Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

The Charity thread Watch

    • Thread Starter

    Not seen one of these properly here. I can't be the only one that works in this sector?

    I personally work in homeless hostels and support drug users, alcoholics, homeless, mental health, young homeless with independent living, support, housing, benefits, employment, and averting people from committing offences.

    I'm looking to do an NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social care, anyone know how much this costs? I can't get it for free because of my degree unfortunately but its holding me back from applying for £25k+ jobs. Google has resulted in **** all.
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

    You should contact your local college and ask them, or look on their website. It will depend on whether you do full/part time as well.

    i'm suprised your employer is not supporting you to do this qualification, as the vastest majority of people with NVQs in Direct Care have done them while an employee of a relevant organisation.

    Where do you work at? I do Economics at Brunel and am graduating this year. Got a 5 month work exp lined up afterwards, but don't know what to do after that as my grades are quite bad :/ But I really want to get into humanitarian aid and the non-profit sector
Would you shell out for travel insurance?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.