The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laughylolly
Yeah, I visited in September. It was really nice, I loved the sports facilities too. Visiting again end of this month for the department post application open day.

Sweet!

Yeah, I'm trying to bulk up a bit more so it wouldn't be a bad thing!

The girl that took me round thought they might not charge an annual fee for anything like that, including the olympic pool etc because of increased fees :biggrin:
Original post by Jorgeyy
Sweet!

Yeah, I'm trying to bulk up a bit more so it wouldn't be a bad thing!

The girl that took me round thought they might not charge an annual fee for anything like that, including the olympic pool etc because of increased fees :biggrin:

Oh that be good if it was free other wise I think it's like around 200 pounds or something for a student annual membership? I have a family friend who is in her third year at bath and she says everyone joins in first year and you'll always see people you know in the gym and stuff because of that. I like how it's competitive too yet if you aren't so good at a sport but still wanna try it out/play it you can as there's lots of teams.
Original post by laughylolly
Oh that be good if it was free other wise I think it's like around 200 pounds or something for a student annual membership? I have a family friend who is in her third year at bath and she says everyone joins in first year and you'll always see people you know in the gym and stuff because of that. I like how it's competitive too yet if you aren't so good at a sport but still wanna try it out/play it you can as there's lots of teams.

Agreed.

What are the chances of you firming it? I probably will if LSE don't give me an offer :rolleyes:
Original post by Jorgeyy
Agreed.

What are the chances of you firming it? I probably will if LSE don't give me an offer :rolleyes:

It's probably going to be my insurance. Durham gave me an offer and I might firm that but I'll see how I do in my prelim exams and then decide.
Original post by deejayy
Imperial offer!

A*A*A and a 2 in step II/III

congratulations! may i ask when did u send your Ucas?
Original post by Reminisce
A*Aa from Imperial :smile:

BTW, any LSE and A* in Maths achieved already people? PM or quote me, I gotta ask you guys something...

congratulations! may i know when did u send your ucas?
Original post by dom bradbury
Not sure I could be assed to visit Durham if they ever got round to giving me an offer (or not), it's so far away!

That's pretty much what I'm thinking :smile:
Reply 4727
Original post by dnumberwang
Think I'll give the Bristol visit day a miss cos I'd have to spend over 6 hours on a train :dontknow: I am pretty sure that I'll stick with UCL as insurance (despite their weird accommodation policy)

Almost all people get accommodation in the end (ie. before the start of term) at UCL. I managed to jib into an intercollegiate hall ~10 days before the start of term, for example, and I know a few others who managed to get in UCL only residences as well.

All irrelevant, mind, as you'll meet your Oxford offer fairly comfortably from what I've seen on here.
Original post by dom bradbury
The food was awesome! You get a £4.50 voucher for the canteen, and they had pie and chips for only £2 of it! Couldn't ask for more really.

... and food is very important to Dom!
Offers so far from UClan, Herriot Watt & Liverpool :smile:
Still waiting to hear from Lancaster & Chester.
Anyone heard from Bristol yet? Sent my application on the 7th of October, and still haven't heard anything yet!
Original post by Refrigerator
wait I thought Imperial didn't do STEP?

I think Imperial never require STEP, but if you're taking it for elsewhere, they sometimes ask for a grade.
Original post by Refrigerator
wait I thought Imperial didn't do STEP?

Original post by ian.slater
I think Imperial never require STEP, but if you're taking it for elsewhere, they sometimes ask for a grade.

Unofficially they don't ask for STEP but in reality they do. I'm yet to find someone (bar TSR) that has got an offer without a ridiculous STEP grade.
Reply 4733
GCSEs: CCCCCB
Predicted A Levels: A*AB
Applied to do MMath at: Durham, Bath, Nottingham, Birmingham and a Bsc at Leeds.

Applied on the 13th Jan so don't expect many replies yet! Nottingham have given me a conditional A*AB offer though :smile:
Original post by jilebinator
Unofficially they don't ask for STEP but in reality they do. I'm yet to find someone (bar TSR) that has got an offer without a ridiculous STEP grade.

I have no step in my offer. Not even an option
Original post by TheMagicMan

Bar TSR.
Original post by TheMagicMan

^I second this^

I even mentioned it in my personal statement...
Original post by jilebinator
Bar TSR.

Where else are you expecting a large group of Imperial offer holders to be? :p:
Original post by Farhan.Hanif93
Where else are you expecting a large group of Imperial offer holders to be? :p:

I spoken to a lot of offer holders from imperial on my many trips to open days :smile:

I also spoke to imperial on the phone when i was deciding where to apply, they said that there is a good chance they would include step if they were to give me an offer.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4739
Original post by ben-smith
^I second this^

I even mentioned it in my personal statement...

Did you put it down as an exam you were going to take in june?

In the qualifications bit.

Latest