The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3840
-------
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3841
How long did your GS interview's last? mine went well but only lasted 20 minutes... Not quite sure whether that's good or bad!
Original post by mazeltof
How long did your GS interview's last? mine went well but only lasted 20 minutes... Not quite sure whether that's good or bad!

That usually isn't a good sign. Do you feel you did well?
Reply 3843
Original post by i_hate_teeth

Yeah! answered all questions fine with a good conversational flow, weird though! time will tell...
Original post by woods.vanessa
Was it all competency based or were there weird questions? I understand if you don't want to share info!

It was pretty much a chat comprised of questions based on my CV with a few competency Qs that had to be asked. There were a few technical questions but he asked me if I knew anything relating to their general concepts before he dove.in.

Just nice? Not great?

It went pretty well but I don't want to sound arrogant\cocky.

Clearly not a dilemma you have. :rolleyes:

you don't know much about the interview process do you?
Reply 3846
Original post by Doughnuts!!
It was pretty much a chat comprised of questions based on my CV with a few competency Qs that had to be asked. There were a few technical questions but he asked me if I knew anything relating to their general concepts before he dove.in.

What division did you apply to?
Original post by keynesismyhomeboy
you don't know much about the interview process do you?

Usually it's better if an interview overruns. I was just talking to someone who converted a goldman spring week last yr and his interview was 40 mins long.
Original post by Doughnuts!!

Oh ok that sounds alot less scary than I expected :biggrin: but I guess it will be more intense in the next round. Good luck hope you make it through and thanks!
I havent heard anyhting from goldman sachs, really worried!!
Original post by woods.vanessa
Oh ok that sounds alot less scary than I expected :biggrin: but I guess it will be more intense in the next round. Good luck hope you make it through and thanks!

Next round?

Also what division did you apply for? I also have my interview tomorrow, best of luck :smile:
Reply 3851
Original post by jack_the_ripper
I havent heard anyhting from goldman sachs, really worried!!

Neither, I think it's probably because they know how good I am already without needing an interview? Expecting to just see a straight offer in the post in the next few days.

Joking aside, my app still says received. I'm not even mad.
Usually it's better if an interview overruns. I was just talking to someone who converted a goldman spring week last yr and his interview was 40 mins long.

Surely that would go by the assumption that there is one person that interviews every single candidate?

I'd imagine that some interviewers don't care much about time, whilst others like to stick quite rigidly to it.

For example, I had two interviews and one the woman wasn't too bothered and we talked for the allocated 30 minutes whilst the other woman checked her phone to check the time often. That was purely because they were a little behind due to whatever reasons.
Original post by devilisthebeets
It is indeed Nomura. Yeah, now I really hope the other applicants get offers from spring weeks that overlap and they like better! :biggrin:

hey i'm on wait list too :P guess I'll have to eliminate you too then :P
Reply 3854

Disagree.

My phone interview should have last 2.5h, but actually it was over after 1.5h. Offer after 2 days.
What are others putting for the JP's "Interesting one-line fact"???
Reply 3856

one of my barcap ac interviews was 15min and i got offer so shut your ****ing mouth
LOL I said 'usually'. I also asked how she thought it went because that is more important than the length of time spent in the interview. Some of you really need to calm down.
Reply 3858
Original post by applications

you should put im a dick
Original post by applications

Not sure yet. I'm waiting to hear back from GS before i accept jpm.

Latest

Trending

Trending