The Student Room Group

OCR A Chemistry F324 Rings, Polymers and Analysis Thu 26 Jan 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
Original post by arvin_infinity
Yh that makes more sense !

Whats wrong with having heart pace maker and using MRI scan !! ??

cant put metal in an MRI scanner for one thing (i assume theyre made of metal) also the EM waves interfere with the pacemaker which could stop someones heart or give them an irregular heart beat :eek:
Reply 721
Original post by --NWzD9--
I think the broad peaks is due to the fact tha O-H and N-H can form hydrogen bonding (i think thats the most we need to know)

CDCl3 doesn't produce any peak on proton NMR because there are no hydrogens. the deuterium has two nucleons, which cancel out each others spin, therefore no residual spin, and so are not detected on the NMR spectra

When they mean 'broad' what they usually mean is that the base of the peak is slightly wider than other peaks

correct except when they say broad i think they mean the peak can be in a broad range
Original post by High VOLTAGE
oh ok , so would i just place cl- next toNH3?

Write it as NH3+Cl-
Original post by Mike-nificent
Write it as NH3+Cl-

Original post by Stevo F
NH3+ Cl- is what u have to do

thanks
Original post by Stevo F
cant put metal in an MRI scanner for one thing (i assume theyre made of metal) also the EM waves interfere with the pacemaker which could stop someones heart or give them an irregular heart beat :eek:

How do you know so much! I'm so jealous, I feel like I know nothing when I read your posts :tongue:
Reply 725
Hi guys ... if possible can someone explain to me the dehydration of the compound and then it somehow become cyclic ... and I can't really find any comprehensive notes in the book :s
Original post by Gemxx
Hi guys ... if possible can someone explain to me the dehydration of the compound and then it somehow become cyclic ... and I can't really find any comprehensive notes in the book :s

If you have NH2CH2CH2CH2COOH - imagine just joining the COOH end with the NH2 end to release a water molecule --> it will be in a cycle because u are joining the head and tail together - cant draw it, but just do a condesnation reaction between those groups both of on the same molecule and it become cyclice and dehydrated as you have lost water
How is NMR used in medicine to diagnose illness? 3 marks
Reply 728
Original post by cheesebase
If you have NH2CH2CH2CH2COOH - imagine just joining the COOH end with the NH2 end to release a water molecule --> it will be in a cycle because u are joining the head and tail together - cant draw it, but just do a condesnation reaction between those groups both of on the same molecule and it become cyclice and dehydrated as you have lost water

Thank you :smile:
Reply 729

pfft learnt this in physics, havent covered it in chemistry
Reply 730
What is the pH called at which zwitterions will exist?
Reply 731
Original post by Stevo F

the isoelectric point
Original post by Stevo F

isoelectric point. varies according to the R group :tongue:

Do you have the answer to this........................................or are you asking :colondollar:
isoelectric point

----

wats the answer to that question ..havent made it up btw
Reply 735
isoelectric point. varies according to the R group :tongue:

Original post by StuartCB
the isoelectric point

good, good just testing :P
Reply 736
Do you have the answer to this........................................or are you asking :colondollar:

not in the syllabus dont worry

Hahah..sorry am asking
How do you improve the atom economy of fermentation? What can the companies do with the CO2?
Reply 739
Original post by LifeIsGood
Oh my 7?! How many do you have in Summer?

oops missed ur post there :L errm 5 + retakes which will probs be about 3 aaahh :angry:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending