The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by carl_senior
Taxi drivers are ace. The job is horrible but the people are nice, you get to see humanity at its best and it's worst. Just like medicine in that respect i suppose :tongue:

I went for UEA and ive been rejected both times! :angry:
I have to admit though, I fell in love with southampton when I went for my interview. I hadnt had a chance to visit beforehand because of how for away I live. (reet up north) I was shocked at how gorgeous the city is, and the campus too!

Aha niice :smile:
I got rejected as well, don't worry! Though they started discussing my questions with people waiting to go in? yeah, alright then... haha, my parents were pretty shocked at that (me? bitter? noo)
And yeah Southampton's a lovely city! Reminds me a bit of norwich :smile:
Original post by popsiclee67
Aha niice :smile:
I got rejected as well, don't worry! Though they started discussing my questions with people waiting to go in? yeah, alright then... haha, my parents were pretty shocked at that (me? bitter? noo)
And yeah Southampton's a lovely city! Reminds me a bit of norwich :smile:

They started discussing your questions with the other candidates?!!!
That's a bit of an underhand thing to do isnt it?? did you say something to them?
Reminded me of the catherine tate sketch, who dear me dear, bitter dear? no dear...

I think i was more biased towards southampton because I come from Bradford. The most derelict city in the UK. Fact. I was walking round the westQuay shopping centre like a kid in a sweet shop :biggrin:
I'm giggling away at this. I think I should share it with the thread.
The aforementioned catherine tate sketch
They started discussing your questions with the other candidates?!!!
That's a bit of an underhand thing to do isnt it?? did you say something to them?
Reminded me of the catherine tate sketch, who dear me dear, bitter dear? no dear...

I think i was more biased towards southampton because I come from Bradford. The most derelict city in the UK. Fact. I was walking round the westQuay shopping centre like a kid in a sweet shop :biggrin:

Yeah... The current students were candidly having a discussion at the table where the next group were waiting ... I said nothing, I just left haha
and oh Catherine tate, haven't seen that in a while!

And ahh right! never been, personally!
oh and bradford may be derelict, but where I live, we have this man... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-gqD3Na01U&feature=related

You cannot compete with that
oh and bradford may be derelict, but where I live, we have this man... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-gqD3Na01U&feature=related

You cannot compete with that

ohhhhh I can!!
Shipley Dancing Man

(shipley is the town where I live)

He is occasionally sighted dancing around town. He was even on BBC news!
I've got an interview for the 29th of Feb!!! :shock:
Original post by Ally312

Congrats!! Same day as me!! :biggrin:
ohhhhh I can!!
Shipley Dancing Man

(shipley is the town where I live)

He is occasionally sighted dancing around town. He was even on BBC news!

Oh my word, mental haha!

Original post by Ally312

YAY well done!! :biggrin:
Reply 1669
Original post by Ally312

Congratulations! :smile:
Original post by Besakt
Congratulations! :smile:

YAY well done!! :biggrin:

Thank you guys :smile:

If even I've managed to get one, I'm sure you will too!
Congrats!! Same day as me!! :biggrin:

Thank you! And well done to you too! Hope it all goes well for you this time! :biggrin:
Original post by Ally312
Thank you guys :smile:

If even I've managed to get one, I'm sure you will too!

Aha, don't play it down! You deserve it :smile:

Que sera sera! :biggrin:
Sod that, it's gonna frickin' snow! :biggrin:
Original post by Ally312
Thank you! And well done to you too! Hope it all goes well for you this time! :biggrin:

Thanks and same to you! Although you're now the competition... :wink: haha
Will you let me know when you get the confirmation email? I need to book flights, but cant until i know what time the interview is, and its nice to have it in writing.
Original post by a05aafzul
Sod that, it's gonna frickin' snow! :biggrin:

It's already been snowing in Norfolk for a few hours on and off! :biggrin:
Will you let me know when you get the confirmation email? I need to book flights, but cant until i know what time the interview is, and its nice to have it in writing.

Now i know shipley's upnorth, but you're flying?! woaaah :P
Reply 1677
Did they call you today?
Aha, don't play it down! You deserve it :smile:

Que sera sera! :biggrin:

Haha, Thank you :smile:

Indeed I am :wink:

And yes, course I'll let you know. :smile: They actually rang me yesterday, about 4ish, and said I would get the e-mail in a couple of hours, but I still haven't got it. :confused:
And I'm from up north too, and I need to book a train or whatever mode of transport I'm going to use to get to the other side of the country lol
Original post by mashalli
Did they call you today?

No, I was called yesterday.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending