The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Thrug
That's weird. How come? Any theories as to why? :tongue: Or do they often do that?

I don't have any STEP either
Reply 4661
Original post by TheMagicMan
I don't have any STEP either

Jealous :tongue:

Any ideas as to why? (FYI, I didn't apply to Imperial)
Original post by hamina93

....:0 just noticed that I applied G125 not G104....:,( stupid me

the awkward moment when you realise you've applied for the wrong course... i sent them a cheeky email asking them whether i could be considered for G1G3 instead of G103 on Thursday night, and two minutes later i got an email thanking me to applying for their open day... there was a link for admission enquiries though, so i emailed that and got an email from the natural sciences department saying they were out of office. and then i gave up and went and cried in a corner.
I got an e-mail saying change in UCAS status (you know the one) and the ony decision left to come through is durham. OF ALL DAYS UCAS TRACK HAS TO BE DOWN!!! the tension is killing me!!
Original post by Thrug
Jealous :tongue:

Any ideas as to why? (FYI, I didn't apply to Imperial)

No clue :confused:

Maybe imperial aren't doing step this year...
....:0 just noticed that I applied G125 not G104....:,( stupid me

IIRC the entry requirements are similar. Besides, they won't care if you want to switch - I think most degree codings aren't stringent so you could technically ask at the end of your degree to receive another title if you really wanted to.

Unless something has drastically changed, you can most definitely ask to be taken off G125 and take any course you wanted to
Original post by YLY
Is anyone here not doing physics and thinking of applying for maths, or am I the only one?

gcses 9 A* 1 A
A level Maths. F maths, Economics, Latin.

I never did physics of mechanics and have 4 offers :smile:
I only got 2A*s too and dropped economics after AS so i'm sure you'll be fine :biggrin:
Original post by ccfcadam36
I got an e-mail saying change in UCAS status (you know the one) and the ony decision left to come through is durham. OF ALL DAYS UCAS TRACK HAS TO BE DOWN!!! the tension is killing me!!

UCAS is down? I never realised!! haha :/
Thats awful!!!!! Just keep trying it!! :frown:

Oh that must really suck. Hope it's good news!
Reply 4669
Original post by theharrovian
the awkward moment when you realise you've applied for the wrong course... i sent them a cheeky email asking them whether i could be considered for G1G3 instead of G103 on Thursday night, and two minutes later i got an email thanking me to applying for their open day... there was a link for admission enquiries though, so i emailed that and got an email from the natural sciences department saying they were out of office. and then i gave up and went and cried in a corner.

lol what is G1G3 course?Luckily I applied the course I wanted, G125, but I thought my course is different one and kept asked ppl if there is anyone who got G103(4?) offer.. Then I noticed my course is G125...
(edited 12 years ago)

lol what is G1G3 course?Luckily I applied the course I wanted, G125, but I thought my course is different one and kept asked ppl if there is anyone who got G103(4?) offer.. Then I noticed my course is G125...

G1G3 is Maths with Stats... and stats is my favourite bit of maths because i like its applications
Original post by theharrovian
G1G3 is Maths with Stats... and stats is my favourite bit of maths because i like its applications

just read your posts from above....I changed my course from g100 to g103...I emailed the nat sci thing first as well.....you should get a autoreply etc. I think the email gets passed around :tongue:
Reply 4672
Original post by hassi94
Quite a few people, but I'm pretty sure the majority do physics (just cause mathmos tend to like physics I guess haha).

Which unis have you applied for?

I'm in year 12 currently :P

Original post by dnumberwang
Yep, I haven't done physics and I have 5 offers, it really doesn't matter

Ah that's a relief, I was beginning to think my chances were over before they started! What offers have you got?

Original post by BeccaCath94
I never did physics of mechanics and have 4 offers :smile:
I only got 2A*s too and dropped economics after AS so i'm sure you'll be fine :biggrin:

Thanks :smile: again, that's calmed me a lot :P what offers have you got?
Anyone heard from Bath about post application open days for the maths department? :smile:
Original post by YLY
Thanks :smile: again, that's calmed me a lot :P what offers have you got?

I'm glad! :smile:
So far i've got:
Lancaster - GR12 (ABB)
Leeds - G101 (AAB)
Liverpool - G1R9 (ABB)
Heriot Watt (BBB)
Can anyone help with Linear Interpolation - FP1 - i dont get it :frown:
Original post by BeccaCath94
Can anyone help with Linear Interpolation - FP1 - i dont get it :frown:

Either use similar triangles or the formula I'm about to give you - it is a lot simpler than it looks when you write it out. Given that we are talking about an exam tomorrow, I suggest you go for the formula.

If you are using the interval from x1 to x2 and have worked out the y coordinates to go with them, y1 and y2, the next guess is x3 where

x3=(x1mod(y2)+x2mod(y1)/(mod(y1)+mod(y2))

Notice the pattern of the x and y on the top. You need to find the modulus of each y value because you just want lengths. If the x values happen to be negative, they must stay negative.
Original post by tiny hobbit
Either use similar triangles or the formula I'm about to give you - it is a lot simpler than it looks when you write it out. Given that we are talking about an exam tomorrow, I suggest you go for the formula.

If you are using the interval from x1 to x2 and have worked out the y coordinates to go with them, y1 and y2, the next guess is x3 where

x3=(x1mod(y2)+x2mod(y1)/(mod(y1)+mod(y2))

Notice the pattern of the x and y on the top. You need to find the modulus of each y value because you just want lengths. If the x values happen to be negative, they must stay negative.

Thank you very much :smile:
I hope it doesnt come up but.... :P
Original post by laughylolly
Oh that must really suck. Hope it's good news!

meh bad news, but i wasn't too bothered anyway, going to make bath my firm for sure now. can't wait for uni now!!
meh bad news, but i wasn't too bothered anyway, going to make bath my firm for sure now. can't wait for uni now!!

Aw okay :frown: At least you almost know for sure where your going next year now! I seriously can't wait for uni either.

Latest