The Student Room Group

Edge Hill University Nursing

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I had an interview at edge hill yesterday at 8am! The maths and english were pretty easy, and the interviewers were both really nice. I hope i get an offer, i love it there- they said we wont hear until april though :-(
Original post by sophiecat
I had an interview at edge hill yesterday at 8am! The maths and english were pretty easy, and the interviewers were both really nice. I hope i get an offer, i love it there- they said we wont hear until april though :-(

That's a long time, they must've had loads of applicants!! How long were the maths/english tests if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by Cherriesxo
How long were the maths/english tests if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

Yeah they said they had about 950 applicants!:eek: You get 15 minutes for the maths and 30 minutes for the english, personally i don't think 30 minutes for the english was enough because of the essay, but that's just me.
Reply 43
Yeah they said they had about 950 applicants!:eek: You get 15 minutes for the maths and 30 minutes for the english, personally i don't think 30 minutes for the english was enough because of the essay, but that's just me.

It's 10 minutes for the maths test :smile: and take a calculator!
Reply 44
oh yeah, sorry! Stupid D;
Original post by alinaylor
Hello!! I'm doing Children's nursing in April too, so excited!! Please please please tell me you're applying to live in halls :biggrin:

Ali xx

Hi i am moving into halls

:eek: did they say how many places they have? Sounds really competitive. Thanks for the info :smile:
:eek: did they say how many places they have? Sounds really competitive. Thanks for the info :smile:

Depends which branch you are applying to? :smile:
Reply 48
:angry:
Original post by jon.franklin
Hi i am moving into halls

Oh great! Which halls do you fancy? The more expensive ones look amazing but I think it's worth saving £40/£50 a week and going for the cheaper accom. Plus everyone says you meet more people in the cheaper halls :wink:

Have you applied for your bursary, How's that going?

If you have Facebook add me, Alexandra Naylor (went to Bolton Sixth Form College and works at 'publike')

Ali xxx
Reply 49

They said they had 500 places, but that's for both intakes (september and april), so i guess that's like 250 each intake, and that for all the branches; adult, child, mental health and learning disability!:eek: very competitive! Obviously adult has the most places.
:angry:

Oh great! Which halls do you fancy? The more expensive ones look amazing but I think it's worth saving £40/£50 a week and going for the cheaper accom. Plus everyone says you meet more people in the cheaper halls :wink:

Have you applied for your bursary, How's that going?

If you have Facebook add me, Alexandra Naylor (went to Bolton Sixth Form College and works at 'publike')

Ali xxx

I've sent off the evidence for my bursary last thursday, have you applied for yours? How long did it take? And did you get the amount that you expected to get?
Reply 51
Original post by arsenicandoldlace
I've sent off the evidence for my bursary last thursday, have you applied for yours? How long did it take? And did you get the amount that you expected to get?

I sent mine a while back still not heard anything! No idea how much I'll get, let's hope its enough xx
Reply 52
Hello, I have an interview at edge hill at 8th feb, 8am, what sort of question do they ask you?! and did you send your reference off prior to the interview :smile:?
Reply 53
Original post by ChelseaY04
Hello, I have an interview at edge hill at 8th feb, 8am, what sort of question do they ask you?! and did you send your reference off prior to the interview :smile:?

You have to send the second reference to Edge Hill admissions at least a week before your interview!! So make sure you do!

And the English and Maths tests a easy, take a calculator and brush up on GCSE comprehension questions. Also, you have to do an essay (mine was; 'What traits should a nurse demonstrate if they want to show a caring attitude') You only have 30 minutes for the entire English test, so make sure you do the essay first!

Also, they just ask you simple questions like 'Tell us about yourself' 'Why this particular branch of nursing and not another?' 'How do you think you'll cope with the work load involved with the course?' and they'll give you a scenario you might face in your work.

Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 54
Original post by lausa22
You have to send the second reference to Edge Hill admissions at least a week before your interview!! So make sure you do!

And the English and Maths tests a easy, take a calculator and brush up on GCSE comprehension questions. Also, you have to do an essay (mine was; 'What traits should a nurse demonstrate if they want to show a caring attitude') You only have 30 minutes for the entire English test, so make sure you do the essay first!

Also, they just ask you simple questions like 'Tell us about yourself' 'Why this particular branch of nursing and not another?' 'How do you think you'll cope with the work load involved with the course?' and they'll give you a scenario you might face in your work.

Hope that helps :smile:

Thank you, I got the interview this time last week, but only got the email half an hour ago, which means its a week until my interview and I haven't got my references ready, I don't know whether to just get a second reference tomorrow from college and send it off asap, or ring them and tell them that I have only got the email?!!??!!? im freaking out now :frown:
Reply 55
Thank you, I got the interview this time last week, but only got the email half an hour ago, which means its a week until my interview and I haven't got my references ready, I don't know whether to just get a second reference tomorrow from college and send it off asap, or ring them and tell them that I have only got the email?!!??!!? im freaking out now :frown:

Don't panic! Just ask your tutor to write you a second reference and then fax it off :smile: That way it won't take a few days to reach them and you'll know for sure they've got it.

Don't panic lovey, when i went for my interview most of the people didn't even realise that you needed a second reference! Just ring up the university tomorrow and explain you'll only be able to get the reference to them by a certain date :smile: and good luck :biggrin:
Reply 57
Original post by arsenicandoldlace
Don't panic lovey, when i went for my interview most of the people didn't even realise that you needed a second reference! Just ring up the university tomorrow and explain you'll only be able to get the reference to them by a certain date :smile: and good luck :biggrin:

eeek thank you, I'm a lot settled now!! How did your interview go?? Have you been offered a place:smile:?
I sent mine a while back still not heard anything! No idea how much I'll get, let's hope its enough xx

Oooh heck :s-smilie: how long ago did you send yours off? I sent mine off last thursday and they received it yesterday. I rang up the bursary people who said that it would take upto a maximum of 20 working days to process, but on the forms it says 10 working days maximum :confused: i hope it comes back soon because it's got really important documents in there including my mortgage details :frown:

Have you received the form for your health questionnaire and CRB yet btw? :smile:
eeek thank you, I'm a lot settled now!! How did your interview go?? Have you been offered a place:smile:?

I'm glad you feel comforted :smile: interview was absolutely fine, had a bit of a mare in the math exam because i didn't realise you could take a calculator :frown: but i applied for Sept 2012 and got offered April 2012 instead :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest