The Student Room Group

Lips go dry when talking to girls :S

When I talk to girls at school, my lips get dry quickly and I end up licking them to make them less dry/more moist
I really don't like using vaseline or any other products. Just don't.

Is there anything that can make my lips less dry?
I don't feel shy/anxious when I'm talking to a girl, they are human :lol: it's just that my lips go dry and it's annoying. I don't think I'm over-complicating anything :s-smilie:

With guys, no problem. I usally talk to guys and girls in a 50:50 ratio, so....
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
When I talk to girls at school, my lips get dry quickly and I end up licking them to make them less dry/more moist
I really don't like using vaseline or any other products. Just don't.

Is there anything that can make my lips less dry?
I don't feel shy/anxious when I'm talking to a girl, they are human :lol: it's just that my lips go dry and it's annoying. I don't think I'm over-complicating anything :s-smilie:

With guys, no problem. I usally talk to guys and girls in a 50:50 ratio, so....

yea....just stop talking to girls..
Reply 2
Original post by catjaum
yea....just stop talking to girls..

I can't just cut them out :rolleyes:

They are my mates you know....
Reply 3
Tell the girls you're talking to about this problem. They may take pity on you and lick your lips. Long shot though.
Reply 4
Original post by James'
Tell the girls you're talking to about this problem. They may take pity on you and lick your lips. Long shot though.

:rofl: if i had the balls too, sure :thumbsup:
Reply 5
I can't just cut them out :rolleyes:

They are my mates you know....

well obviously you want them to be more then mates....hence why your lips go dry.....
Reply 6
Err... water?
Reply 7
Original post by CJKay
Err... water?

So you suggest I put water on my lips whilst talking to a girl?
I'll think about it :colonhash:
Reply 8
So you suggest I put water on my lips whilst talking to a girl?
I'll think about it :colonhash:

Well there is nothing you can do while talking, I thought it was obvious any suggestions were going to have to be before you talk to her, unless you're going to awkwardly apply lypsyl during a conversation as well.
Reply 9
Licking your lips will make your lips more dry, as the saliva will take the moisture from your lips.

Try your hardest to kick the habit of licking your lips, and use something that isn't petroleum based (vaseline is one) for your lips.

Just use a chapstick or lipbalm, since these two are not messy and are easy to apply during the day when you need to. And if your friends ask why you're using lipbalm on your lips, just tell them the truth, that your lips get very dry when you talk to them (it might sound silly when/if you do, but they won't care that much about it).
Reply 10
My lips also go dry whenever i see my boyfriend.why does this really happen??
Reply 11
My lips too get dry over time whenever I see a girl :|

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending