The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I now (unofficially) have an A* in single maths, which is one of my conditions for cambridge done! Now comes the difficult bit....
Original post by TheMagicMan
I now (unofficially) have an A* in single maths, which is one of my conditions for cambridge done! Now comes the difficult bit....

How do you know, don't grades come out in march?

EDIT: Herp derp, just read the unofficially bit:rolleyes:
I'm in a similar position.
(edited 12 years ago)

Until it's official, I would not say anything just yet.

Yeh i feel the same lol. Although I felt edexcel C3/C4 were definitely more challenging this year
Original post by maths134
Yeh i feel the same lol. Although I felt edexcel C3/C4 were definitely more challenging this year

Yeah definitely. C4 last year was 69 for an A. 69 will probably get 90ish this year.
Original post by maths134

I think all boards are making things tougher this year. For AQA C3, C4, M2 and FP2 have been the toughest papers ever. And the C4 last June was 65/75 for 100 UMS! Scary times, but I do like a challenge. :biggrin:
Original post by ben-smith
How do you know, don't grades come out in march?

EDIT: Herp derp, just read the unofficially bit:rolleyes:
I'm in a similar position.

Same I hope, I feel like I must have neared 100% at least but you can never be too sure :wink:

Did a bit of STEP II this morning, didn't go great but I misread a quite easy question which made me go wrong massively, and I wasn't putting much effort in honestly.

Need to ease into it until I'm ready to plough through questions :tongue:
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
I think all boards are making things tougher this year. For AQA C3, C4, M2 and FP2 have been the toughest papers ever. And the C4 last June was 65/75 for 100 UMS! Scary times, but I do like a challenge. :biggrin:

I'd agree with this, though I thought C4 was quite ordinary/easy. FP2 on AQA was an absolute killer :frown: :tongue:
Original post by hassi94
I'd agree with this, though I thought C4 was quite ordinary/easy. FP2 on AQA was an absolute killer :frown: :tongue:

Personally I could handle everything, except for the evil 6 marker at the end (damn you vectors!). M2 is meant to be extremely standard every year. That was not the case this year. :frown: Just hoping grade boundaries are nice to get me into the 90s. Aha yeah, my teachers were screwing when they saw FP2. Told us to watch out come June. :p:
Original post by officeface
Yep :smile:

Good luck!
How you feeling about it?
Original post by BeccaCath94
I have FP1 on monday....must be a different exam board! :eek:
Good luck!

Yeah I'm on the welsh board (WJEC) hope its kind!! you ready for it?
Original post by gwenllian94
Yeah I'm on the welsh board (WJEC) hope its kind!! you ready for it?

Ahh i'm doing edexcel.....
Ermm sort of...i've been getting low Bs in the past papers so hopefully over the weekend i can iron out the mistakes! Would love an A!
Reply 4612
I have all my offers for maths, now. :-)
Grrrrr, Imperial...
Original post by croag
I have all my offers for maths, now. :-)

Well done :biggrin:
Where did you apply? any ideas on firm yet?
I've got 4/5 offers :smile:
Grrrrr, Imperial...

Still no offer?
Ahh i'm doing edexcel.....
Ermm sort of...i've been getting low Bs in the past papers so hopefully over the weekend i can iron out the mistakes! Would love an A!

Yeah I've been able to scrape an A in some of the hard papers! Cross fingers that they're nice :smile: don't like doing the mathematical induction question, so hope that ones alright! Good luck to you on monday!
Grrrrr, Imperial...

They haven't updated my UCAS either...
Original post by Farhan.Hanif93
Still no offer?

Unfortunately so
Reply 4619
Well done :biggrin:
Where did you apply? any ideas on firm yet?
I've got 4/5 offers :smile:

Thanks! :3 I applied to Saouthampton, Kent, Sussex, Bristol and Bath! Not so sure on a firm yet. Maybe Bath. Goodluck on you last offer!

Latest