The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IamBeowulf
Are you guys talking about AQA or Edexcel. I found the AQA one quite hard :s-smilie:

I did OCR today. Hope you guys get your grades, if not you can always do it again in June :smile:
Reply 1541
Biology was my fall at A level even though it was my favourite subject. In the end I got a B but with 2 marks off an A. Pissed.
Funnily enough in Chemistry, the subject I disliked the most, I got an A*. As much as I found it hard in class, I always did awesome in exams for it. No idea why.

If I could do it all again I'd make sure I'd finish the spec months before my exam so I could just do past papers. You know you'll smack an exam when you're confident enough to go a day with out any rev the day before your actual exams. Ask yourself that. Not sure if it's the same thing with uni exams.

E: lol why neg?
(edited 12 years ago)
As with yesterday, good luck if you have unit 4 chemistry today! I do f325 first so I have another week but know most people do it the normal way round aha :smile:

M x
Original post by popsiclee67
As with yesterday, good luck if you have unit 4 chemistry today! I do f325 first so I have another week but know most people do it the normal way round aha :smile:

M x

Same! I am worried that you have to know the other unit to do f325.. like synoptic links
Reply 1544
any1 heard anything 2day?
Did Unit 4 chemistry today. A2 exams are just not going well for me :facepalm:

I hope they went alright for everyone else though :smile:
Original post by mashalli
any1 heard anything 2day?

Nope. Have you heard from anywhere? :smile:
Original post by sumsum123
Same! I am worried that you have to know the other unit to do f325.. like synoptic links

you don't :smile:
The only synoptic questions that come up are related to unit 1 + 2 :smile:

M x

Hey, I've got OCR F325 on the 1st of Feb aswell! Hope i do well in it.. about 70/100 raw marks is the average for an A which doesnt seem that hard. Theres 4 past papers including the specimen.. I hate enthalpy and the born haber cycles
Original post by cobra2k10
Hey, I've got OCR F325 on the 1st of Feb aswell! Hope i do well in it.. about 70/100 raw marks is the average for an A which doesnt seem that hard. Theres 4 past papers including the specimen.. I hate enthalpy and the born haber cycles

Have you done the past papers? They're not that easy! one was 64/100 for an A!
I've got all of them, plus every legacy paper there is - I failed these last year and am determined to do well this year so fingers crossed! aha

Good luck on Weds! Have you finished your exams now except for that one?
Original post by Ally312
Did Unit 4 chemistry today. A2 exams are just not going well for me :facepalm:

I hope they went alright for everyone else though :smile:

aw I'm sure you've done better than you think! :smile:
aw I'm sure you've done better than you think! :smile:

Thank you, and I hope so :redface:

How many exams do you have left? Is it just the chemistry one? :smile:
Original post by Ally312
Thank you, and I hope so :redface:

How many exams do you have left? Is it just the chemistry one? :smile:

I haven't had any yet haha! Only got chemistry on weds :smile:
Reply 1553

Are you doing AQA Chem Unit 5?
Have you done the past papers? They're not that easy! one was 64/100 for an A!
I've got all of them, plus every legacy paper there is - I failed these last year and am determined to do well this year so fingers crossed! aha

Good luck on Weds! Have you finished your exams now except for that one?

yeah, its my last exam. im going to go over the specification this weekend so my knowledge on concrete and then do all the papers incuding the legacy ones! good luck!

Nice :smile: All my exams are over for now, (yay!) :tongue: What are legacy papers? Are they just past papers?

And Good Luck with your chemistry exam :smile:
Reply 1556
Original post by Ally312
Nice :smile: All my exams are over for now, (yay!) :tongue: What are legacy papers? Are they just past papers?

And Good Luck with your chemistry exam :smile:

Legacy papers are papers from the last specification, so the questions are similar but not exactly the same.
Original post by Besakt
Legacy papers are papers from the last specification, so the questions are similar but not exactly the same.

Thought they might have been something like that.... thanks :smile:
Does anyone know and this is particularly aimed at current BM6 students, whether BM6 students like BM5 students also have the opportunity to do an intercalated Masters degree? Thanks :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Moonthana
Does anyone know and this is particularly aimed at current BM6 students, whether BM6 students like BM5 students also have the opportunity to do an intercalated Masters degree? Thanks :smile:

Once you complete the Bm6 year, you just become a BM5. There is no difference between people who have done BM6 and those just starting BM5. So yes you can do it, but you need to be chosen. The uni only allows a few people to do it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending