The Student Room Group

Kent or Royal Holloway?

Hey, I am new to this Student Room website...

I have applied to University this year and I have got a few offers. I have recieved conditional offers from the two Universities I want to go to, but I do not know what one is better. Can anyone help me please?

The two Universities are Royal Holloway and Kent, I will be studying Managment in Royal Holloway and in Kent I will be studying Business and Managment.

I do not know what University is better, but I want to go to a University which has a good reputation and is well known to people

Thanks for reading this...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1

I have applied to University this year and I have got a few offers. I have recieved conditional offers from the two Universities I want to go to, but I do not know what one is better. Can anyone help me please?

The two Universities are Royal Holloway and Kent, I will be studying Managment in Royal Holloway and in Kent I will be studying Business and Managment.

I do not know what University is better, but I want to go to a University which has a good reputation and is well known to people for being a good university

Reply 2
Original post by asam22

I do not know what University is better, but I want to go to a University which has a good reputation and is well known to people for being a good university

I would say Kent, but Royal Holloway is a really nice university.
Kent. It has a better careers department, and management at RH won't be great for you. That's my own opinion anyway. If you're looking at universities and not the course, then I'd say you come to RH.
Reply 4

Original post by XO*
I would say Kent, but Royal Holloway is a really nice university.

Ok thanks:smile:, is kent better than Royal Holloway then? Because RHUL entry requirements were much higher than kents:/
Reply 5
Original post by wanderlust.xx

Kent. It has a better careers department, and management at RH won't be great for you. That's my own opinion anyway. If you're looking at universities and not the course, then I'd say you come to RH.

Thanks for replying:smile:. Why do you think the managment course at RHUL won't be great for me?
Original post by asam22
Thanks for replying:smile:. Why do you think the managment course at RHUL won't be great for me?

Job prospects aren't as great as Kent for Management in particular.
Reply 7
Kent is a good uni, well known and have good facilities and reputation, i'd pick them over Royal Holloway, but both are good choices to have :biggrin:
Reply 8

I have just looked on my Ucas and realised that I am taking business studies at Kent, rather than business and managment lol.
Reply 9

I have just looked on my Ucas and realised that I am taking business studies at Kent, rather than business and managment lol.* Do you still think Kent is a better option if i'm taking business studies, compared to a managment course in Royal Holloway?
Reply 10
At the end of the day bro u got to decide on what you think is best for you.
Reply 11
Original post by ayaan

Original post by ayaan
At the end of the day bro u got to decide on what you think is best for you.

I think i'm just gonna start a icecream business with my friends 'Ayaan' I cba to go to uni now, thanks for your advice man
Reply 12
I'm Torn bewteen the same Universities but I'll be studying Criminology and Sociology.
Reply 13
That's tight. I'd say Kent, as they're equally ranked, but Egham (where holloway is located) is really dull.
Reply 14
Original post by asam22
I have just looked on my Ucas and realised that I am taking business studies at Kent, rather than business and managment lol.

In that case choose Holloway. I had this scenario too, but the Business course at kent is at Medway, a campus shared between Kent and less well ranked uinis such as greenwich. Your degree will not be as good standard therefore if you choose Kent.
Reply 15
how about Information security at royal holloway ? does any other college tops the chart for that field ? ????:colondollar:
Reply 16
Original post by swbp
That's tight. I'd say Kent, as they're equally ranked, but Egham (where holloway is located) is really dull.

Ok thanks you:smile:
Reply 17
Original post by ks1992

Original post by ks1992
I'm Torn bewteen the same Universities but I'll be studying Criminology and Sociology.

Oh right lol good luck on making your decision, royal holloway does look abit like Hogwarts lol haha
Reply 18

Original post by swbp
In that case choose Holloway. I had this scenario too, but the Business course at kent is at Medway, a campus shared between Kent and less well ranked uinis such as greenwich. Your degree will not be as good standard therefore if you choose Kent.

Oh right ok, what university are you at?

So you think my degree in managment at RHUL would be much better than my business study degree in Kent? If you think that why?
Reply 19
Original post by asam22

Original post by asam22
Oh right ok, what university are you at?

So you think my degree in managment at RHUL would be much better than my business study degree in Kent? If you think that why?

To be honest, the degree at RHUL and Kent would usually be equal. However, as it's at medway it's not as acamedic, so yes I'd choose Royal Holloway

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending