The Student Room Group

***Official 2012 Neuroscience Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
Hi All!

I was wondering if anybody has heard from Oxford about an interview for the MSc in Neuroscience? One of the course directors said the would let people know by Friday evening at the latest but I haven't heard anything. Pretty anxious right now!
Original post by mrcheeky
o.O You can do MSci even before getting a BSc?

MSci is 4 years, BSc is 3 years.
Reply 642
Original post by ctopher
Hi All!

I was wondering if anybody has heard from Oxford about an interview for the MSc in Neuroscience? One of the course directors said the would let people know by Friday evening at the latest but I haven't heard anything. Pretty anxious right now!

Hi!

They sent me an e-mail on the 26th saying that they wanted to interview me.
Reply 643
Original post by SeverinK
Hi!

They sent me an e-mail on the 26th saying that they wanted to interview me.

Oh :frown:

Thanks for letting me know!
Reply 644
Just got a neuroscience offer from Edinburgh XD
Has anyone else because I need help with the 'Ease' access Edinburgh applicants have?
Reply 645
Original post by Nick526
Just got a neuroscience offer from Edinburgh XD
Has anyone else because I need help with the 'Ease' access Edinburgh applicants have?

I haven't heard back from Edinburgh yet, but I've used the Ease thing - what is it you need help with?
Reply 646
Went to the Sussex admissions day on Saturday and it was much better than i expected. It's my lowest offer but I may put it as my first choice depending on whether Leeds or Nottingham wow me. The seaside factor played a huge role.

Woo Sussex :biggrin:
Reply 647
Original post by corpuscallosum
MSci is 4 years, BSc is 3 years.

Ohhh my gawd!! Thought I couldn't do it until I get my BSc so I totally left it out of consideration. What's the main difference man, other than the number of course years. What am I missing out on?
Reply 648
Still no word from Bristol? Not just me being silently shunned by the university? :/ I'd really quite like an offer...
;D
I've still not heard anything off bristol :frown: , Has anyone heard anything off UOB?
Original post by mrcheeky
Ohhh my gawd!! Thought I couldn't do it until I get my BSc so I totally left it out of consideration. What's the main difference man, other than the number of course years. What am I missing out on?

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/undergraduate-study/degrees/ugprogs/UMSANASNEU05

Also, Bristol is starting to annoy me. I want to apply for accommodation already!
Reply 651
Original post by Superzootman
I've still not heard anything off bristol :frown: , Has anyone heard anything off UOB?

They should be giving them out after the open days. Have you been on an open day?
Reply 652
Hey, I'm just curios to know where can Neuroscience take you? What career paths does it open up for you? Is it possible to go into medicine with it [ I would think graduate entry?] Why do you all want to do Neuroscience?
Hey,im kind of new to all this but just thought i'd sign up now. I have applied for Neuroscience at KCL,Leeds,Bristol,Manchester and Cardiff. Had an offer of AAB from KCL and an offer of AB from leeds.Still waiting on Cardiff and Bristol though,is anyone in the same boat?
Original post by Jolyon_Jones
Hey,im kind of new to all this but just thought i'd sign up now. I have applied for Neuroscience at KCL,Leeds,Bristol,Manchester and Cardiff. Had an offer of AAB from KCL and an offer of AB from leeds.Still waiting on Cardiff and Bristol though,is anyone in the same boat?

Still waiting on Cardiff.

They told me they'd be replying in early January, but... obviously not.
Original post by Lortis
Hey, I'm just curios to know where can Neuroscience take you? What career paths does it open up for you? Is it possible to go into medicine with it [ I would think graduate entry?] Why do you all want to do Neuroscience?

Yes it is possible to go into medicine.

http://www.fbs.leeds.ac.uk/admissions/neuroscience/index.php If you click on the 'careers' heading you can get some ideas as to what people go on to do with their degree.
Unconditional from Manchester, awesome day to. Definitely my choice, though if UCL give me an offer I just don't know.
OMG my biggest fear. I just got an email from UCL saying they didn't receive my questionnaire that I sent back on 24th November !!! I was so afraid of that happening :frown: Good thing i saved it on my computer.
Hey guys!! Im a first year doing neuroscience at Nottingham!
feel free to quote me to ask me any questions about it!
Reply 659
Just because you're the only people I know who'll appreciate this...
Has anyone else noticed that the cerebrospinal fluid looks like a little alien driving his ship?

If you ignore the fact his head is attached to his ship... He even has little arms!
Anyway....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending