The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chloemo14
Passed my first exam.....attended heinously few lectures (like, about 7) last term, so was content with my 64%....until it turned out the year average was 70, and over 30 people got scores above 90 :facepalm:

feeling a bit disillusioned with medical school generally. not sure if it's because the reality of actually being here is setting in, or if it's because i'm aware i do need to step up my game a lot with the amount im working, but it all just feels very flat. on top of that, our year isn't very close knit in any way, feel like i'm going to be single forever, and i'm desperately missing languages and humanities, and just blearghhhhhhhhh. first year blues maybe?

Sounds like post-honeymoon period first year blues to me! Have always felt a lack of close-knitness with my yeargroup too, far too big for that to happen. Medical school is a string of peaks and troughs to be honest, but you'll manage. Anyway you can take a languages/humanities SSC? I think I'm right in saying Bristol offer an English lit iBSc too?
I cannot wait to be graduated and free from medical school. Im sick of the bull**** and everything that goes with it. Im a retard and they should so very just deal with it!!
Original post by fairy spangles
I cannot wait to be graduated and free from medical school. Im sick of the bull**** and everything that goes with it. Im a retard and they should so very just deal with it!!

Word. I am dealing with some immense bull**** from med school atm, 11 days from a major exam and just wasting hours and hours on the blower and emailing :frown:
Original post by digitalis
Word. I am dealing with some immense bull**** from med school atm, 11 days from a major exam and just wasting hours and hours on the blower and emailing :frown:

Urgh - i feel your pain, hope they start being remotely reasonable soon! Im filling in a form right now and have so far typed in the what would you like us to do about it space - go to hell/take a long walk off a short cliff or alternatively get your head from up your ****ing arse!
And under the circumstances im being very nice and reasonable!
Reply 8784
Original post by RollerBall
Yeah, I only found out today and Brixton is sold out. Everywhere is sold out apart from Glasgow and Norwich. Going to ring up Brixton to see if there's any tickets going though on hold or anything, will let you know if I do.

Come to Glasgow! Best night out of your life. We have clubs with bouncy castles in them. (and hot tubs, but by god you do not want to get into that water).
Reply 8785
Original post by lekky
Come to Glasgow! Best night out of your life. We have clubs with bouncy castles in them. (and hot tubs, but by god you do not want to get into that water).

Lemme guess, after 10 minutes the water is glowing with all kinds of UV paint mixed in :tongue:
Original post by lekky

I've been multiple times and not experienced this... :frown:
Uh, once again my 8-5 day has arrived. Absolutely love it but bloody shattered by the end.
Original post by lekky

It's a bit of a walk. Looks like Norwich isn't happening now either as it's £45 for the return train in the morning and doesn't go down to £10 until 8am which is a bit long.

Changed my entire presentation to now be the cleaning icons on labels.
Original post by lekky

My goodness I miss the Arches.
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Uh, once again my 8-5 day has arrived. Absolutely love it but bloody shattered by the end.

Take advantage of these being your long days!
Paediatrics 8am - 9pm, plus travelling time, which i imagen only gets worse as a doctor. I cant wait to graduate then at least I will get paid for doing ridiculous amounts of hours.
Reply 8791
Original post by crazylemon
I might have to try this.
I know I don't work in scrubs....

I had a good day some off the cuff teaching and a presentation the F1 liked.
So left at half 3

I need more scrubs. I don't know where mine are, or if I still fit in them. Should've nabbed some from my last attachment.

Anyway. 1300 more words to go on the essay due at 14:00. Coffee in cup, cup on desk. Stethoscope - On. Noose - at the ready.
Original post by fairy spangles
Take advantage of these being your long days!
Paediatrics 8am - 9pm, plus travelling time, which i imagen only gets worse as a doctor. I cant wait to graduate then at least I will get paid for doing ridiculous amounts of hours.

Man I feel your pain. It's the travelling that gets me. Coming home after this 8-5 + travelling and revising till 8 is just exhausting me. I've been out of my flat twice in 5 weeks for a social event (one being my interview in Leeds). FML
P.S. what is with this sudden craze in doing homework with stethoscopes on? :s
Reply 8794
Dude, it's science. Stethoscope on = more quality work accomplished.

I'm running my own single blinded study, I don't know what the **** I'm doing.

I need sleep.
Reply 8795
Just need a cheeky little 200-300 word conclusion and I'm done. Then only 2 weeks to revise all my exam material. :h:
Reply 8796
Original post by Philosoraptor
I've been multiple times and not experienced this... :frown:

Obviously you have not been to Glasgow with the right people :wink:
Reply 8797
Original post by crazylemon
I might have to try this.
I know I don't work in scrubs....

They're too comfortable - the urge to nap in scrubs is overwhelming!

The stethoscope thing doesn't do it for me; it's all about looping "Teardrop" for hours on end!

Is anyone going to medfest? It looks pretty cool...
Original post by Tech

Is anyone going to medfest? It looks pretty cool...

Damn...I was hoping that was going to be some massive inter med school bender :frown:
Reply 8799
Original post by digitalis
Damn...I was hoping that was going to be some massive inter med school bender :frown:

Now there's a thought..! :colone:

Latest

Trending

Trending