Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Post office delivery service

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Pop_tart
if you go to the post office/accommodation office and say you got flowers delivered I'm sure they'd be willing to make an except. It usually takes longer because they need to be sorted out but obviously with flowers they can't leave them there for too long.

thanks for repling so quickly. its actually a surprise for someone living on campus at roberts way. best scenario was it arriving right at the house or room door but thats not really possible i guess. wonder whats the next best option.
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by justoneqn
thanks for repling so quickly. its actually a surprise for someone living on campus at roberts way. best scenario was it arriving right at the house or room door but thats not really possible i guess. wonder whats the next best option.

Well most post gets delivered directly to your accommodation, everything that doesn't fit through the letterbox or everything that gets delivered by parcelforce or something alike gets dropped of at the post office on campus. They then sort it all out and send out the notes telling people to come pick it up.

If you know exactly when it's coming then just go down there and ask if you can take it with you straight away. Take your student ID and stuff! :smile: and if you got like a tracking number or something I would bring that as well.
Reply 22
Well most post gets delivered directly to your accommodation, everything that doesn't fit through the letterbox or everything that gets delivered by parcelforce or something alike gets dropped of at the post office on campus. They then sort it all out and send out the notes telling people to come pick it up.

If you know exactly when it's coming then just go down there and ask if you can take it with you straight away. Take your student ID and stuff! :smile: and if you got like a tracking number or something I would bring that as well.

So the flowers will definitely be dropped off at the post office since it can't fit through the letterbox. Haha. I know exactly when it will be arriving but I don't stay there and I would have to spoil the SURPRISE by telling the person to pick up the flowers from the post office. Totally different from it arriving at the door. You know what I mean? Haha. But I guess thats the way its got to be.
Reply 23
Original post by justoneqn
So the flowers will definitely be dropped off at the post office since it can't fit through the letterbox. Haha. I know exactly when it will be arriving but I don't stay there and I would have to spoil the SURPRISE by telling the person to pick up the flowers from the post office. Totally different from it arriving at the door. You know what I mean? Haha. But I guess thats the way its got to be.

Yes absolutely, unless it's like super secure and god knows what then they sometimes make you pick it up from the post office in hatfield town centre but on College Lane everything gets usually dropped off at the campus post office :smile:

I have never heard of anyone getting flowers delivered so in the end i don't know for sure but what I can say is that it is unlikely that they will take the time to bring at the door so i would count on having to pick it up at the post office.
Reply 24
Yes absolutely, unless it's like super secure and god knows what then they sometimes make you pick it up from the post office in hatfield town centre but on College Lane everything gets usually dropped off at the campus post office :smile:

I have never heard of anyone getting flowers delivered so in the end i don't know for sure but what I can say is that it is unlikely that they will take the time to bring at the door so i would count on having to pick it up at the post office.

alright then. will just see how it goes. thanks so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending