*ABB is not much of an insurance, when Oxford only want AAA. Still, as economists, I guess we can appreciate the aspect of brinkmanship in this situation.
Original post by Tateco

Nah I don't think your applicantion is rubbish at all. I guess you are just a bit unlucky. Cambridge was a high shot and it's just unpredictable. UCL hasn't given out that many offers yet and Warwick seems to be very unregular about giving out offers although the forum representative told us they would be giving out offers sooner this application cycle... Would you firm Nottingham if you didn't receive any other offers?

(again not loading? :frown: )
Reply 7736
Looks like they're doing them all at once :tongue: Wish all universities opted for the same strategy!
Reply 7737
Nah I don't think your applicantion is rubbish at all. I guess you are just a bit unlucky. Cambridge was a high shot and it's just unpredictable. UCL hasn't given out that many offers yet and Warwick seems to be very unregular about giving out offers although the forum representative told us they would be giving out offers sooner this application cycle... Would you firm Nottingham if you didn't receive any other offers?

(again not loading? :frown: )

Yeah I'm not too bitter about Cambridge, it's just the others are being so irregular!
Not sure with regards to firming it, I'll cross that bridge if I come to it but I would be very tempted by a gap year scheme if I got given an offer for one and then I would probably just try again while on my gap year, but it depends on my results, no point opting for that strategy if I only scrape A*AA, I would be better off going straight there or deferring it than turning it down!
Original post by Tateco

As a parent of an Economics Applicant 2012,who doesn't use TSR(!), I have dipped in and out of this thread over the last few months and have read many of your posts. Just to say I am really pleased to see that you have an offer for Economics. I have seen at first hand how tortuous this UCAS application can be and how long the wait can be for a course as competitive as Economics. Congratulations and fingers crossed for the courses you are still waiting to hear from.
Original post by Tateco

Congratz! You've been patient for so long well done haha.

Latest