The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by popsiclee67
well, wasn't chemistry just lovely? ... haha

Original post by jcb123
My Chemistry was awful! :frown:... retake in June for sure

Awww... I'm sure you've both done alright. :smile:
You worked hard for it, and hard work doesn't go unrewarded.
Original post by Ally312
Awww... I'm sure you've both done alright. :smile:
You worked hard for it, and hard work doesn't go unrewarded.

Yeah it was much much better than before to be fair, didn't have a break down afterwards or cry in the middle this time haha! just a couple of odd questions but i finished early :| that's probably more unsettling!
Original post by popsiclee67
Yeah it was much much better than before to be fair, didn't have a break down afterwards or cry in the middle this time haha! just a couple of odd questions but i finished early :| that's probably more unsettling!

Maybe it's because you were more confident this time? But I hope it all goes well for you come March :smile: x
Original post by TheStudent.

did you try google?

Thanks,

Google lead me to this thread.
Original post by Ascendansy
Thanks,

Google lead me to this thread.

Welcome!

Do feel free to go back and read some of the pages before. There are a lot of answers in there to questions you might not have thought of yet :smile:

Are you thinking of applying? I've completed the BM6 and gone onto BM5 so do feel free to ask any questions you can't find the answers to and I'll see if I/we can help.
Original post by BethaneyJ
Welcome!

Do feel free to go back and read some of the pages before. There are a lot of answers in there to questions you might not have thought of yet :smile:

Are you thinking of applying? I've completed the BM6 and gone onto BM5 so do feel free to ask any questions you can't find the answers to and I'll see if I/we can help.

Thank you!

And yes. I am currently in a health related degree (first year) and I've been planning on entering a post grad medicine course afterwards but something tells me I may be 'burnt-out' on the completion of my degree. I've been contemplating applying to BM6 (would have to be for 13-14 year?), but again, I remain unsure. I am also wary of my age (19) and time's ticking by.
i think f325 went really well even though there were some weird questions... hope i get a good grade and the same for everyone else!
Thank you!

And yes. I am currently in a health related degree (first year) and I've been planning on entering a post grad medicine course afterwards but something tells me I may be 'burnt-out' on the completion of my degree. I've been contemplating applying to BM6 (would have to be for 13-14 year?), but again, I remain unsure. I am also wary of my age (19) and time's ticking by.

You won't be eligible I am afraid. Graduate applicants are not accepted into BM6 as it is widening access. Time is not ticking by at all. I am 23 and in my first year of BM5. There are 30/40 year olds in the class.

You can apply to BM4 which is Soton's post-grad programme and more info can be found here. You'll need an upper 2nd class honours in any subject, a pass in A level chemistry or in chemistry and biology/human biology at AS level and C's at the core GCSE subjects.

Good luck with your studies and I hope you find your route into medicine and I am sorry that it unfortunately isn't here!
Reply 1628
Have they stopped/ already given out all the interviews?
Reply 1629
Original post by mashalli

Original post by mashalli
Have they stopped/ already given out all the interviews?

I wouldn't have thought so, seeing as they continue through until mid-March
The interviews are still going ahead the last ones i'm aware of are on the 28th of March. I had about 2 weeks notice for mine, I would assume this is similar for all candidates.
Original post by BethaneyJ
You won't be eligible I am afraid. Graduate applicants are not accepted into BM6 as it is widening access. Time is not ticking by at all. I am 23 and in my first year of BM5. There are 30/40 year olds in the class.

You can apply to BM4 which is Soton's post-grad programme and more info can be found here. You'll need an upper 2nd class honours in any subject, a pass in A level chemistry or in chemistry and biology/human biology at AS level and C's at the core GCSE subjects.

Good luck with your studies and I hope you find your route into medicine and I am sorry that it unfortunately isn't here!

Ah, my apologies if I wasn't clear but I meant that I was considering leaving my current course. :tongue:

And thanks again for your detailed post!
Ah, my apologies if I wasn't clear but I meant that I was considering leaving my current course. :tongue:

And thanks again for your detailed post!

Okay. I'd still check with BM6. And you will probably be questioned on it at interview as Medicine is a long course. If you do bm6 as well it's 6 years. In fact:

Stay on your course
graduate in 13/14
apply to graduate courses
4 year grad course
qualify in 17/18

Vs

switch
Leave current course
apply for entry to 13/14 BM6
over 20 applicants per place so it's tough
get a place
6 years of med school
qualify in 19/20

The BM6 year is nice. Quite a heavy coursework load (ie there is always something to do) but as there are only lessons at most 3 days in a week it doesn't feel overwhelming but that changes in BM5 so it's not always straight going.

Not trying to put you off just making things clear about life inside! :biggrin: If someone really wants to do medicine I don't see why they shouldn't get to do it.
Hello guys, thought i'd say hello.
Been lurking for some time.

I have an interview on thr 29th of Feb. Trying not to get too excited about it! I'm feeling pretty good about it though, I had a bm6 interview last year so I know its pretty laid back.
Also Ascendansy you can apply for the BM5 as a graduate, some of the interviews I help out at are for postgraduates and mature non graduates who have been to university before. Its 5 years as opposed to the 4 years that the BM4 would be but it is another option. The students opting for the route told me that personally they prefered it especially with the competitiveness of the BM4 programs to get a place.

And also congratulations Carl_senior :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by carl_senior
Hello guys, thought i'd say hello.
Been lurking for some time.

I have an interview on thr 29th of Feb. Trying not to get too excited about it! I'm feeling pretty good about it though, I had a bm6 interview last year so I know its pretty laid back.

gimmie a shout closer to the time and I'll come down...

I remember you from last year's thread
Anybody else have an interview on the 29th?
Original post by infernalcradle
gimmie a shout closer to the time and I'll come down...

I remember you from last year's thread

I was a pretty dedicated member of last years thread. I remember you too, but you were lucky (jammy) enough to get an unconditional! haha

I haven't had the confirmation email yet so no idea what time-ish the interview will be. Would be nice to put a face to the name!
Reply 1638
Original post by carl_senior
I was a pretty dedicated member of last years thread. I remember you too, but you were lucky (jammy) enough to get an unconditional! haha

I haven't had the confirmation email yet so no idea what time-ish the interview will be. Would be nice to put a face to the name!

Hey, did they call you by any chance?
Original post by Medican
Hey, did they call you by any chance?

They did indeed. The lady on the phone said they would also confirm via email.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending