The Student Room Group

MA in Publishing at UCL - HELP!

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys i got a conditional offer from UCL to take IELTS prior to the start of the program on September, i would like to ask if a accept the offer and later on decide to withdraw it (mainely for personal - family reasons) do i get a penalty or something like that?
Reply 361
What kind of penalty? A visit of a hooligan crew? :wink:
Reply 362
Original post by jansenkoh
How high are the rejection rates for MSc Econs anyway? Anyone has any idea?

Think high... :frown:
What i mean is that i can accept and i can withdraw later i guess?
Reply 364
Hi guys,

I applied to UCL like two weeks ago and received an email few days ago saying that they recently changed their application and I basically have to re-submit the application plus so much more documentation needed.
anyone got that?

Thanks
Original post by billy_fleg
What i mean is that i can accept and i can withdraw later i guess?

Unless they ask for a deposit, in which case they keep the deposit, there is nothing else they can do.
Reply 366
My application status changed today from "Application Complete" to "Currently being processed by Admissions." Does this mean I should be getting a decision soon?
Original post by achpolicy

Original post by achpolicy
My application status changed today from "Application Complete" to "Currently being processed by Admissions." Does this mean I should be getting a decision soon?

Yes, I got mine the next morning, actually. Some people got it two days later. Check Portico first, because they do not email you until later.
My application still says application complete, but my potential supervisor told me that he knows it's being processed by the department right now. So I guess they are not very punctuate with updating the statuses. So have hope people, even if you are stuck in "application complete" for what seems like a million years.
Reply 369
I am planning to submit my application for the International Masters in Economy, State and Society (IMESS) course soon. Is there anyone else applying for it? And I was wondering if a knowledge of an East European language was mandatory for acceptance. Any ideas?
My second referee finally uploaded his reference today, three months after I submitted my application.
Now the real wait begins....
Original post by Scout-
I am planning to submit my application for the International Masters in Economy, State and Society (IMESS) course soon. Is there anyone else applying for it? And I was wondering if a knowledge of an East European language was mandatory for acceptance. Any ideas?

hm...if it is mandatory, they should state it in their requirements. But my experience is that foreign languages are mandatory for certain PhDs only. They don't tend to demand a language from a masters student
Original post by Diplomat28
My second referee finally uploaded his reference today, three months after I submitted my application.

3 months?????:eek: did you remind him to do it, or did he suddenly wake up three months later and think "oh yeah, let's do that"

3 months!!! I would have died!
Reply 373
Original post by gardeniasandbooks
Yes, I got mine the next morning, actually. Some people got it two days later. Check Portico first, because they do not email you until later.

My status changed this morning to being considered by department.

I submitted my application on 12th december but my second referee didn't submit his reference til 12th january, which was only 18 days ago!!! that was when my status changed to "application complete".

This makes me very worried if I am due an offer soon that it will be a rejection :frown:
Reply 374
Original post by chevron33

Original post by chevron33
My status changed this morning to being considered by department.

I submitted my application on 12th december but my second referee didn't submit his reference til 12th january, which was only 18 days ago!!! that was when my status changed to "application complete".

This makes me very worried if I am due an offer soon that it will be a rejection :frown:

Hey.. I have received an offer from UCL & I'll tell you, when you see that the status is "being considered by the department" you will be getting a decision within 1-2 days ..!! This also means that the concerned departmental faculty has made his/her decision about your place.
I had received an email from the departmental personnel confirming that my application was successful. This was 2 days before I received the unconditional offer.
And about the 18 days gap between your referee's, don't lose your sleep over it mate!! as this dosen't matter to them. My second referee took 10 days too. I don't know why they do so?? Maybe to have their importance felt. I dunno :P
Best of luck to you hombre. Hope we meet there :smile:
Reply 375

3 MONTHS???????? Goddamn ..!! Any particular reason for that to happen?
I bugged my 2nd ref so much that he did it in 10 days :P
Reply 376
Original post by Xristina

My application still says application complete, but my potential supervisor told me that he knows it's being processed by the department right now. So I guess they are not very punctuate with updating the statuses. So have hope people, even if you are stuck in "application complete" for what seems like a million years.

Your application will say "application complete" when it is with the concerned department. When those guys have made their decision, your application will be in a state "Being considered by the department". Apparently they aren't that promt in making updates to your application. Best of luck ..!! :smile:
Original post by 88naik
3 MONTHS???????? Goddamn ..!! Any particular reason for that to happen?
I bugged my 2nd ref so much that he did it in 10 days :P

No particular reason, as far as I know. It didn't help that December and January are summer school holiday months in Brazil, but he could definitely had done it earlier.
Anyway, now he did so let's hope for the best!:smile:
Reply 378

hm...if it is mandatory, they should state it in their requirements. But my experience is that foreign languages are mandatory for certain PhDs only. They don't tend to demand a language from a masters student

Thanks. I'll take my chances then and apply for it. I suppose I'll have to learn one anyway if I join a course like that.
Reply 379
I got an email inviting me to open day. What does this mean? No mention of an offer...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending