The Student Room Group

TSR Top Gear Society

Scroll to see replies

What do others think about the india episode? I thought the humour was quite mild by top gear's standards but it seems that it hasn't gone down too well in india lol
COUNT ME IN!!!!!

I'll be in the female minority but this show is AWESOME!
I live on DAVE when it is off BBC 2, just for my fix.
Got two Top Gear box sets for christmas, and the Top Gear Christmas book.
BEST PRESENTS ...... IN THE WORLD!

<3 x
(edited 12 years ago)
Hello!

New series of Top Gear starting tonight at 8pm, BBC2 (as usual) :dance:

New series. Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May put three supercars through their paces in Italy. Their weapons of choice are the 691bhp Lamborghini Aventador, McLaren's hi-tech MP4-12C, and a British brute in the form of the Noble M600. The journey begins at Nardo, a high-speed testing ground so vast it can be seen from space, and includes a nerve-racking drive in Rome before reaching its conclusion with a timed challenge against the Stig at the Imola circuit. The trio also look forward to some of 2012's most exciting cars and are joined by a celebrity guest who takes the wheel of the Reasonably Priced Car

If you want to watch the trailer: http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2012/01/16/trailer-top-gear-tv-series-18is-back/
Original post by The Stig
Hello!

New series of Top Gear starting tonight at 8pm, BBC2 (as usual) :dance:

If you want to watch the trailer: http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2012/01/16/trailer-top-gear-tv-series-18is-back/

I have a feeling this is going to be one of the best seasons yet, purely because of the supercars that have come out last year. The trailer looks awe-some.
That lamborghini is sex on wheels :sogood:
FIrst episode felt a bit rushed and awkward. Nice piece on Imola though.
Missed this episode :frown: Bloody uni work
Original post by The_master616

The part where they talked to the cars was kinda cheesy, a bit too hollywood.

Also the news bit where they talk about driving in a sleeping bag and whilst sewing wtff I don't even...

But who cares when you had those 3 supercars! Can't wait for the yellow Merc AMG 65 Black they showed in the trailer.
Fantastic episode.

I think I'd have the Lambo over the others. The McLaren just doesn't do anything for me. I saw one on the road last week. It has a nice noise but otherwise it's fairly dull. Has little road presence and for a super it looks very ordinary and conservative.
Fantastic episode.

I think I'd have the Lambo over the others. The McLaren just doesn't do anything for me. I saw one on the road last week. It has a nice noise but otherwise it's fairly dull. Has little road presence and for a super it looks very ordinary and conservative.

The McLaren was :sogood: Especially in the tunnel. :coma:

The Noble looked like it had been driven into a wall. Stupid looking flat front.

Will dot I dot am dot (:awesome:) was a bit boring though.
Lambo :coma:
The sound coming out of the Aventador... :sexface: My word it was beautiful!
Original post by The_master616

bloody hell, I thought it was just me that noticed, I wish this episode was shown later on the series.

the san marino blast was just brilliant, can't believe they managed to get another Noble out that quickly, fuel cost must have been ridiculous
Reply 1893
Original post by clad in armour
bloody hell, I thought it was just me that noticed, I wish this episode was shown later on the series.

the san marino blast was just brilliant, can't believe they managed to get another Noble out that quickly, fuel cost must have been ridiculous

For the exposure Top Gear can bring a relatively unknown car manufacturer, I'm not surprised that Noble bent over backwards to get the car out there.
Anybody else recognisw the bloke in the vintage something (Rolls?) shouting ''Come on you bugger'' as Brian Johnson of ACDC? Or is my metal addled mind just making me see things?
anyone else getting a bit bored of the 'pick 3 cars and go on a road trip' format? Just seems to be the same thing over and over
Reply 1896
Jezza for Priminister!! lol
Original post by biffyclyro27
anyone else getting a bit bored of the 'pick 3 cars and go on a road trip' format? Just seems to be the same thing over and over

This is because we've had a Christmas special which was them choosing three cars and now the first episode has been another challenge. I think it'll be back to the usual next week: One big review with Clarkson on the track, a couple of small reviews, news, guest etc
This is because we've had a Christmas special which was them choosing three cars and now the first episode has been another challenge. I think it'll be back to the usual next week: One big review with Clarkson on the track, a couple of small reviews, news, guest etc

yeah, I understand that it won't be like this all the time. Don't get me wrong, I think the specials are usually really funny... but it would be good just to do something a little different
Original post by biffyclyro27

I love that format. If they have one or two of those a season it makes it interesting. I find it enjoyable when them 3 fight with each other over ridiculously trivial things.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending