The Student Room Group

Girls: How many of you wear thongs to parties/clubs/nights out?

Poll

Girls: How many of you wear thongs to parties/clubs/nights out?

i was watching that program on Channel 4 called Bouncers and it got me wondering. i have noticed that at parties, clubs and general nights out, whenever girls flashes her underwear (99% of the time accidentally), they're almost always is wearing a thong. or you can sometimes tell from the outline on her skirt. even the girls who you think are not as slutty!

anywho, i was interested to know how many girls here wear thongs to parties, clubs or general nights out? i have added a poll. please answer the option which suits you best and if you want to discuss anything further in the thread, you are more than welcome!:tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Slightly perverted. But I aint complaining....
Reply 2
Original post by modini
Slightly perverted. But I aint complaining....

lack of posts and poll answers :/ im sure it will pick up soon.
Thongs are not slutty, people wear them for a number of reasons. Some people find them comfier, others do it when wearing tight fitting skirts/trousers/leggings so the outline of your underwear doesn't show, some people do it because they make them feel good.

Just because thongs cover a little less than normal underwear, that doesn't make people who wear them slutty.
Only on TSR
Reply 5
Original post by aimlessinwonder
Thongs are not slutty, people wear them for a number of reasons. Some people find them comfier, others do it when wearing tight fitting skirts/trousers/leggings so the outline of your underwear doesn't show, some people do it because they make them feel good.

Just because thongs cover a little less than normal underwear, that doesn't make people who wear them slutty.

no no, i agree with you!:tongue: they arent slutty! sorry if i implied they were:redface:
Reply 6
not necessarily a thong, but i make sure i'm wearing nice underwear. not because i'm a massive slut who likes to get her ladybits out for all the world to see; it just makes you feel better when you've got pretty underwear on!
Reply 7
Original post by sammy-lou
not necessarily a thong, but i make sure i'm wearing nice underwear. not because i'm a massive slut who likes to get her ladybits out for all the world to see; it just makes you feel better when you've got pretty underwear on!

mightn't it also be useful to wear a thong in case you do have sex that night and you'd rather have a guy see nice underwear instead of boring underwear?:tongue:
Reply 8
Sometimes. I've got some really comfy ones that I will wear any day.
Don't see how its slutty, its not like she's necessarily flashing her underwear, and even if she is I don't see how flashing any other kind of underwear is less slutty.
Reply 10
I wear them during the day under normal clothes. I don't see why people say they're uncomfortable!
I have party pants! That sounds awful... But I have a couple of pairs that I keep special, they're not thongs... but they're nice ones.
Reply 12
I wear them pretty permanently. They're comfier.

It's just a type of pant. I remember I went on holiday with my friends, and one girl walked into my room whilst I was getting changed and called me a slut for wearing a black thong. No embellishment, just a black, cotton thong.

I'm really skinny, so I often find boy shorts and such don't hug me tight and get all twisted up under jeans and such meaning I'm not comfy...
I wear them purely because you really don't want a VPL and if you want to wear anything tight or fitted around the bum (and few things aren't) then underwear options are limited.
They are uncomfortable if you have quite a muscular backside, because it grips above the butt cheeks and when you sit down it's like WEDGIE DEAR GOD WHY WONT YOU JUST MOVE LIKE NORMAL MATERIAL SWEET JESUS THIS HURTS -

Anyway, I am 'minority of the time.' I only wear them if I am wearing something that I don't want a Visible Panty Line on, such as tight trousers or a bodycon skirt/dress. I don't run around clubs with my skirt around my head, flashing my undies to passers-by, so this really doesn't change much, though every now and again you may see me wince as I sit down.

There you go, guys. TMI.
Original post by skunky x
I wear them pretty permanently. They're comfier.

It's just a type of pant. I remember I went on holiday with my friends, and one girl walked into my room whilst I was getting changed and called me a slut for wearing a black thong. No embellishment, just a black, cotton thong.

I'm really skinny, so I often find boy shorts and such don't hug me tight and get all twisted up under jeans and such meaning I'm not comfy...

:coma:
Wearing thongs doesn't make you slutty. I always wear them. I don't like the feeling of bigger pants. Also wear tight jeans and don't want lines.
Original post by Movember
mightn't it also be useful to wear a thong in case you do have sex that night and you'd rather have a guy see nice underwear instead of boring underwear?:tongue:

you can get nice underwear that isn't a thong, thongs are massively over rated!
Reply 18
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
:coma:

Um... Thank you?

But for all I'm skinny I could have a face like a dog's ass.

You just don't know...
Original post by skunky x
Um... Thank you?

But for all I'm skinny I could have a face like a dog's ass.

You just don't know...

Bag n' rag it.