The Student Room Group

Keele Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dr.Galaxy99

i didn't at first. i had to call them up and received an email a few days later.

btw congrats on your interview! the wait was worth it ...

Ohh...well I only just accepted the invitation on track, should I wait?

Yeah it was..very long wait though :grumble:
Original post by ViceVersa
Ohh...well I only just accepted the invitation on track, should I wait?

Yeah it was..very long wait though :grumble:

in the email it says that you need to reply to the invitation on track. so you've done that so you're safe. seen as your interview is ages away, i'd say wait a few days but if you still don't get it, then give them a call cause the email tells you what to bring ...

haha. so have you heard from anywhere else?

in the email it says that you need to reply to the invitation on track. so you've done that so you're safe. seen as your interview is ages away, i'd say wait a few days but if you still don't get it, then give them a call cause the email tells you what to bring ...

haha. so have you heard from anywhere else?

Oh that makes sense then :tongue: yeah waiting is probably best :yep:

Thanks for saying congrats though, and to you too :smile: and rejection from HYMS, nothing from Imp, interview back in Dec for Barts, and now Keele. You?
Oh that makes sense then :tongue: yeah waiting is probably best :yep:

Thanks for saying congrats though, and to you too :smile: and rejection from HYMS, nothing from Imp, interview back in Dec for Barts, and now Keele. You?

this is my third interview ... ahhhhhhh i hope they don't keep us on tenterhooks for too long like Liverpool! i hear from them in March.

good luck with Imperial!
(edited 12 years ago)

this is my third interview ... ahhhhhhh i hope they don't keep us on tenterhooks for too long like Liverpool! i hear from them in March.

good luck with Imperial!

Thanks, means a lot :biggrin: Do we know eachother for you to be so pleased for me? :tongue:

You were once very nice to me on another thread (can't for the life of me remember which one), after I got a rejection :smile: So when I saw you'd got an interview it made me pleased that they were interviewing nice people, because I know too many people who have interviews that aren't particularly nice people :tongue:
Original post by stringbean

Original post by stringbean
You were once very nice to me on another thread (can't for the life of me remember which one), after I got a rejection :smile: So when I saw you'd got an interview it made me pleased that they were interviewing nice people, because I know too many people who have interviews that aren't particularly nice people :tongue:

Aww so being nice DOES pay off :biggrin: :tongue: Glad to hear, and awww your thanks means even more to me now :smile: Yeah I know what you mean :yep: Hope you have more interviews and an offer this year! :biggrin:
Reply 1087
in this medical interviews book i have, it talks about practice based commissioning and what the medical school curriculum was like years ago.

do you guys think we could be asked this stuff? or is the interview fairly simplistic?

Thanks to anyone who helps!

Practise based commissioning? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is an old old wooden ship, used around the civil war era
I was thinking of calling Keele to see if they are running behind on their decisions or if they are still hoping to get back to all of us by the end of January/tomorrow. Has anyone called them or anything yet?
Reply 1089
Original post by charleydavis
I was thinking of calling Keele to see if they are running behind on their decisions or if they are still hoping to get back to all of us by the end of January/tomorrow. Has anyone called them or anything yet?

I was very tempted to do so today but never got round to calling them. Has anyone heard of interviews/rejections today?
Original post by BOD13
Practise based commissioning? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is an old old wooden ship, used around the civil war era

Lol. Uhm, yeah you're right. It's old. What do they use now? Payment By Results? I've been trying to find out and NO WHERE on the Internet can I find an answer!

Also, PBC isn't literally a ship :s-smilie: if that's what you meant ...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by charleydavis

I would just wait until tomorrow is over so we definitely know that they won't get back to us in January.
KEEELE INTERVIEW! :banana: Came through on the 26th, but only just saw and accepted it :biggrin: It's for the 21st Feb - so much notice! Thought they only gave the standard 2 weeks? :rolleyes: Still made me very happy, which I definitely needed atm :biggrin:!

Congratulations :biggrin:
Good luck with the interview :smile:
Original post by manderson

Congratulations :biggrin:
Good luck with the interview :smile:

Thank you :biggrin: and thanks I will try :tongue: Fingers crossed if you're still waiting to hear some news :crossedf: :smile:
Thank you :biggrin: and thanks I will try :tongue: Fingers crossed if you're still waiting to hear some news :crossedf: :smile:

Thanks, fingers crossed I'll hear some good news by tomorrow!

Thanks, fingers crossed I'll hear some good news by tomorrow!

Yep :crossedf:
I am very skeptical about this getting back to us all by the end of January, to be honest I think they have shot themselves in the foot because that only leaves tomorrow, so on wednesday they will get lots of emails asking about the status of applications! They should have said nothing, we would be none the wiser...
I have an interview on Wednesday 8th February at 9am at Keele Medical school, any one on here going to be there around that time or even on that day? Good luck to everyone with your applications!
Reply 1098
Original post by MrRobbieHorton
I have an interview on Wednesday 8th February at 9am at Keele Medical school, any one on here going to be there around that time or even on that day? Good luck to everyone with your applications!

Hey congrats on the interview! did u find out today about it?
Original post by lisa101
Hey congrats on the interview! did u find out today about it?

Thank you, I was invited about 10 days ago :smile:

How are you doing with your applications (guessing you are applying for Medicine too) ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending