The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Credit Suisse, Nomura, Morgan Stanley offer!

Did my MS AC 31st Jan, got offer today almost an hour ago.
Has anyone received the Barcap contract etc yet?
Reply 4022
Original post by i_hate_teeth
Has anyone received the Barcap contract etc yet?

They said it should come Monday.
Reply 4023
Are there any banks still accepting applications?
If I get a verbal test invite for BarCap does that mean I passed the numerical test? Just checking because I had some problems loading the numerical test and want to make sure the results got through, Thanks
Reply 4025
Original post by iradex

Original post by iradex
Are there any banks still accepting applications?

BNP PARIBAS deadline extended to 05/Feb
Did anyone use offers at other banks as leverage at their gs interview?
Leverage against Goldman Sachs......ha your funnyyyyyyy.
Original post by nubumay88
Leverage against Goldman Sachs......ha your funnyyyyyyy.

They're good, but they aren't doing as well as they were 3-4 years ago, if you look at some of the metrics I think you'll agree. I was actually told by someone who converted a SW there not to put the bank on a pedestal. They aren't looking for that.
Reply 4029
They're good, but they aren't doing as well as they were 3-4 years ago, if you look at some of the metrics I think you'll agree. I was actually told by someone who converted a SW there not to put the bank on a pedestal. They aren't looking for that.

Give me 10 banks which are doing as well as they were 3-4 years ago.
Original post by jevira
Give me 10 banks which are doing as well as they were 3-4 years ago.

Why 10 banks?

The only ones worth comparing are JPM or MS.

GS is highly geared towards the capital markets its much more sensitive to fluctuations in the market than JPM. GS debt-to-equity ratio is 2.6 while JPM's is 1.6 which suggests it carries less debt, while making larger returns (which is true) - look at the returns on equity of both banks - I won't mention the reputational issues I could go on but this is TSR. To think GS has no competition or that offers at other banks can't be leveraged is a bit naive tbh.

edit: I'm not saying I did or didn't leverage offers I'm just wondering if anyone did.
(edited 12 years ago)

Forget how well they are doing, we all know nothing is doing to hot, we are on this thread after all....what i meant is they are well aware that the rational beings among us want in, so leveraging against them would be as useful as an inflatable dartboard. We can all talk numbers to the end, but in reality we are all pitching and hoping for the same buyer.
Original post by eranhasson
you guys think you know everything.. it's actually funny don't be jealous

I don't understand your post at all. Could you possibly rephrase it in a less ambiguous way?

Forget how well they are doing, we all know nothing is doing to hot, we are on this thread after all....what i meant is they are well aware that the rational beings among us want in, so leveraging against them would be as useful as an inflatable dartboard. We can all talk numbers to the end, but in reality we are all pitching and hoping for the same buyer.

That's absolute bs.. Yeah they know you all want a Spring Week but they're getting a lot out of it too - signing some people when they're in their first year and hopefully keeping them after they graduate.

So obviously they are going to want the best individuals before a competitor does the same.

I'm not sure how well leveraging a Spring Week offer would go as it is just a week but you could definitely leverage Summer/Full time offers even with Goldman Sachs.
Has any1 been rejected from goldmans IBD?????????????
Reply 4035
Original post by course101
Has any1 been rejected from goldmans IBD?????????????

Don't think so. I've heard nothing since I applied, but given the volume of interviews held last week, I'd say chances of them giving out any more are slim.

Rejections and offers will probably come in one big batch this week.
Original post by chris_jo
Don't think so. I've heard nothing since I applied, but given the volume of interviews held last week, I'd say chances of them giving out any more are slim.

Rejections and offers will probably come in one big batch this week.

Hm - I know people with not so good cv's who have had interviews but some genius' with amazing cv's who havent.

I agree with you tho - our chances are quite slim now -especially after reading they have already given out 5 offers http://www.ghanabusinessnews.com/2012/02/02/goldman-sachs-picks-five-students-from-ghanas-ashesi-university-for-internship-in-london/
Sockpirate

Hey, what date is your UBS AC? Is it still the 7th, like that email specified? If so, I need to hear back from them by Monday, otherwise my whole application would have been a waste! :colonhash:
Original post by Doughnuts!!
Hey, what date is your UBS AC? Is it still the 7th, like that email specified? If so, I need to hear back from them by Monday, otherwise my whole application would have been a waste! :colonhash:

Yup, mines on the 7th, however I'd hold out hope - they did say there'd be multiple assessment centres! Plus the fact that no-one else on TSR other than me seems to have heard (or at least, I haven't seen anyone else post about it) implies they're maybe doing it in small batches?
For the people that have formally accepted a JPM spring week: Have you received a confirmation email from them after sending your acceptance email?

Latest

Trending

Trending