The Student Room Group

Cambridge Chemistry Challenge

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CM23925
For this stage you must read the concentration of Capsaicin in ppm from the graph (must first log10 the 500000 SHU and then doing 10^(y-value)) then convert ppm to moldm-3

I've been doing that, but I realised that when I converted, I divided by 100 instead of 1000. :tongue: Thank you! :biggrin:
Yay! I solved them all a while ago, woooo. :biggrin: Thanks CM23925 for that tip. :smile: YAY When I solved Roengentium, I felt so silly because I realised how obvious it was. :P YAY
Reply 142
lol me and my friend was trying to figure out that last one but it just made no sence. what would you do to a chemist but not a boy from 1945???
all we could think was like, autopsy or somthing.....

can somebody post the answer to rontigenum tommorow? (im getting hooked on this challange it pretty good, but in yr 13 so feel like im cheating a little.... :P ) and how they got to it..... i just cant do riddles haha
the answer was Haber :smile:
can anyone else not get onto the website?!
so frustrating :s-smilie:
I#m on it and have been on gold for half an hour. ARGH
Reply 146
im still on silver haha
If anyone gets past gold, please hint!!!!
Reply 148
Original post by loopy786
If anyone gets past gold, please hint!!!!

hint for silver? :P
cant work out what type of cell it is
Original post by Cookies!

It was something beginning with E, and there were several scientists on the case, fairly recent.

Hurry then you can return the favour with gold because I'm having a blonde moment. Even though I'm Asian and have dark hair. :P
I'm crying inside. Been on gold for an hour now. :frown:
Reply 152

Hurry then you can return the favour with gold because I'm having a blonde moment. Even though I'm Asian and have dark hair. :P

Yeah, I thought it was Erythromycin but obviously not :P
still cant get it :/
must be because its so late at night/early in the morning
But yes, once I get there and if you haven't got it (which you probably will have by the time of the morning) I will :smile:
Yeah, I thought it was Erythromycin but obviously not :P
still cant get it :/
must be because its so late at night/early in the morning
But yes, once I get there and if you haven't got it (which you probably will have by the time of the morning) I will :smile:

the SOMETHING Taxol total synthesis

I haven't slept a wink in days and I actually was in with a chance of being in the top 10 but I was defeated
i'm on gold too... let me know if you do it :smile:
Original post by jennywren42681
i'm on gold too... let me know if you do it :smile:

Okay. :frown:

I was just soooooo intent!!! On being the first from my school, but my friend came 27th. :biggrin: which is great, but I was so hyped up until this q. :frown:
can anyone who has done gold let me know roughly what order it is ie in the tens, hundreds, thousands etc?
Reply 157
For gold you need to find mass of sodium. See below for order:

Spoiler

Reply 158
Any help for the last one? I checked and they sent the combination for DNA... but apparently that's wrong.
I FINISHED WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Degreen, it took me a while. It's a weird hydrocarbon, like a really weird one.

Quick Reply

Latest