OSCE tomorrow... :afraid:
Reply 8561
Original post by Beska

What are the possible stations? Good luck :smile:
Reply 8562
Original post by lekky
What are the possible stations? Good luck :smile:

Gathering information, venepuncture, resp exam, hand washing. I think that's all... so not too much. :p:

e: Oh, and BLS.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8563
Original post by Beska
Gathering information, venepuncture, resp exam, hand washing. I think that's all... so not too much. :p:

e: Oh, and BLS.

Not too much! should be good. Generally I think OSCEs are way less stressful. I have a clinical skills revision night tonight but OSCEs not until the end of the year.. the day after our written exam (harsh). Use your flatmates to practice on.

General question to all: do you find it easier to talk through what you're doing (and any findings) as you go along, or to summarise everything at the end? I can't decide, I find it distracting to have to talk through as I go along but then always forget something if I leave it to the end..
Original post by Beska

This early?
Formative though right?

I will swap I have psychiatry assessment tomorrow - my most hated subject within medicine.
Probably should start revising! I feel like crap, am still puking and most of all have no motivation!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Picking clinical blocks for next year = realisation that I actually have to go back to Medicine :s-smilie: I don't know any medicine anymore!
Reply 8566
Original post by fairy spangles
This early?
Formative though right?

Yeh so no biggie
Original post by Beska
Yeh so no biggie

Swop you for psychiatry!!
Im sure they wouldnt notice.
I will swap I have psychiatry assessment tomorrow - my most hated subject within medicine.

Psych is rubbish.
Original post by crazylemon
We are not allowed to talk through as we do it.

Also at the risk f sounding a retard BLS?

Basic life support?
Original post by lekky
Not too much! should be good. Generally I think OSCEs are way less stressful. I have a clinical skills revision night tonight but OSCEs not until the end of the year.. the day after our written exam (harsh). Use your flatmates to practice on.

General question to all: do you find it easier to talk through what you're doing (and any findings) as you go along, or to summarise everything at the end? I can't decide, I find it distracting to have to talk through as I go along but then always forget something if I leave it to the end..

In earlier years where i was just memorising lists of clever things to say I found it helpful to speak out my carefully rehearsed script, because basically thats all you are doing! In later years it serves no purpose because i would just get distracted by my script.
Psychiatry on the otherhand is a mystery unknown to man and a speciality that I hate with a passion. How and why would people want to do that for a living?
Reply 8571
In earlier years where i was just memorising lists of clever things to say I found it helpful to speak out my carefully rehearsed script, because basically thats all you are doing! In later years it serves no purpose because i would just get distracted by my script.
Psychiatry on the otherhand is a mystery unknown to man and a speciality that I hate with a passion. How and why would people want to do that for a living?

Yeah I guess learning bullet points to cover at the end of each will work as long as I remember to note any findings and don't forget to put them in at the relevant part.

We are not allowed to talk through as we do it.

Also at the risk f sounding a retard BLS?

We're constantly told to talk our way through it :dontknow:

So for cervical lymph nodes it was a case of sub-mental, sub-mandibular, tonsillar etc..
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx

So for cervical lymph nodes it was a case of sub-mantle, sub-mandibular, tonsillar etc..

Do you mean submental or are the submantles a set of nodes I'm unaware of?
Original post by Kinkerz

Original post by Kinkerz
Do you mean submental or are the submantles a set of nodes I'm unaware of?

Gah accidently typed sub-mentle, and then changed the wrong vowel :facepalm:
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx

So for cervical lymph nodes it was a case of sub-mantle, sub-mandibular, tonsillar etc..

Same here. In my general exam OSCE I started palpating the above and was specifically asked to name them as I did it. Ditto for say abdo exam.. "I'm feeling for guarding" etc etc..

I even had anatomy questions being fired at me while I was auscultating for bowel sounds. Bit annoying tbh.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8576
Finally finished my drug presentation SSC :biggrin:

Time to catch up with Junior Doctors and Big Bang Theory. :smile:
My day so far: Waking up and thinking.. this isn't my room..
Realisation that I'd fallen asleep at the rowing Withnail and I challenge last night
Realisation that everything hurt
Go to med school and help out with interviews all morning, still slightly drunk to start, then massively hungover for the rest.
Got back, sleep.

**** off PBL, you're not getting done this week.
Have just passed finals :biggrin: ! Can't quite believe it - still keep checking the email just in case - but very happy!
Reply 8579
Original post by Madprof
Have just passed finals :biggrin: ! Can't quite believe it - still keep checking the email just in case - but very happy!

Congratulations!

I remember that night well - out for dinner - I felt far too nauseated to eat pudding (v uncharacteristic for me!) & once the text messages started dashed back to check results on college computer... then we went back for pudding & cocktails. :biggrin: I had to reread the email a good few times & get someone else to double check my number.

Latest

Trending

Trending