The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2012

Scroll to see replies

i got an interview on the 29th
Original post by bubble3004
i got an interview on the 29th

Congrats!! Same day as me and ally312!
Have you had the confirmation email yet?
Original post by carl_senior
Congrats!! Same day as me and ally312!
Have you had the confirmation email yet?

nope

have you
nope

have you

Still waiting. The lady on the phone did say that they would confirm via email shortly, but that was 3 days ago! :confused:
Still waiting. The lady on the phone did say that they would confirm via email shortly, but that was 3 days ago! :confused:

On thursday i was told to expect it "sometime next week"

with info on when exactly my interview s the monday befiore
i got an interview aswell on the 29th, still waiting on the confirmation email,

do you guys have any idea what the interview will be like? not quiet sure whether the questions will be personal statement based, or more academic...
That's weird! I'd be tempted to ring and ask what's going on. I'd also ring UCAS just to check that they haven't sent your applications off to the wrong places.
There are occasional mix ups where people get rejected from a different course at a university that they applied to etc

thanks for that. Ive checked on ucas track and nothing changed and Durham is not one of my choices anyway.. ill ring them up tommorow to be sure
Original post by sulagna_roy

do you guys have any idea what the interview will be like? not quiet sure whether the questions will be personal statement based, or more academic...

I had an interview with them last year. In terms of the format, it's quite informal. There are two interviewers, both of them were local doctors (although I think they can also be lecturers, med students etc) It lasted for about 20 mins or so.
Before you go in, you can have a chat with some current medics and ex-BM6ers and they really put you at ease and give you a bit of an idea about the course.
I'm not sure how much I can say about the interview questions, but I would say cover all bases. All the standard questions like 'why medicine' can be woven into your answers. I did get the impression that they wanted to get to know the real me, rather than the me that they have read about.

That's already 4 of us TSR-ers with interviews on the 29th! :eek:

Competition!! :eek2:
That's already 4 of us TSR-ers with interviews on the 29th! :eek:

Competition!! :eek2:

all the better

if it gets too tense we can try and guess who each other are
Reply 1750
Has anyone else noticed on the Medicine Stalking Page that someone had an interview last Wednesday then a rejection? Getting scared now!
I have an interview on the 15th..
An email .. with no time as of yet ...
Im a bit worried as to why they havent contacted me back with further details :s-smilie:
Original post by shooby_doo
Im a bit worried as to why they havent contacted me back with further details :s-smilie:

my interview is on the 29th.

but the lady said i shall be informed of the time the monday before my interview
Original post by shooby_doo

When did you get the phone call? I'm assuming they phoned you first?
Original post by Skyeblu
Has anyone else noticed on the Medicine Stalking Page that someone had an interview last Wednesday then a rejection? Getting scared now!

What, for bm6?
Reply 1755
Yes, a re-applicant for foundation year. Name begins with D, check it out.
When did you get the phone call? I'm assuming they phoned you first?

Yus yus
I cant remember when but it was like around the 10th of jan and initially they wanted the interview to be held on the 18th of jan and i was like YAYY INTERVIEW, oh wait i have exams so after some re-scheduling shenaniganings they changed it to 8th of feb then for some reason 15th so woo , bm6 its pretty much my only hope of doing med..
I had an interview with them last year. In terms of the format, it's quite informal. There are two interviewers, both of them were local doctors (although I think they can also be lecturers, med students etc) It lasted for about 20 mins or so.
Before you go in, you can have a chat with some current medics and ex-BM6ers and they really put you at ease and give you a bit of an idea about the course.
I'm not sure how much I can say about the interview questions, but I would say cover all bases. All the standard questions like 'why medicine' can be woven into your answers. I did get the impression that they wanted to get to know the real me, rather than the me that they have read about.

thanks for the info, are you on the BM6 course now? or are you re applying?
(edited 12 years ago)
thanks for the info, are you on the BM6 course now? or are you re applying?

I'm a re-applicant. Got rejected from BM6 post-interview last year :frown:
all the better

if it gets too tense we can try and guess who each other are

I'll lose that game. I'm the short, chubby yorkshireman :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending