The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BethanW
Most of the student housing contracts in Norwich will actually start in July. So, you could go in halls normally, hopefully meet your future housemates over the corse of the year, get your 2nd year house together and then you could move straight in at the start of July. I think there was 2 week gap between my accommodation ending and my house contract starting which isn't that long, but if you really can't go home I'm sure you could apply for summer accommodation for two weeks on personal grounds.

Ahh cheers for that :smile: Good to know! My parents live 4 hours away from Norwich so it'd be more a pain-in-the-butt RE moving things than simply putting up with them for two weeks haha. Pleased I don't have to miss out on halls though...
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by Spence_LJS
Yeah. I think moving back when I'm 25 would not be fun, plus I'd have to leave whatever part-time job I hope to get in Norwich. Hmm... Anyway. Thinking too far ahead now - should probably just get on the course first :wink:

That's probably a good start. Make sure you get on the course!

Besides don'rt worry about summer accommodation. Our standard conrtracts are 38 weeks but we always offer rooms in the summer to current students if they need them. We just ask you to apply for them seperately once you are already in (usually in about Easter time).
Original post by jelly1000
Thats crap, especially as the hobs are so slow to cook on- took me half an hour to cook pasta on one the other day! And thats interesting that it isn't just our microwave that smokes (we just have the one). What hall are you in? And I assume you've already been down to the Accomodation Office- I'd personally march down there and say look its ridiculous its been two weeks.

Original post by Heyyouthere
Im in Britten and yeah we have one dodgy hob that doesn't get as warm as the others and you usually have to flick the hob switch on and off a few times whilst cooking as it sometimes just randomly goes off. A few of us have been down to the accommodation office, i'm going to go down again tomorrow and ask what's going on.

Come down and see us in the office if you are having problems. We'll try to get someone out to help you with the maintenance jobs you have there. If you can give us as much detail as possible about what's happening it helps when we call out the repair guys.

I've been away for a couple of weeks and haven't been looking at this forum. Sorry I haven't replied sooner.
Original post by makingamemory
Can I ask why our flat has a random big freezer in the middle of our kitchen plugged in? LOL It's conveniently placed right near all the cupboards/the sink.

There's no note or anything and the manual/ice cube tray etc. was just left on top of it.
It's just confused us all as our freezer at the moment works perfectly fine...although there are only 5 compartments between the 8 of us.

No idea! Where do you live?
Original post by UEAAccommodation
That's probably a good start. Make sure you get on the course!

Besides don'rt worry about summer accommodation. Our standard conrtracts are 38 weeks but we always offer rooms in the summer to current students if they need them. We just ask you to apply for them seperately once you are already in (usually in about Easter time).

Ah that's good to hear - thanks for your reply!
No idea! Where do you live?

Courtyard A but it's okay after the weekend they surprised us at 8am whilst a flatmate and I were having breakfast and told us they were swapping the freezers around and just switched it on so it could be at the right temperature for the swap over, after the weekend.
Can I just say a big thank you if any of you voted in the What Uni awards for UEA (and in particular for the accommodation!).

The 2011 results have just come out and not only is the UEA top University overall in them but we are also top for the Accommodation and the Student Union categories too.

Thank you!
Reply 2767
Can I just say a big thank you if any of you voted in the What Uni awards for UEA (and in particular for the accommodation!).

The 2011 results have just come out and not only is the UEA top University overall in them but we are also top for the Accommodation and the Student Union categories too.

Thank you!

Awesome! :smile:
I live within the 12 mile radius from the UEA and have just recieved a conditional offer to study nursing, I know I cannot be certain to recieve accommodation but how likely is it that I could get it?
Original post by hannielou
I live within the 12 mile radius from the UEA and have just recieved a conditional offer to study nursing, I know I cannot be certain to recieve accommodation but how likely is it that I could get it?

Hannah! Is that you? xx

Very very unlikely and would advise you to make other plans.

UEA was massively oversubscribed for accommodation last year (to the extent that clearing students were denied accommodation, even if they lived 100 miles away) so it makes sense that you probably won't get uni accommodation. Sorry!

Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
Very very unlikely and would advise you to make other plans.

UEA was massively oversubscribed for accommodation last year (to the extent that clearing students were denied accommodation, even if they lived 100 miles away) so it makes sense that you probably won't get uni accommodation. Sorry!

What Baby Boom says is right about last year. We have been incredibly full due to the numbers of new students who wanted to come to UEA this year and can't guarantee everyone. Having said that we have never guranteed rooms to clearing or students from within a 12 mile radius of the UEA so it wasn't a new thing for this September.

We do try to help as many students as possible though and in most years (including this one) students who live within 12 miles have been offered a room within the first few weeks of the first term of Uni if they have applied for one.

This is because a few places often come available within the first weeks (people not turning up/deciding uni is not for them etc).

There is really no harm in applying but we just can't guarantee you a place in halls. Put an application in when the form goes live on the website later in the month and we can keep you on a waiting list in case a room comes up.
Original post by Samanthaaaaa
Hannah! Is that you? xx

It is! :biggrin: xx
Any help with accommodation at UEA would help!
thanks!
Original post by katwall1
Any help with accommodation at UEA would help!
thanks!

what sort of question do you have? there is a good UEA accomodation guide just above this which should answer most questions. if there is still something you want to ask after reading that feel free to.
Just thought I would let you all know that the application form for accommodation for this September (2012-13 entry) is now live on the UEA website. There's no rush to fill it in though, we don't allocate rooms on a first come first served basis so it makes no difference if you fill it in today or later in the year before your arrival, you will have the same chance of getting your first choice of room.

To fill the form out you will need your name, email address, UEA application number and date of birth. When you get to the application form just click on "first time user account creation" and away you go.

One tip I can give you is that you don't, if at all possible, use a hotmail email account. We sometimes have troubles with sending things to hotmail and this could affect your application. If you normally use hotmail I would recommend that you set up another free email account from a different company.
Just thought I would let you all know that the application form for accommodation for this September (2012-13 entry) is now live on the UEA website. There's no rush to fill it in though, we don't allocate rooms on a first come first served basis so it makes no difference if you fill it in today or later in the year before your arrival, you will have the same chance of getting your first choice of room.

To fill the form out you will need your name, email address, UEA application number and date of birth. When you get to the application form just click on "first time user account creation" and away you go.

One tip I can give you is that you don't, if at all possible, use a hotmail email account. We sometimes have troubles with sending things to hotmail and this could affect your application. If you normally use hotmail I would recommend that you set up another free email account from a different company.

Hiyaa. Literally just firmed UEA 15 minutes ago (woot woot). I need to get all my accommodation stuff sorted asap because I hopefully go travelling in april and want it out of the way before march when I have to start stressing about sensible walking shoes and stuff.

I was just wondering when/where I would find out my application number, because I tried to input one from an e-mail I got from UEA but it said that it was unrecognized...so...not really sure what to do...
Original post by chavalis
Hiyaa. Literally just firmed UEA 15 minutes ago (woot woot). I need to get all my accommodation stuff sorted asap because I hopefully go travelling in april and want it out of the way before march when I have to start stressing about sensible walking shoes and stuff.

I was just wondering when/where I would find out my application number, because I tried to input one from an e-mail I got from UEA but it said that it was unrecognized...so...not really sure what to do...

If you only just confirmed your offer with us your number won't be active yet (you are probably trying to use the right one if it is on a letter from us). Wait a couple of days and try again. It takes a while for the info to filter through the various systems here.

Oh, thanks and congratulations for choosing such a great University for your firm choice!
(edited 12 years ago)
They never sort that sort of thing out due to sometimes, depending on the number of UG's and PG's with regards to them applying for specific accommodation. They allocate the UG places first but have PG places as back ups. This is what I assume anyways.
Original post by GaryPowers
They never sort that sort of thing out due to sometimes, depending on the number of UG's and PG's with regards to them applying for specific accommodation. They allocate the UG places first but have PG places as back ups. This is what I assume anyways.

Not sure I understand what you mean. Are you asking how we allocate the rooms?

Latest

Trending

Trending