The Student Room Group

Singapore Kopitiam

Scroll to see replies

Anyone heading to Uni of Manchester this September???
Reply 2821
Original post by fellowjoe
ok i know these two places are vastly different but...

is any singaporean here going to melbourne or UBC this fall ?

I might be going to McGill.. which isn't very near UBC but the same country? :biggrin:
Reply 2822
Original post by kolezlaw
heelllo all. any fellow sgreans here in london? just moved into the city not long ago, lemme know if you are here and like to hang out some time!

Welcome to London. How do you like the city?
There are lots of singaporeans in LSE, perhaps join the society?
Hopefully, I'll join you in September at LSE *fingers crossed* :^_^:
Original post by Remy-Rae
I might be going to McGill.. which isn't very near UBC but the same country? :biggrin:

Haha cool, i applied to McGill too for Arts. Are you applying there too?
Reply 2824
Haha cool, i applied to McGill too for Arts. Are you applying there too?

Yup, I've applied for arts too. I'm hoping to possibly major in political science :smile:
I really like Montreal, do you prefer Vancouver/Melbourne ?
Yup, I've applied for arts too. I'm hoping to possibly major in political science :smile:
I really like Montreal, do you prefer Vancouver/Melbourne ?

Same, hoping to do PolSci as well!

According to Minerva, my status is still reflected as Ready for Review. What about you?
Reply 2826
Same, hoping to do PolSci as well!

According to Minerva, my status is still reflected as Ready for Review. What about you?

Same, I think they only start rolling admissions on 28th of January.. or at least that's what the website says. :smile:
Reply 2827
any singaporean oxford freshers page for 2012??
any singaporeans heading to University of Bath this sep?
:wink:
Same, I think they only start rolling admissions on 28th of January.. or at least that's what the website says. :smile:

Let's keep our fingers crossed :x
Queen Mary in sept 2012?
Reply 2831
To ppl starting in 2012,

when can we expect to get our CAS number from our confirmed unis?
Reply 2832
Sheffield/Southampton anybody? :smile: 2012.
Anyone going for Actuarial Science at Cass Business School or Heriot-Watt? How bout MMORSE at Warwick?
Anyone heading to UCL School of Pharmacy?
Or anyone interested in applying for the MOH Holdings Nursing & Allied health scholarship?
Original post by Nicholasng925
Anyone going for Actuarial Science at Cass Business School or Heriot-Watt? How bout MMORSE at Warwick?

Got an offer from Cass for investment and financial risk management. Considering changing it to Actuarial.
Btw, do you know how employers here treat cass grads?
I can't really find much information about it locally.
Original post by iamlovinit05
Got an offer from Cass for investment and financial risk management. Considering changing it to Actuarial.
Btw, do you know how employers here treat cass grads?
I can't really find much information about it locally.

I'm not sure how employers treat Cass grads generally, but in the actuarial profession, Cass grads are highly regarded by the employers as Actuarial Science at Cass Business School is indisputably one of the best in the UK, besides Heriot-Watt.
Original post by whitelily29
Anyone heading to UCL School of Pharmacy?
Or anyone interested in applying for the MOH Holdings Nursing & Allied health scholarship?

Yes im interested in applying for that scholarship! Are there any other scholarships available for pharmacy? Dont think I will be able to go to UCL without financial help :s-smilie:
Anyway what do they look for in their applicants? Thanks!
Original post by porcelaindoll
Yes im interested in applying for that scholarship! Are there any other scholarships available for pharmacy? Dont think I will be able to go to UCL without financial help :s-smilie:
Anyway what do they look for in their applicants? Thanks!

I'm guessing that you're an A level student?
I took a gap year, so I actually got the scholarship last year. The bond is crazy, but it's all worth it to go to UCL (and be at the centre of London!):biggrin:

Academics, definitely. But they want to see some passion. I'm an IB student, with a score of 43, and 7s at Bio, Chem and Math HL. I was offered an interview less than 3 days after I submitted the application online. The interview was kinda nerve-wrecking. One of my friends went for it the year before, so she told me what to expect. There were like 10-12 interviewers, so that was daunting. They asked me mostly about my personal quality essay. Like they talked about my CCA, and I showed them my Extended Essay (an individual PW in IB).

They did ask me what I knew of pharmacy. To be honest, I wasn't expecting to apply to pharmacy. A month plus before the interview I had already firmed my place at UCL for medicinal chemistry. That's why I took a gap year, cause withdrawing from 2011 meant I had to reapply in the 2012 cycle.

After the question, I really thought "that was it.", that there was no way they'd offer it to me. But the next day, they called me and asked me to attend a one day internship at NUH to learn more about pharmacy. I did that, and a week later, they sent me the letter to offer me the scholarship.
You're so luck whitelily!!! I want to be in LONDON toooo! 10-12 interviewers omg, thats really scary. But I guess its worth it..being nerve-wrecked and all haha! I'm gonna try for it in March. Anyway did u apply for PSC too?

Quick Reply

Latest