C3
M1
S2
S1
C2/FP1
D1
C1

Can't comment on D2

To me, C4 was harder than M2, but M3 was harder than FP2. Doing FP3 now, perhaps the hardest module? Well, excluding M5 maybe, which I can't judge.
Original post by dsinghdahiya257
As quite a lot of you do FM, some even to A2, could someone tell me how difficult/challenging FP1 is? On the same level as C3? And what about C4, is it much harder than C3? I'm with Edexcel btw. Thanks.

i think easy as C1, much more interesting though...
Reply 7984
Original post by Tomatochuckers
From hardest to easiest IMO

FP2
M2
S3
C4
C3
M1
S2
S1
C2/FP1
D1
C1

Can't comment on D2

No way is S1 and M1 as hard as FP1 :P, the concepts are so easy! (but I am on a different exam boards to all of you :colondollar:)
Original post by Tateco
No way is S1 and M1 as hard as FP1 :P, the concepts are so easy! (but I am on a different exam boards to all of you :colondollar:)

I've done all of them, and I've found M1 a nightmare, and it took me a long time to get my head around permutations, and conditional probablities :colondollar:

This is just my opinion, so others may disagree :smile:
I've done all of them, and I've found M1 a nightmare, and it took me a long time to get my head around permutations, and conditional probablities :colondollar:

M1 a nightmare? I had to do M3. :s-smilie:
Reply 7987
Original post by -Illmatic-
FP1 is harder than C1 but not as hard as C2 I'd say.

I think FP1 is slightly harder than C2 but much easier than C3/4
Reply 7988

M1 is pretty straightforward, but if you don't have the physics mindset then it'd probably be more difficult.:wink:
Original post by ahklee77
M1 is pretty straightforward, but if you don't have the physics mindset then it'd probably be more difficult.:wink:

Nah I didn't do physics :frown: Wish I had tbh
Original post by alex_hk90
M1 a nightmare? I had to do M3. :s-smilie:

:zomg: :yucky: :shock: :nooo:
Reply 7991
Could any future Economist applicants help me with a question or two?

How might have inflation affected these three people: (Assuming inflation increased and income stayed the same)

1. A UK Techno geek who was 16 in 1989, and who loves everything from computers to mobile phones to cars.

2. A Brazilian food shopper in the early 1990's
(edited 12 years ago)
:zomg: :yucky: :shock: :nooo:

I'm doing M3 in June :cool:
Original post by Paulson
Could any future Economist applicants help me with a question or two?

How might have inflation affected these three people:

1. A UK Techno geek who was 16 in 1989, and who loves everything from computers to mobile phones to cars.

2. A Brazilian food shopper in the early 1990's

1. has a good chance of making young money cash money. (look at all the booms; apple, nokia, audi, microsoft, oracle, ibm, more sustainble)
2. has less chance of making young money cash money. (brazilian crisis around 1999 devaluation of the real, inflation causes prices go up UNSUSTAINABLE)

you could honestly write volumes
Original post by WalkerPrince
Wow! Further congrats, they've know got to the post Oxbridge applicants, eh? :o:o

There might not be any order that they sort these things in, so there's no point speculating I guess. You've applied right? Wish you the best of luck! :biggrin:
Original post by jamiepango
There might not be any order that they sort these things in, so there's no point speculating I guess. You've applied right? Wish you the best of luck! :biggrin:

That's true, yes I have. Still waiting. :smile:
Reply 7996
Original post by tans8701

Original post by tans8701
1. has a good chance of making young money cash money. (look at all the booms; apple, nokia, audi, microsoft, oracle, ibm, more sustainble)
2. has less chance of making young money cash money. (brazilian crisis around 1999 devaluation of the real, inflation causes prices go up UNSUSTAINABLE)

you could honestly write volumes

This is what I wrote:

1. The UK ‘techno-geek’ would have had a good chance receiving a high income due to the techno boom in the 1980's which provided a new technology for consumers. These new products (computers/mobile phones) began spreading into global markets, causing a huge rise in demand for products which some consumers have never seen before. This demand, global costs of production, and the new age of technology led to some of these products being high in sale price, causing cost push inflation.

2. Due to inflation increasing at a rapid rate, both consumers and retailers behaved in different ways towards the market as it was unpredictable. With prices going up each day consumers found it difficult to keep up with changing prices, they had little idea on what price was a good price for a specific product whether it was expensive or a bargain. Due to food being an essential item for the human body consumers may have had to spend a greater percentage of their income on food as it would continue to have the same demand due to it being a good that is needed rather than it being a luxury good. This meant that for the average consumer food shopping was particularly tough as food became a huge percentage of one’s income. The period of when hyper-inflation occurred would have been very unsustainable.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Paulson
Any chance you could write me a short paragraph on each of the two? :smile:

Don't think anyone else will be willing to write you paragraphs for your homework. He has given you some useful information there as a starting point do a bit of research....
Original post by Scorcher
Don't think anyone else will be willing to write you paragraphs for your homework. He has given you some useful information there as a starting point do a bit of research....

ok only for 1 though

breifly
a techno geek has a lot of opportunities, the US was just emerging after the early 80's SnP crisis and after a period a high inflation the economy had pretty much stabilized.
as businesses and economies usually follow a cycle the US was growing and boomed during the mid/late 90's nicely synchronizing with this guys age, the boom meant competition was high thus keeping inflation relatively low, and the fact the boom was in his interests it give him good chance to be innovative.
you can analyze links such inflation and interest rate, how it would affect competition, business opportunities at diff phases in econ cycle.

for the brazil guy i mean he would have seen the cost of his food increase considerably thus affecting him severly. untill i think it became pegged to the dollar around the late 90's and that was what enivitably kept inflation level, until then his cost what increase and profit decrease in real terms from year to year, he would have seen severe fluctuation as the currency itself was weak, the economy is not globally to significant making it more vunerable to external factors, although export goes up does it mean more profit in real terms year to year? (think about that) all that kind of sh1t mate.
any americans out there?? how good exactly is UC berkerley, especially with a major in economics? ( I am primarily concerned about prestige and job opportunities) Is duke / Upenn liberal arts but probably major in econ better or LSE economics? I would also appreciate it ifvanyone who knows a good site/ place that i can find such information!!

Latest

Trending

Trending