The Student Room Group

Edexcel Geog Unit 3 Pre-release

Scroll to see replies

Original post by winningjojo
Who else did energy and water??

I did both of those! I didn't think they were too bad, I'd been planning to write on Superpowers but I really didn't like the look of the 15 mark question on BRICS.

How did you find it? I really wasn't sure about the biofuels bit on Energy, I really didn't know anything about it :/
Who else did energy and water??

I did!

And yes, the energy diagram I was like wtffff... :confused:

Although i think once I got my head round it I was okay...

I have to say it was an exceptionally odd exam though - things were worded very differently to past exams, and the diagrams were brutal :mad:
I ****ed this exam up

Questions were horrible

Water part b was awful

Scandinavia questions were too samey weird an hard

I ran out of time

Hello summer resit
Original post by jdthemagicman

Original post by jdthemagicman
Right but realistically an enormous element of ecological footprint is carbon emisisons..so discussing the three schemes feasibility in countries and how it could reduce emissions vs things such as visual pollutio nand taking up land ( contributing to ecological footprint) surely couldn't have been too far off?

no - you're right its all to do with the right thing just how you had written previous comment sounded like you hadn't been specific and gone off all about global warming etc and forgot about the eco footprint and plus you needed to say something about global warming for the synoptic links because that was about the only one for that Q aside tenuous links to energy and biodiversity.
Original post by Sadsnail

Original post by Sadsnail
I ****ed this exam up

Questions were horrible

Water part b was awful

Scandinavia questions were too samey weird an hard

I ran out of time

Hello summer resit

agree on the water part b but it was easily blaggable if you took a min to think simple rather than for specific key players.

agree on the water part b but it was easily blaggable if you took a min to think simple rather than for specific key players.

Oh I did case studies and players looool but I don't know wahhh
Original post by flying_ifan

Original post by flying_ifan
I did!

And yes, the energy diagram I was like wtffff... :confused:

Although i think once I got my head round it I was okay...

I have to say it was an exceptionally odd exam though - things were worded very differently to past exams, and the diagrams were brutal :mad:

The diagrams were awful - spent 5 min staring at the energy one but was the same once you got the idea of what the resource was on about and the first idea for the 15markers everything seemed to flow and there was something to write -- whether its right or not is a different matter!! lol. :/
Original post by BethHopkins

I did both of those! I didn't think they were too bad, I'd been planning to write on Superpowers but I really didn't like the look of the 15 mark question on BRICS.

How did you find it? I really wasn't sure about the biofuels bit on Energy, I really didn't know anything about it :/

I kept general for that and spoke more detailed on the other ones.... i planned to do water and energy then saw the superpower Q and was kicking myself i hadn't revised it because with a bit of rev I would have done that Q fairly well. They weren't tooo bad once you got the initial ideas going -- what did you say about the Q that was asking for political and economic impacts on energy pathways??
So what type of answers did people put for 6c ?
Reply 149
Really didn't feel great about the whole thing, I did biodiversity and development.. what a mistake.
I kept general for that and spoke more detailed on the other ones.... i planned to do water and energy then saw the superpower Q and was kicking myself i hadn't revised it because with a bit of rev I would have done that Q fairly well. They weren't tooo bad once you got the initial ideas going -- what did you say about the Q that was asking for political and economic impacts on energy pathways??

I'd revised all the wrong parts of Superpowers for that question D: Yeah, It could have been worse but it also could have been better. I wrote about Russia and cutting off gas to the Ukraine and piracy in the Strait of Malacca, I didn't really have any other case studies though. What about you?
How did you find the resource for the water? I didn't really differentiate between Sub Sahara in urban areas and rural ones, but apart from that I didn't think it was as awful as everyone else was saying.

I'd revised all the wrong parts of Superpowers for that question D: Yeah, It could have been worse but it also could have been better. I wrote about Russia and cutting off gas to the Ukraine and piracy in the Strait of Malacca, I didn't really have any other case studies though. What about you?
How did you find the resource for the water? I didn't really differentiate between Sub Sahara in urban areas and rural ones, but apart from that I didn't think it was as awful as everyone else was saying.

yeah i used those case studies too for the energy pathways :smile: i did make some differentiation though it was half way through my answer when i noticed the difference!! yeah felt like it went complete rubbish just after i did it - but in hindsight it could have been a whole lot worse......
yeah i used those case studies too for the energy pathways :smile: i did make some differentiation though it was half way through my answer when i noticed the difference!! yeah felt like it went complete rubbish just after i did it - but in hindsight it could have been a whole lot worse......

mmmm yeah, it could have been, I'm hoping my section A will make up for my section B. I really didn't like the Scandinavia stuff.

Yeah I mentioned Ukraines cutting off gas, then talked a bit about Threatening ukraine if it allowed nato in, and basically declaring an area of the artic under russian sovereign rule.

for china, mentioned a bit of the future as a south -south trading ( e.g. investment in africa) whilst us may become less powerful. talked about potential alternatives e.g. more TNCS move to china but evaluated that brics growth may be temporary ...

mmmm yeah, it could have been, I'm hoping my section A will make up for my section B. I really didn't like the Scandinavia stuff.

I think my scandinavia was ok but that was just because teacher had predicted really similar Q's for us to practise so I had something to say.. if you combine my energy part A with my water part B then you have a pretty good answer but think I did average 'ok' all the way through - would be nice to get a pleasant surprise in March though. :biggrin:
I think my scandinavia was ok but that was just because teacher had predicted really similar Q's for us to practise so I had something to say.. if you combine my energy part A with my water part B then you have a pretty good answer but think I did average 'ok' all the way through - would be nice to get a pleasant surprise in March though. :biggrin:

So what type of stuff did you say for scandanavia part b and C?

Yeah, good luck! What are you hoping for?

Yeah, good luck! What are you hoping for?

I ideally want an A but if i get a B i'll be happy. I'm only in year 12 so have got plenty time to retake if needed. U?
I ideally want an A but if i get a B i'll be happy. I'm only in year 12 so have got plenty time to retake if needed. U?

I need an A for my course, but I can always retake in June if I don't get one, obviously I'd rather not, but it wouldn't be so bad :smile:
I need an A for my course, but I can always retake in June if I don't get one, obviously I'd rather not, but it wouldn't be so bad :smile:

Out of all the exams I have ever taken- this is the one exam I would not like to retake.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending