The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Doughnuts!!
Yup, it says it's a 30 min competency interview. I've booked mine for Feb 1. You could only choose between Feb 1 and Feb 2.

sic work!!

They seem to have offered interviews last week and today!

Only one 30 min competency interview? Thats seems quite small - most other banks have 2 interviews hmm
Original post by course101

Only one 30 min competency interview? Thats seems quite small - most other banks have 2 interviews hmm

That's what I thought as well, especially since they don't even do a numerical.

I'm not complaining though!
That's what I thought as well, especially since they don't even do a numerical.

I'm not complaining though!

ye lol - I wonder how many interviews they give..

Does it say competency? and specifically not technical or....
No GS email.

:frown:

Lol.
Original post by Michael XYZ
No GS email.

Lol.

lol chill - they seem to have only let a few people know - a few thousand must have applied so dont worry - if you have a strong app - then you will probs get an interview.
Reply 3445
no email from GS. Sad times.
No GS email.

Lol.

Same.

Anybody with an interview for GS GIR?
Original post by course101
ye lol - I wonder how many interviews they give..

Does it say competency? and specifically not technical or....

Yep it specifically says competency.

I suspect that there may be more than one round of interviews, though. After scheduling my interview, the confirmation email said "Thank you for scheduling an interview on the first round interview day".
Reply 3448
GS IBD interview.

It's a telephone interview since i don't live in UK. Do you think it is possible to get a face-to-face one instead?

Also, anyone could give me a PM about what kind of questions that come up during Morgan Stanley interviews?
Reply 3449
No GS email.

Lol.

Same.

Oh well, RBS papers signed and sent today. If I get another one (realistically only in the running for UBS/Citi/MS now) I'll be happy, otherwise I'm going to have to beef up my CV for next year.
(edited 12 years ago)
Yep it specifically says competency.

I suspect that there may be more than one round of interviews, though. After scheduling my interview, the confirmation email said "Thank you for scheduling an interview on the first round interview day".

no i think its only one interview - I've had interviews with a few banks and it said 'first round' even though there was only one interview.
At least you have offers!

I had my BarCap AC today. It was okay but realised just how tough the competition is... no idea how they even go about picking people to be honest. I guess here and there you have some people with amazing knowledge.
Reply 3452
DEUTSCHE BANK SPRING WEEK

Anyone know what the application process involves?

much-appreesh
Any update on Nomura? Ive had no response from them since i applied on the 14th...
At least you have offers!

I had my BarCap AC today. It was okay but realised just how tough the competition is... no idea how they even go about picking people to be honest. I guess here and there you have some people with amazing knowledge.

What made you realise? As in, did you speak to a few of the other interviewees and feel overwhelmed?

I always try to avoid that before an interview, just makes things worse when you see how much prep the other guy's done.
GS IBD interview, does that make five of us here on TSR?
Original post by Raphael_R
GS IBD interview, does that make five of us here on TSR?

sorry can i ask what time?
Original post by Ramin Gorji
Any update on Nomura? Ive had no response from them since i applied on the 14th...

same here..
i havent done any tests too, just application
Reply 3458
Original post by milanftw
same here..
i havent done any tests too, just application

I applied over 2 months ago now and still nothing. Forgot about it really.
Original post by Webstersss
sorry can i ask what time?

Next week, ain't gonna be more accurate. ;-)

Latest

Trending

Trending