The Student Room Group

MA in Publishing at UCL - HELP!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chevron33

This makes me very worried if I am due an offer soon that it will be a rejection :frown:

I don't think the departments necessarily send out rejections faster than acceptances. Some departments just work through applications faster than others. :smile:
Reply 381
Original post by achpolicy
I got an email inviting me to open day. What does this mean? No mention of an offer...

i think they send it to everyone tt applies. Which country are u residing in?
Reply 382
Original post by jansenkoh
i think they send it to everyone tt applies. Which country are u residing in?

I had not heard from anyone in this discussion board about what it means, so I called UCL this morning to find out. Someone in the graduate department informed me that the invitation to open day was sent to people who received offers, and that my formal offer would be sent. She explained that open day is just a day for admitted students to have a chance to visit the university, meet professors, and learn more about the programme.

I am in the U.S. by the way.
Reply 383
I had not heard from anyone in this discussion board about what it means, so I called UCL this morning to find out. Someone in the graduate department informed me that the invitation to open day was sent to people who received offers, and that my formal offer would be sent. She explained that open day is just a day for admitted students to have a chance to visit the university, meet professors, and learn more about the programme.

Hmmm..i'm not so sure about the receiving offers part..cos i got it too..n it explicitly says:

"Please note that this correspondence does not constitute an offer of study at UCL. Students who have not received a decision on their application yet will be informed through UCAS in due course."
Reply 384
Original post by jansenkoh
Hmmm..i'm not so sure about the receiving offers part..cos i got it too..n it explicitly says:

"Please note that this correspondence does not constitute an offer of study at UCL. Students who have not received a decision on their application yet will be informed through UCAS in due course."

We received different emails, because that section you quoted was not anywhere in my email. What program did you apply for?
Reply 385
Original post by 88naik

Original post by 88naik
Hey.. I have received an offer from UCL & I'll tell you, when you see that the status is "being considered by the department" you will be getting a decision within 1-2 days ..!! This also means that the concerned departmental faculty has made his/her decision about your place.
I had received an email from the departmental personnel confirming that my application was successful. This was 2 days before I received the unconditional offer.
And about the 18 days gap between your referee's, don't lose your sleep over it mate!! as this dosen't matter to them. My second referee took 10 days too. I don't know why they do so?? Maybe to have their importance felt. I dunno :P
Best of luck to you hombre. Hope we meet there :smile:

You were right! I got my unconditional offer this morning to study MSc Security Studies!!!!!! So happy ahhhhhhh!!!!! And only 19 days after my application was "complete". so i hope that gives some hope to people who only submitted recently! :smile:
Reply 386

You were right! I got my unconditional offer this morning to study MSc Security Studies!!!!!! So happy ahhhhhhh!!!!! And only 19 days after my application was "complete". so i hope that gives some hope to people who only submitted recently! :smile:

Thats great mate..!! :smile: Big time congrats..!! where are you from? what are you gonna study there? I am from India & in for an MSc in Information Security.
Reply 387
We received different emails, because that section you quoted was not anywhere in my email. What program did you apply for?

I applied for MSc Econs..n they r taking ages to reply! haha
Hello mates,

Count me in! I also got an offer for Msc in Information Security at UCL.

Hope to meet you guys there!:smile:
Just received a conditional offer to study MSC European Public Policy
Reply 390
Did anyone apply to Human Computer Interaction and received an email saying they have recently changed their application process and thus need to submit the application again?
Reply 391
Original post by CommWarrior

Original post by CommWarrior
Hello mates,

Count me in! I also got an offer for Msc in Information Security at UCL.

Hope to meet you guys there!:smile:

Hey .. thats great news mate :smile: Congrats :smile:
Where are you from in India? I'm from Mumbai.
Perhaps we could share an accomodation there..
There are tons of possibilities... :smile:

Get in touch with me quick -> Find me on FB -> Rahul Naik, Mumbai. My DP is a QR code (Real nerdy aye? :P)
Reply 392
Original post by olleh88

Original post by olleh88
Did anyone apply to Human Computer Interaction and received an email saying they have recently changed their application process and thus need to submit the application again?

Whoa..!! really? Did you get such an email? Ask them the reason for doing this. Get in touch with Andrew Marriott. He's the Postgraduate Administrator for UCL Department of Computer Science.
Reply 393
Original post by 88naik
Whoa..!! really? Did you get such an email? Ask them the reason for doing this. Get in touch with Andrew Marriott. He's the Postgraduate Administrator for UCL Department of Computer Science.

yea.. I emailed program administrator who emailed me saying that I want to withdraw my application. it is ridiculous isn't it..
Hi all!

Received an offer for MA Human Rights a few weeks ago! Also received the email about the open day...it's a good idea but would mean taking an important day off uni, so still unsure whether to sign up...

*Waves to fellow American*
I received an offer but haven't received an email like that. Not that I'd be able to attend the Open Day anyway since I probably won't have time off from school and all, but still.

Congrats to everyone who just received offers! :smile:
Hope to see all of you there in the Fall! :smile:
Just received an offer for Msc. International Planning at the Bartlett, so excited! No email though, so don't count on them :smile:.
Reply 397
Original post by gardeniasandbooks
*Waves to fellow American*
I received an offer but haven't received an email like that. Not that I'd be able to attend the Open Day anyway since I probably won't have time off from school and all, but still.

Congrats to everyone who just received offers! :smile:
Hope to see all of you there in the Fall! :smile:

How did they send your offer? Did you receive an email? Or snail mail? Congrats!
Conditional offer from UCL for a PhD in Classics (condition is just that I obtain my master's lol)
I worry a bit though cause I need to accept the offer within 4 weeks. Problem is of course that in the end actually going will depend on the funding (and to be honest, if I was lucky enough to have a funded offer from Oxford, I would probably go there). Would it be too horrible of me if I accepted the offer, so that I will be considered for funding, and then decided based on the outcome for funding?
Reply 399
Original post by cocobubbles

Original post by cocobubbles
Hi all!

Received an offer for MA Human Rights a few weeks ago! Also received the email about the open day...it's a good idea but would mean taking an important day off uni, so still unsure whether to sign up...

Hey I got an offer for the Human Rights Course and need to take an important day off work for the open day so not sure what to do. I'm wondering if there will be another one, might give them a call to see.

Whats your undergrad in ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending