The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mashman9
I applied 2 hours before the deadline for MS, got to AC. Just saying

Me too. Same for JPM. Have they rejected people yet at MS? Was it an email?
Original post by Michael XYZ
How do you even know that? :confused:

Well I have 2 ACs so far - had one with BarCap and an upcoming one with ICAP.

In general, how many ACs/interviews do decent candidates get? I dunno, maybe my assumption of what is a normal amount to receive is unrealistic. I just assumed that if you were decent enough then you'd get to interview stage for most of them.

You have something called a search history. I looked at your threads started and you talk about doing maths a year early and considering applying to those 4 universities.

Obviously it depends; how do you define a decent candidate etc? I know people who got 5 or 6 offers last year; i know other good people (economics at a target etc) who got nothing. I would say that if you got to AC for BarCap and your competencies/CV for that were similar to your CL/CV for the other banks, then maybe it isn't a big problem in your writing style or CV layout, and maybe you just weren't good enough (didn't have a wow factor for example)/were unlucky. What's happened has happened though; all you can do is learn from it and add more to your CV in order to get a better set of applications for summer internships as you can always improve. Spring weeks are over-rated in my opinion; you'd be surprised how many people i met at ACs and interviews who hadn't done spring weeks. Just get your CL and CV checked for writing style, layout etc (a lot of it is how you say things that looks good; something crap can be made to look good) and add some more to your CV etc.

Just my thoughts anyway.
Sure, thanks.

Well, I don't know, I'm assuming that if BarCap thought I was okay for an AC then that there's nothing really wrong with my application and that after that it's just down to luck/a "wow" factor as you put it.
Original post by Michael XYZ
Sure, thanks.

Well, I don't know, I'm assuming that if BarCap thought I was okay for an AC then that there's nothing really wrong with my application and that after that it's just down to luck/a "wow" factor as you put it.

Or you might have written weak cover letters, and BarCap was just competency questions whereas every other bank (minus UBS) is a cover letter. Maybe worth looking at too.

Either way, good luck with the BarCap AC.
I havent heard from gs for IBD - should I now expect a rejection?
Reply 3765
Original post by course101
I havent heard from gs for IBD - should I now expect a rejection?

yes
Reply 3766
Don't be afraid - I haven't made it into the next stage at no bank. But I've got two internships safe, one at Deutsche and one at a MM M&A Boutique.

There are always ways to get some cool internships.
Reply 3767
Original post by jevira
Don't be afraid - I haven't made it into the next stage at no bank. But I've got two internships safe, one at Deutsche and one at a MM M&A Boutique.

There are always ways to get some cool internships.

how do you have deutsche?
Reply 3768
Original post by eco1234

http://www.deutschepost.de
Original post by janmad
yes

pric
LAWL, only just got the Nomura "all positions have been filled" email. I have no idea what is going on anymore...
Original post by janmad
yes

not if they don't fill up their spaces with this week's interviews
Reply 3772
Original post by eco1234

they rejected me for spring week but considered my app for another area, interviewed me and handed out an offer.

no. www.db.com :smile:
Original post by jevira
they rejected me for spring week but considered my app for another area, interviewed me and handed out an offer.

no. www.db.com :smile:

congrats! Thats great. do you mind me asking which dept?/job you have?
Original post by Doughnuts!!
LAWL, only just got the Nomura "all positions have been filled" email. I have no idea what is going on anymore...

Ditto.

So that just means they didn't even look at our application? Great.
Original post by Doughnuts!!

same i didnt even get to do a test :s-smilie:
Reply 3776
Original post by keynesismyhomeboy
congrats! Thats great. do you mind me asking which dept?/job you have?

thx.

it's product management for capital market products.
Reply 3777
Original post by jevira
thx.

it's product management for capital market products.

cool well done! is that in the UK?

Also the other internship you got is it in London? how did you get it, through cold calling? and is it paid if you dont mind me asking?
Reply 3778
Original post by eco1234
cool well done! is that in the UK?

Also the other internship you got is it in London? how did you get it, through cold calling? and is it paid if you dont mind me asking?

No, both are in germany, and both are paid. The M&A one is even two and a half times better paid than the internship at DB lol. got the m&a one through a cold email. then a phone interview with 3 bankers, some days later the offer.
Anyone not heard from MS yet?

Latest

Trending

Trending