The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
i am now awake. my sleeping patterns are this bad. oh dear. at least i love being asleep, dreams are much kinder than reality when you control them. Suppose thats why i play so many video games. ah well.
Reply 281
it doesnt help that i play them, review them and make them really. Thats my life in a nutshell. If i meet someone half as nerdy as me ill cling to them life a beartrap :tongue:
Original post by Anonymous
Well it'd be a shame to waste your talents now, wouldn't it? :tongue:
That's a shame, hope tomorrow is a better day for you. :hugs:

Thanks. I'm sure he will, he always does :tongue:
Do you think like that too?
No, it's for a resit on Monday. Althought mock week is next week and I haven't even thought about it. Not too bothered if I don't do well, they don't mean anything. I just don't want my teachers thinking I'm not trying and so watching me like a hawk.
Haha, it's almost like they have some form of magnetism.

It would indeed. :tongue:
Thanks, just realising that this really doesn't seem possible. My only shot is if the doctor increased my dose on Tuesday and then if I feel like I did around the end of December I might not be totally hopeless. Need to try the impossible module tomorrow that I'm suppose to have work for on Monday and oh this is bad. Sorry, just some therapeutic whining.

That's a good sign, he sounds like a fighter. :hugs:
A bit, I suppose my thinking is more like I just feel bad because I'm lazy, so I'm causing it all in the first place. Can't explain what I mean that well. :tongue:
Good luck, hope it goes alright. Probably for the best not to think about it.
Reply 283
i do that quite a bit, however my head is filled with random trivia useless to most people.
Original post by sophiemay20
Is anyone else here taking Citalopram? Does it take a while for them to work properly? I'm taking them to treat an ED, depression and anxiety after switching from Fluoxetine (which I only took for a month because I had so many side effects from them and they made me really suicidal). I've only been taking Citalopram (10mg) for 6 days so far and they are making me feel awful already. I feel so low to the point where I'm starting to feel a bit suicidal again, I'm constantly randomly crying, I just want to be on my own because being around people is triggering nothing but anxiety and paranoia. I seriously don't know what's hit me, everything just seems to be worse whatever tablet I'm on. Just want to get off them.

I am, they do take a while to work, think I started noticing an effect after about 3 weeks. They didn't make me feel worse before then though, so maybe it would be worth going back to your doctor if it's that bad.
Original post by sophiemay20
Is anyone else here taking Citalopram? Does it take a while for them to work properly? I'm taking them to treat an ED, depression and anxiety after switching from Fluoxetine (which I only took for a month because I had so many side effects from them and they made me really suicidal). I've only been taking Citalopram (10mg) for 6 days so far and they are making me feel awful already. I feel so low to the point where I'm starting to feel a bit suicidal again, I'm constantly randomly crying, I just want to be on my own because being around people is triggering nothing but anxiety and paranoia. I seriously don't know what's hit me, everything just seems to be worse whatever tablet I'm on. Just want to get off them.

For me, the first two weeks or so of being on citalopram (I did 8 days on 10mg then increased to 20 after that) were absolute hell. I was getting panic attacks every morning when I've never had an anxiety problem before, not sleeping, couldn't eat, could barely talk. I also became more suicidal than I'd ever been. I almost asked my doctor to prescribe something else because I felt so bad.

However, I somehow managed to carry on taking them and three to four weeks on, all the side effects have disappeared and everything is SO much better. For the first time in ages I'm coping and thinking clearly again. I feel like this drug has given me my life back. So my advice would be to ring your doctor and say how they're making you feel - perhaps you could keep going with the lower dose until you get used to it - but bear in mind that side effects are common for the first week or two and it takes this long to get any beneficial effect. Good luck and I hope things get better for you. :smile:
It would indeed. :tongue:
Thanks, just realising that this really doesn't seem possible. My only shot is if the doctor increased my dose on Tuesday and then if I feel like I did around the end of December I might not be totally hopeless. Need to try the impossible module tomorrow that I'm suppose to have work for on Monday and oh this is bad. Sorry, just some therapeutic whining.

That's a good sign, he sounds like a fighter. :hugs:
A bit, I suppose my thinking is more like I just feel bad because I'm lazy, so I'm causing it all in the first place. Can't explain what I mean that well. :tongue:
Good luck, hope it goes alright. Probably for the best not to think about it.

I'm not sure what to say but good luck with the work tomorrow :hugs:
I do more than my fair share of whining so you are entitled to some!

Yeah, I can completely relate to that, I understand what you mean.
I am almost definitely a lesbian or at least bisexual. Not sure why I am so bothered, my mum would be completely fine with it. It's just my homophobic step-dad that concerns me, not that I care what he thinks about me.
Sorry, just needed to get that out, you're the first person I've told :gasp:

My mums train this morning was re-routed due to a person throwing themselves on the line :frown:
Original post by kiss_me_now9
My mums train this morning was re-routed due to a person throwing themselves on the line :frown:

That sucks :console:

I linked to the article because I thought it offered a bit of hope to people in the same kind of situation.
Yeah, sorry. It's a good article :yy:
I'm not sure what to say but good luck with the work tomorrow :hugs:
I do more than my fair share of whining so you are entitled to some!

Yeah, I can completely relate to that, I understand what you mean.
I am almost definitely a lesbian or at least bisexual. Not sure why I am so bothered, my mum would be completely fine with it. It's just my homophobic step-dad that concerns me, not that I care what he thinks about me.
Sorry, just needed to get that out, you're the first person I've told :gasp:

Thanks, going to need a miracle! :tongue:

Why do our minds do this to us. :tongue:
Good to luck things out! Have you known for long? Sometimes people who say homophobic things aren't like that when it's family. If he does bother you at all though hopefully your mum would sort him out. :hugs:
Thanks, going to need a miracle! :tongue:

Why do our minds do this to us. :tongue:
Good to luck things out! Have you known for long? Sometimes people who say homophobic things aren't like that when it's family. If he does bother you at all though hopefully your mum would sort him out. :hugs:

Heh, I do not know!

Thanks. I think I've always known tbh, just as I have gotten older it has felt 'normal' for me. I think she would, yeah :hugs:
What a crazy (no pun intended) month! Having spent everyday up until now in a psych unit since new years day which involved 2 failed suicide attempts, beer pong with ketchup instead of beer with a guy who told me he planned to kill his sister, thinking that the GP was going to hurt me and being stroked inappropriatley by a visitor, psychiatrist and patient, here's hoping that February will be a bit more sane :beer:
Original post by Noodlzzz
What a crazy (no pun intended) month! Having spent everyday up until now in a psych unit since new years day which involved 2 failed suicide attempts, beer pong with ketchup instead of beer with a guy who told me he planned to kill his sister, thinking that the GP was going to hurt me and being stroked inappropriatley by a visitor, psychiatrist and patient, here's hoping that February will be a bit more sane :beer:

Beer pong with ketchup... I will try this sometime :tongue:

:beer: I hope its a bit better too!
Might cancel my GP appointment...

feel like im not nearly depressed enough to need drugs.

like I function fine in everyday life... (probably) none of my friends know that im depressed and wouldn't unless i told them, even my family don't know....

and reading on this thread all the side effects and people's experiences it seems not worth it...

D:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 296
right, ive been told to set some goals so here goes:
1) talk to a stranger somewhere by the end of march
2) get into a relationship by the end of the year
3) get a job and flat by july
simple steps to improve my life inbetween. In the words of robert webb "lets get this sorted!!"
Original post by novaspire
right, ive been told to set some goals so here goes:
1) talk to a stranger somewhere by the end of march
2) get into a relationship by the end of the year
3) get a job and flat by july
simple steps to improve my life inbetween. In the words of robert webb "lets get this sorted!!"

I like the idea of setting goals but you really can't force a relationship, if they happen they happen (unless you have girls falling at your feet and you turn them all down!) I hope that makes sense.
Reply 298
Original post by kiss_me_now9
I like the idea of setting goals but you really can't force a relationship, if they happen they happen (unless you have girls falling at your feet and you turn them all down!) I hope that makes sense.

yeh, no kidding. that was more of i cant think of a third big one, so i gave myself a huge amount of time, and also i think its possible. Its one of those goals where i cant like go for it full force, but the fact its there reinforces positive thinking and heck it would be nice if i met it. If not, two out of 3 isnt bad.
Original post by novaspire
yeh, no kidding. that was more of i cant think of a third big one, so i gave myself a huge amount of time, and also i think its possible. Its one of those goals where i cant like go for it full force, but the fact its there reinforces positive thinking and heck it would be nice if i met it. If not, two out of 3 isnt bad.

OK, that makes sense, I'm not trying to be a downer but I think it's important to know the realities of a situation before committing to it :colondollar: But yes, positive thinking! Best of luck :smile:

Latest