The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7920
Anyone still waiting for UCL L100? Or LSE's Maths & Econs? Seen many offers given out already.
Reply 7921
Original post by jhthed
Anyone still waiting for UCL L100? Or LSE's Maths & Econs? Seen many offers given out already.

yes, still waiting on UCL. Have you an idea of how many offers have been made, or do you know whether there have been many rejections?
Reply 7922
Original post by jhthed

I've not seen that many UCL offers/ rejections, but I'm a Maths and Econ offer holder, and I've seen/know a couple.
Original post by jacky23
yes, still waiting on UCL. Have you an idea of how many offers have been made, or do you know whether there have been many rejections?

I think there's been 2 rounds of invitation to open days with one open day already passed and another this upcoming week! Not too sure how many people are at these open days things actually but I think there's a fair few until March (I think)
Reply 7924
Original post by Feragon

Original post by Feragon
Applied to Oxford (rejected), Nottingham (38 points), Bristol (38 points with 6,6,6 at HL), Cardiff (35 points with a 5 in English) and St.Andrews (Still waiting for the reply, but I wanna put it as my firm regardless of the offer conditions).

How about you? Do you study here (Portugal? Falas Português?

Falo sim, mas vivou em Genebra. I applied to exeter (38 4hl math 5 sl english), durham (rejected, don't know why-have 42 predicted and surpassed all the minimum requirements (maybe my PS wasn't good enough, idk...)) and i am waiting for LSE, UCL and Warwick to answer. Boa sorte com st andrews
Reply 7925
Original post by Tateco
York, City, Leicester, Surrey, Loughborough

Thanks for the opinion. But is there any reason why up would put Leicester better than Surrey or Loughborough? And why would you rate City so highly? Thanks
Reply 7926
Original post by jamiepango
Not an expert on Economics and Finance, but I would say York is your best bet overall :smile:

Thanks for the opinion. And i believe York is ther better one:smile:
Reply 7927
Original post by thamerz
Thanks for the opinion. But is there any reason why up would put Leicester better than Surrey or Loughborough? And why would you rate City so highly? Thanks

No particular reason, I think York is the best but the others are probably too close to call.
I have two offers for economics (I'm still waiting on the other 3) one from Lancaster and one from Exeter. Just wondering which one is better?
Reply 7929
Original post by aneziri20
I have two offers for economics (I'm still waiting on the other 3) one from Lancaster and one from Exeter. Just wondering which one is better?

I'd pick Exeter
Original post by Tateco
I'd pick Exeter

That's what I was thinking of choosing, but apparently Lancaster's management school is well respected, and quite good.
Reply 7931
Original post by Jsalgado
Falo sim, mas vivou em Genebra. I applied to exeter (38 4hl math 5 sl english), durham (rejected, don't know why-have 42 predicted and surpassed all the minimum requirements (maybe my PS wasn't good enough, idk...)) and i am waiting for LSE, UCL and Warwick to answer. Boa sorte com st andrews

Obrigado. I also have a 42 predicted. Really want to get into St.Andrews after the Oxford rejection. Good luck with LSE and UCL they must be tough to get into, but you have a good predicted so you should be fine.
Reply 7932
Original post by aneziri20

Personally I'd prefer Exeter :smile:
Reply 7933
Original post by jamiepango
Bristol offered me AA in Maths and Economics :biggrin:

Yes, the only way to truly decide is to visit. Bristol sent invitations for open days a while back, I think my one's coming up but I can't remember when :colondollar: Do you know if they're compulsory?

I got an offer from Bristol too:smile:Economics
Holy ****
Offer from Nottingham for Economics and International Economics (L160)
AAA

They must have loved my personal statement, as my GCSE's were mediocre and I had a D in one of my AS's.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by dsinghdahiya257
Holy Sh*T
AAA

They must have loved my personal statement, as my GCSE's were mediocre and I had a D in one of my AS's.

Well done man! :h:
Reply 7936
I have two AAB offers from Exeter and York, which one would you guys prefer?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7937
Holy Sh*T
AAA

Well done! :biggrin:
Original post by -Illmatic-
Well done man! :h:

Thanks

Original post by Tateco
Well done! :biggrin:

Thanks. You know from the PM's how much I wanted this. :smile:
Reply 7939
Thanks

Thanks. You know from the PM's how much I wanted this. :smile:

Yes pleased to hear this, admissions tutors do have souls after all :wink: