The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8040
Original post by JuKaMy
Not that i know of :biggrin:
Why so?

You applied to exactly the same universities :tongue:

Original post by jamiepango
Woahhh same universities, how weird :tongue: Although I haven't heard back from Bath yet. And my Bristol offer is AA, but still.... Good luck with your other choices!

You have good memory :colone:

Yep :colone:
Original post by Tomatochuckers
From hardest to easiest IMO

FP2
M2
S3
C4
C3
M1
S2
S1
C2/FP1
D1
C1

Can't comment on D2

I'd say...
M3
FP2
M2
FP1
S3
M1
S1
S2
C3
D1
C2
C1

Can't accurately comment on C4 yet. Most of you will disagree with my order, probably quite strongly :u:. I'm rubbish at Mechanics, and I found FP1 challenging at first because it came as quite a shock straight after GCSE maths. I'd definitely say it was harder than C1, C2, and C3, though. It got very easy towards the exam however.

I HATE MECHANICS :rant:
Original post by JuKaMy
Oh that explains it!
Thanks, good luck to you too, or do you really need it? LSE more or less in the bag, what more could you ask for? :biggrin:

Not as confident as you about meeting the grades. A*AAa isn't exactly easy :s-smilie: Of course, I'm grateful for the offer so I'm not complaining. Which one is going to be your insurance? (assuming your firming LSE)

Original post by Tateco

Yep :colone:

How did you find your exams? How was FP1?
Reply 8043
Not as confident as you about meeting the grades. A*AAa isn't exactly easy :s-smilie: Of course, I'm grateful for the offer so I'm not complaining. Which one is going to be your insurance? (assuming your firming LSE)

How did you find your exams? How was FP1?

FP1 was good. It's economics I'm worried about!

What about you?
Original post by Tateco

What about you?

Yes with economics, it can be so subjective so I guess it just depends on how you felt on the day and what the examiner's views are...

C3 was good, M1 went awful as expected :tongue:
Reply 8045
Yes with economics, it can be so subjective so I guess it just depends on how you felt on the day and what the examiner's views are...

C3 was good, M1 went awful as expected :tongue:

An really? I've got that in summer, I can afford to do really rubbish in one of my three applied units and still get top grades in maths and further maths so that's not too bad, hopefully your C3 makes up for M1 :biggrin:
Reply 8046
Not as confident as you about meeting the grades. A*AAa isn't exactly easy :s-smilie: Of course, I'm grateful for the offer so I'm not complaining. Which one is going to be your insurance? (assuming your firming LSE

If i get an offer from Bath that is below LSE's then that will be a very good insurance for me. Or if UCL has marginally lower offer grades than LSE then that, but I dont think that's going to happen, i can't even remember their standard offers, but i know that Warwick is higher in terms of grades, so that means that from now on, warwick is pretty much out of the picture :frown:
Only UCL, Bath could change what i'm doing, but for now it looks like LSE firm, Bath insurance (assuming i get an offer as they have already asked for my A Level certificates), if not then LSE firm, Bristol but i would be quite disappointed to have to go to Bristol VS LSE if i for some reason miss out by just a few marks!
Hopefully all goes well and i am in LSE halls this time next year :biggrin: ... along with you ofcourse! :wink:
Reply 8047
Original post by Tateco

What about you?

How did unit 3 go? I quite liked the paper, objectives of firms - you could have more or less copied the essay you showed me, which was definitely level 5!
Reply 8048
Original post by Dat Guy
How did unit 3 go? I quite liked the paper, objectives of firms - you could have more or less copied the essay you showed me, which was definitely level 5!

That was good, it is the first 25 marker I'm worried about!

How were your exams?
Reply 8049
Original post by Tateco
That was good, it is the first 25 marker I'm worried about!

How were your exams?

Oh, privatisation! Somehow I felt that this topic would come up and focused a little bit more on it :colondollar:

I only had Unit 3 and M3, hopefully they went alright.
Original post by JuKaMy
If i get an offer from Bath that is below LSE's then that will be a very good insurance for me. Or if UCL has marginally lower offer grades than LSE then that, but I dont think that's going to happen, i can't even remember their standard offers, but i know that Warwick is higher in terms of grades, so that means that from now on, warwick is pretty much out of the picture :frown:
Only UCL, Bath could change what i'm doing, but for now it looks like LSE firm, Bath insurance (assuming i get an offer as they have already asked for my A Level certificates), if not then LSE firm, Bristol but i would be quite disappointed to have to go to Bristol VS LSE if i for some reason miss out by just a few marks!
Hopefully all goes well and i am in LSE halls this time next year :biggrin: ... along with you ofcourse! :wink:

gratz on your offer!! :smile:
Reply 8051
Original post by lordvulture
gratz on your offer!! :smile:

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by joshgoldman
I'd say...
M3
FP2
M2
FP1
S3
M1
S1
S2
C3
D1
C2
C1

Can't accurately comment on C4 yet. Most of you will disagree with my order, probably quite strongly :u:. I'm rubbish at Mechanics, and I found FP1 challenging at first because it came as quite a shock straight after GCSE maths. I'd definitely say it was harder than C1, C2, and C3, though. It got very easy towards the exam however.

I HATE MECHANICS :rant:

FP1 is easy, no harder than C1
From what I've done...

FP2
C4
S2
FP3
M2
S1
C3
M1
D1
C2
FP1
C1
Original post by Moiraclaire
FP1 is easy, no harder than C1

You thought? I found it a lot harder than C1. Is FP2 harder than FP3?!
Oh comon. FP1 is by far harder than C1. That is practically unquestionable.

You thought? I found it a lot harder than C1. Is FP2 harder than FP3?!

Apparently. I'm not complaining :tongue:
Original post by -Illmatic-
Oh comon. FP1 is by far harder than C1. That is practically unquestionable.

Apparently. I'm not complaining :tongue:

Yeah it's pretty ridiculous to say FP1 is on par with C1. C1 was pretty much just GCSE maths, whereas FP1 kinda hits you in the face, huge leap from GCSE!

Well if that is true, I wish I was doing FP3 instead :biggrin:
Yeah it's pretty ridiculous to say FP1 is on par with C1. C1 was pretty much just GCSE maths, whereas FP1 kinda hits you in the face, huge leap from GCSE!

Well if that is true, I wish I was doing FP3 instead :biggrin:

Exactly. FP1 requires you to think in a different way, like the Proof stuff and the Matrix Algebra was pretty tough at first because you've never seen that type of stuff before. C1 was just an extension from GCSE!

You can actually take FP3 without FP2 :tongue:
Exactly. FP1 requires you to think in a different way, like the Proof stuff and the Matrix Algebra was pretty tough at first because you've never seen that type of stuff before. C1 was just an extension from GCSE!

You can actually take FP3 without FP2 :tongue:

Yeah, FP1 is definitely harder.

:shock: really? I thought for all modules it's a requirement that you have taken any preceding modules! Bit late now, already learnt 2/3 chapters of FP2 :frown:
Yeah, FP1 is definitely harder.

:shock: really? I thought for all modules it's a requirement that you have taken any preceding modules! Bit late now, already learnt 2/3 chapters of FP2 :frown:

Yup, from what I've heard the FP modules are written in a way that you dont need FP2 knowledge to do FP3 and vice versa

You're on Edexcel right? And well done with the KPMG gap year scheme...thats like..your 2nd/3rd gap year scheme offer?! Damn.
Yup, from what I've heard the FP modules are written in a way that you dont need FP2 knowledge to do FP3 and vice versa

You're on Edexcel right? And well done with the KPMG gap year scheme...thats like..your 2nd/3rd gap year scheme offer?! Damn.

Nope, OCR MEI for Maths. Whaaaa? I didn't apply to the gap year :P, I applied for the School Leaver's program at KPMG, had a final interview, but withdrew from it because of my Deloitte offer :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending