The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lordvulture
I do want to stay in america afterwards, but I plan to do an MBA in america before looking for work if I head to LSE.

Any MBA that will accept you without at least a few years of solid experience in a good job would be a complete waste of time.
Reply 8021
LSE wait has been 3 months and a half
Original post by FDR
Offer from Nottingham!

AAA or AABB

Absolutely thrilled, especially as it was my first choice, and I was feeling quite down after getting rejected from St Andrews last night, but so happy now!

Congrats! :biggrin:
Reply 8023
Got an offer from LSE this Tuesday
(didn't have an account till today) :biggrin:
Original post by JuKaMy
Got an offer from LSE this Tuesday
(didn't have an account till today) :biggrin:

whats ur gcse/as/a2 like btw?
Reply 8025
Nothing spectacular

7A* 2A 1B, A*s in all the important ones

Subject: AS/A2
Maths: A/A* (all in first year)
Physics: A/A* (AS in year 11, A2 in year 12)
Further Math: predicted A/predicted A* (all in this, second year)
Economics: A/predicted A*
Sociology: predicted A/nothing (only taking AS in this, second year to add to my subjects which were a bit heavy on the maths)

Got the standard offer of A*AAE, so A in economics, E in Further Maths
Original post by JuKaMy
Nothing spectacular

Sociology: predicted A/nothing (only taking AS in this, second year to add to my subjects which were a bit heavy on the maths)

Wow insane grades! :tongue: How come you've done 2 A2's early? Does that mean you applied with 2A*s already?
Original post by JuKaMy
Nothing spectacular

btw congrats on your offer :colondollar:
everyone seems to do the maths, fmaths, physics and econ combination!
I think im gonna be waiting till 31st March :rolleyes:
Reply 8028
Original post by jamiepango
Wow insane grades! :tongue: How come you've done 2 A2's early? Does that mean you applied with 2A*s already?

Haha! insane? Your's can't have been too bad either if you have an offer from LSE :tongue:
Yes, applied with A* in maths and physics, and so don't need to worry about anything except FMaths and Econ this year
I reckon I covered the E in Fmaths in this Jan's exams though (hopefully :biggrin:) so just econ in the summer that is the decider
Reply 8029
Original post by funkydee
btw congrats on your offer :colondollar:
everyone seems to do the maths, fmaths, physics and econ combination!
I think im gonna be waiting till 31st March :rolleyes:

It's a great combo! The lecturer on a Warwick open day said that that is probably the best set you can do for getting into econ (he had done the same A levels at college so maybe some bias there :biggrin:), but ofcourse not going to change the result drastically versus other science + maths combos

Did you apply to LSE? If so, you shouldn't worry about the time it's taking, i was prepared to wait till march for LSE to say anything and then i got home and opened my email - what a shock
Original post by JuKaMy
It's a great combo! The lecturer on a Warwick open day said that that is probably the best set you can do for getting into econ (he had done the same A levels at college so maybe some bias there :biggrin:), but ofcourse not going to change the result drastically versus other science + maths combos

Did you apply to LSE? If so, you shouldn't worry about the time it's taking, i was prepared to wait till march for LSE to say anything and then i got home and opened my email - what a shock

I do the exact same set of subjects aswell!
guess i just got to be patient
Original post by JuKaMy
Nothing spectacular

Well done :smile: But 4A*s obtained/predicted- nothing spectacular? :tongue:
Original post by JuKaMy
Haha! insane? Your's can't have been too bad either if you have an offer from LSE :tongue:
Yes, applied with A* in maths and physics, and so don't need to worry about anything except FMaths and Econ this year
I reckon I covered the E in Fmaths in this Jan's exams though (hopefully :biggrin:) so just econ in the summer that is the decider

Not as good as yours :eek: Where else did you apply?
Reply 8033
Original post by funkydee
I do the exact same set of subjects aswell!
guess i just got to be patient

Nice!
Thanks and good luck! might get it sooner than you think
Reply 8034
Original post by Tomatochuckers
Well done :smile: But 4A*s obtained/predicted- nothing spectacular? :tongue:

Thank you :smile:

What i mean is, it's not quite the 10+ A* at GCSE and 5A* A level (and already worked in goldman sachs for 2 years) (and the list goes on...) that i see so many applicants on here have, or atleast claim to have.

In the end, i don't feel my grades have as much of an impact as personal and tutor statements, as they don't even interview anymore, so how are they going to know what we are like otherwise.

Good luck if you're still waiting to hear back :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8035
Not as good as yours :eek: Where else did you apply?

:colondollar: thanks

LSE - Offer (A in Economics, E in Further Maths)
Warwick - waiting
UCL - waiting (they have asked me about my language ability so they must still be considering - hopefully)
Bath - Asked to have copies of my achieved A* A Level certifs this wednesday, so maybe that means an offer soon, not sure
Bristol - Offer (B in economics)

Where else did you apply apart from LSE?
Reply 8036
Original post by JuKaMy

Warwick - waiting
UCL - waiting (they have asked me about my language ability so they must still be considering - hopefully)
Bath - Asked to have copies of my achieved A* A Level certifs this wednesday, so maybe that means an offer soon, not sure

You and Jamie twins or something? :tongue:
Reply 8037
Original post by Tateco

Not that i know of :biggrin:
Why so?
Original post by JuKaMy

Warwick - waiting

Woahhh same universities, how weird :tongue: Although I haven't heard back from Bath yet. And my Bristol offer is AA, but still.... Good luck with your other choices!

Original post by Tateco

You have good memory :colone:
Reply 8039
Woahhh same universities, how weird :tongue: Although I haven't heard back from Bath yet. And my Bristol offer is AA, but still.... Good luck with your other choices!

You have good memory :colone:

Oh that explains it!
Thanks, good luck to you too, or do you really need it? LSE more or less in the bag, what more could you ask for? :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending