The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Brand New Eyes
Tell me about it! I wrote it day before the deadline when I had my History Exam on the Tuesday :colone: and submitted it at 23:59 on Sunday. :rofl:

Was all fine though so :heart:

wow...:afraid:
Original post by nightmare91
Awww how nice of you!!! :hugs: hopefully!!! :biggrin:

haha no worries :biggrin:
Reply 7821
Awww how nice of you!!! :hugs: hopefully!!! :biggrin:

Your avatar is working again :biggrin:

(hire me when you get to the top)
Original post by Tateco
Your avatar is working again :biggrin:

(hire me when you get to the top)

yayyy :biggrin:

(and will do :cool: but same goes for you :wink: )
Original post by Tateco
Loving the subtlety :L (wouldn't let me rep you)

Got it covered :wink:

Original post by -Illmatic-
wow...:afraid:

afraid? :frown: I didn't get anything in the end but erm at least I tried, didn't even mention it in my PS.

yayyy :biggrin:

(and will do :cool: but same goes for you :wink: )

AND ME! remember us when you're in your 4000 acre mansion
just put us all on the board of economists at the ECB

easier that way :tongue:
Original post by Brand New Eyes

AND ME! remember us when you're in your 4000 acre mansion

just put us all on the board of economists at the ECB

easier that way :tongue:

Haha yea we'll pull Europe out of the recession! TSR economists are the best :cool:
Original post by somaiyar
Did the tutor say that all offers for straight econ will be given out in the next couple of weeks?

She said that rejections would be sent out "over the next day or two" and I assume that, given the evidence in this thread today, offers are being processed as well.
Reply 7827
Original post by internetstephen

She said that rejections would be sent out "over the next day or two" and I assume that, given the evidence in this thread today, offers are being processed as well.

So if we don't get a rejection this week it's a good sign?
I'd do #6 on the Young Economist of the Year
Why, what did you do? :tongue:

Lol were the Bank of England that unimpressed by your imcompetence :colone:

lol i cant talk we went out in the first round :getmecoat:

Original post by Tateco
LSE are notorious for their love of religious studies GCSE, you will be the first person in 150 years to receive an offer from them without meeting this prerequisite.

Be thankful, it's a lot of work!

how come? Did you get through to the next stage? Might see you in the final :wink:

Long story, but we were a bit too 'familiar' with one of the judges. All worked out well in the end.

We didn't do nearly enough work, we came second in the first round. Didn't see the winners' presentation.

There were some REALLY REALLY bad presentations though.
Original post by ohTS
So if we don't get a rejection this week it's a good sign?

Lol I don't know. She didn't exactly give me a play by play of the process, just a throwaway comment about rejections.
Reply 7831

Lol I don't know. She didn't exactly give me a play by play of the process, just a throwaway comment about rejections.

Ah damn, lie to me and say it's a good sign.
Reply 7832
Original post by WalkerPrince
Long story, but we were a bit too 'familiar' with one of the judges. All worked out well in the end.

We didn't do nearly enough work, we came second in the first round. Didn't see the winners' presentation.

There were some REALLY REALLY bad presentations though.

Yeah I that you need to put loads of work into it or it's not worth bothering at all.
Hi there,
I am an international applicant.

For LSE, anyone applied for straight Econs as well as Econometrics and Mathematical Economics?
Any views on this?
I heard rumors it is not advisable to apply for two courses at the same institution but since these two courses are 75% similar, why not give it a go?

I currently hold unconditionals from UCL and Warwick.

Welcome all feedback. thanks alot!!
Original post by Tomatochuckers
Wagwan fellow brown-skin (a.k.a. Indian) :hi:

No he's not being serious, an A in RS specifically does not matter to LSE. But ask yourself whether you could have achieved a higher grade, and if you could have done better, then failure to do so should make you realise that you are not cut out for the LSE :ms:

HA HA! You brown too? I am indian but moved to this country and i dont know much!
Original post by 94george94
Who's doing Young Economist of the year this year then?

Here are the titles if you haven't seen them:

1. Africa is well-placed to achieve rapid and sustainable development in the decade ahead. Do you agree?

2. Over a million young people in the UK are unemployed. What should be done to address the problem?

3. A breakup of the euro provides the best hope for a durable recovery of the European economy. Discuss

4. To what extent can we use ideas drawn from behavioural economics to help address specific social and economic problems?

5. Manufacturing’s share of the UK economy shrank from 19% in 1998 to 12% by 2007. Does this matter and, if so, how could policy revitalise British manufacturing?

6. Is there a better way out of the debt crisis than austerity?

split between 3 and 6... 3 is more interesting, but far more research required :frown:
Reply 7836
Finally offer from Nottingham a*AA
Original post by somaiyar
Finally offer from Nottingham a*AA

SAME! so relieved :smile:
Reply 7838
Nottingham rejection.. Gutted..
Original post by Hemzo
Nottingham rejection.. Gutted..

:console: Sorry to hear...

It's their loss anyway, you'll get other offers I'm sure! Don't lose hope :redface:

Latest

Trending

Trending