The Student Room Group

Funniest Thing You've Been Told Off For

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Me and two friends thought it would be a good idea to eat a couple of extra hot chilli's in a science class. We were literally crying and so much pain, the teacher was laughing but she did still have to tell us off! :biggrin:
Reply 421
This isn't about me or any student, but an IT teacher at our school got arrested and sacked for assaulting a student.

There was another occasion involving an IT teacher. He was telling some kid off in the corridor and my friend was filming it. The kid ended up slapping the glasses off the teacher's face. Needless to say, that video spread quite quickly through the school.
I got an after school detention when I was on holiday, bit of a surprise to come back to...Bastard still made me go.
Reply 423
Original post by Bezaberry
I got an after school detention when I was on holiday, bit of a surprise to come back to...Bastard still made me go.

what you got a detention for going on holiday?
I got told off for raising my hand to answer a question. Not fun for me as I had know idea what I had done wrong.
Original post by hbk4894
what you got a detention for going on holiday?

No, got it whilst I was on holiday.
Reply 426
Original post by Bezaberry
No, got it whilst I was on holiday.

arlight
Reply 427
Got told off for sneezing too loud. :blushing:
I am a teacher but I know of someone who got told off for sexual harassment because he moved his chair two inches closer to the teacher at some file check shizzle. I remember in my schooling days in Sri Lanka for getting told off for slapping my friend when he was calling me something very rude in tamil which I would not like to repeat.
Swinging a tampon in my friends face. x.x
Well, I'm pretty awful at experiments in chemistry and I have been told off for melting a plastic pipette thing to the side of a beaker, burning through the rubber lead of a bunsen burner, exploding a test tube, breaking a thermometer, pouring acid on someone's hand and so on. I just let my partner do everything now :P

The funniest thing though is this crazy teacher with a Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde personality went out of thw room and we all started going 'MMMMMMMM' really loud and she walked back in, laughed hysterically and they flipped out and was like 'YOU SHOULD BE WORKING! YOU'RE ALL IN DETENTION FOR THIS STUPIDity'. She was a nutter, honestly.
Reply 431
Not funny but...
During PE, I somehow managed to injure my finger badly. It was all swollen by the end of lunch and I thought I'd go to sick bay after I'd signed in, cause my form teacher was a real bitch stickler for punctuality.
So I went in and sat down. Now my eyesight had been getting steadily worse since year 9 (I was in year 10 at the time of the incident) and I was waiting for my new glasses to be made, my form teacher also had a way of hiding behind her desk so I couldn't see her anyway.
In pain I said to myself, "Oh, hurry up Miss Cecil!"
Then she jumped up and suddenly started screaming in my face, "How DARE you say that! GET OUT OF MY SIGHT NOW!"
So I shuffled out of class and stood there in shame, bear in mind that I'm a goody two shoes and no teacher had spoken to me like that before. Ever.
Then she came out and lectured me furiously as if I'd skived or something, then she stormed off. So I made my way to sick bay and got to go home on the basis of emotional trauma :wink:
This same teacher found three more opportunities to scream at me during year 10 and actually caused me to call childline too; luckily she left within the year but man...she really changed my perception of teachers...
Reply 432
bump
Fiddling with plastic when I wasn't.

Eating a chocolate that the teacher had just given me for winning some quiz thing.

Both by the same French teacher.

Correcting my (native) German teacher's grammar.
Reply 434
Original post by TheatreLovely
Fiddling with plastic when I wasn't.

Eating a chocolate that the teacher had just given me for winning some quiz thing.

Both by the same French teacher.

Correcting my (native) German teacher's grammar.

sounds harsh
Reply 435
Not me personally, but at high school, if girls wore a skirt, they got in trouble for wearing tights because they were seen as a fashion accessory!!!!!!! not funny, but wierd.

My AS psychology teacher is a bit exasperated at the moment. I'm doing A2 biology and I'm finishing the working psychology in half the time as the rest of people and she's running out of stuff to give me :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
for not shining my boots correctly whilst on parade :facepalm: [went to a school with a military tradition] got made to clean out the CCF shed in the easter holidays so might have borrowed a few odds and ends from there :colone:
an after school detention for demonstrating my ability to swear in french, in a french lesson.
i was sitting in the corridor before a lesson and a teacher tripped over my feet, whilst getting yelled at for apparently 'deliberatly' tripping her up i might have said if she'd of looked where she was going it wouldnt of happened .. got put on report for that :colone:
going fishing instead of doing rugby
ahhh so many many fun things to choose from :rolleyes:
Getting told off in AS Law for giving the wrong answer. The teacher then had to apologise because I was right and she was wrong...
Reply 438
A guy in my class got a Friday Detention foe putting a fluffy pen behind his ear! The teacher was in a really bad mood that day...
On a seperate occasion with a different teacher, another guy was told off in Home Economics for making supernoodles as part of a practical xD Now that was hilarious!!

I don't have very many funny stories though, I was told off for normal things. I will contribute this though;
My GCSE Spanish teacher hated me with a vengeance, I never did any work for her at all and in every class test I did really badly because I just didn't want to work for her. At some point during the day she would tell me what a horrible student I was, how bad I was at Spanish, how I was doomed to fail my GCSE and how I was never going to accomplish anything in life.
At this point I should point out that I actually loved Spanish, and I was actually quite good at it when I put in effort (ie for exams, my marks were always highest in the class then she went even more mental because she was ragin I didn't make that much effort during the year!)
So long story short, she went on maternity leave for the 2nd year of my GCSE. We got an amazing replacement teacher and I began to like the subject again. When my GCSE results came back it turns out I got an A* for Spanish!
So... when I went back into school for my interview (to get back into school to do A Levels) I bumped into my Spanish teacher in the corridor. She sheepishly looked at me and congratulated me for doing so well in my exam. One of the top marks in the class and all :smile: That 15 second conversation was the single greatest moment of my life, seeing the old bag swallow her words and congratulate me. Proper epic!:biggrin:

And as you will notice from my sig, I actually study French and Spanish at uni now. If I had listened to her/let her ruin my confidence like she was doing/if she hadn't have went off on maternity leave, my life might have been completely different. Funny how things work out! :smile:

... Why the negs??
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 439
i got sent to the head teachers office for pointing at someone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending