The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4100
Original post by i_hate_teeth
Why are you asking me that? Aren't you applying for summer internships?

You seem to be the only one who has been given a definite date by which you will be contacted, a firend of mine said they would let her know earlier if she had exploding offers from other banks.
Reply 4101
What are you talking about? What did I post that makes you think I am being excessively confident?

Woops, re-read the post, my bad.
Dunno why you quoted me teeth 'cause you didn't actually answer my question. :s-smilie:
Reply 4103
I was told by GS that they would contact me tomorrow. So I'll be done by tomorrow.

For those that are interested I'll be doing SW's at JPM and GS or JPM and BC.

LOL I wish I could find that post where someone told me that I would get no spring week offers.

Wish I could find the post where you gave credible information... or the post where you didn't come across as a douchebag, perhaps I'll settle and just quote this post where you claim to have offers.
Original post by miml
Wish I could find the post where you gave credible information... or the post where you didn't come across as a douchebag, perhaps I'll settle and just quote this post where you claim to have offers.

The truly sad thing about people like you is that if you put your burning jealousy aside for a few minutes and actually read the content of my posts it's likely that you'd be in a better position regarding your spring week applications.

Have fun at your RBS spring week.

Original post by twinkl
You seem to be the only one who has been given a definite date by which you will be contacted, a firend of mine said they would let her know earlier if she had exploding offers from other banks.

Never mind why they gave me a date.
(edited 12 years ago)
x

Hi, I was wondering whether you think your autism helped or hindered your application. Thanks
Reply 4106
The truly sad thing about people like you is that if you put your burning jealousy aside for a few minutes and actually read the content of my posts it's likely that you'd be in a better position regarding your spring week applications.

The fact that you accuse me of jealousy clearly shows you have no clue what you are talking about - there are several people on this thread with offers from JPM, BC etc and no doubt there will be several with GS offers. I have congratulated many of them through my posts or PMs, just not you. It is hard to be jealous of something that isn't real.

The truly sad thing about me is that I have nothing better to do on a Sunday night than reply to your posts. Really, it's made me cry a little bit.
(edited 12 years ago)

Never mind why they gave me a date.

I usually preferred peanuts but nowadays cashews are my favourite nut (technically not, but whatever).

That's how helpful your "response" to my quote was.
Original post by icancount23
Hi, I was wondering whether you think your autism helped or hindered your application. Thanks

That's offensive to autistic people...

...they have better people skills and aren't as socially retarded as him.
Original post by miml
The fact that you accuse me of jealousy clearly shows you have no clue what you are talking about - there are several people on this thread with offers from JPM, BC etc and no doubt there will be several with GS offers. I have congratulated many of them through my posts or PMs, just not you. It is hard to be jealous of something that isn't real.

The truly sad thing about me is that I have nothing better to do on a Sunday night than reply to your posts. Really, it's made me cry a little bit.

Its immaterial whether you think my offers are genuine or not. Have fun at RBS.
(edited 12 years ago)
i_hate_teeth knows what he is talking about and does offer help/advice on here. Very confident but in my opinion confidence is good unless its mistaken for arrogance (which some of his posts do come across as tbf)

Some of the stuff he says is a bit ridiculous at times but now I think people just jump on the bandwagon of criticising him after every one of his posts, even when he hasn't said anything stupid or showing off. Gets boring after a while...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4111
NOBODY on this thread helps eachother out. Everybody is too paranoid that any information they give out will affect their application. No genuine help has been given in the last 50 pages of this ****ey thread, we're all here to gloat or moan.
I would give more help but I get so many negs from guys with worthless/no offers that I basically view everyone in here as someone who has potentially negged me.

Scorcher what have I said that's ridiculous?
I've replied to like 5 PMs about BarCap AC. Of course I'm not going to reveal questions asked but I gave information on what happened broadly/generally.

I agree mostly though. Unfortunately that's how this situation is.
Original post by mcp2
NOBODY on this thread helps eachother out. Everybody is too paranoid that any information they give out will affect their application. No genuine help has been given in the last 50 pages of this ****ey thread, we're all here to gloat or moan.

Fair point.

Original post by Scorcher
i_hate_teeth knows what he is talking about and does offer help/advice on here. Very confident but in my opinion confidence is good unless its mistaken for arrogance (which some of his posts do come across as tbf)

Some of the stuff he says is a bit ridiculous at times but now I think people just jump on the bandwagon of criticising him after every one of his posts, even when he hasn't said anything stupid or showing off. Gets boring after a while...

A lot of his posts are blatantly arrogant. It's more his fantastical claims and his ability to wind everybody up.
Original post by Doughnuts!!
Fair point.

A lot of his posts are blatantly arrogant. It's more his fantastical claims and his ability to wind everybody up.

Such as?
I would give more help but I get so many negs from guys with worthless/no offers that I basically view everyone in here as someone who has potentially negged me.

Scorcher what have I said that's ridiculous?

Stuff like getting headhunted etc. I am skeptical of that but I really don't care if it is or isn't true, has no bearing on my life. If it is true then honestly well done. I have nothing against you and believe 95% of what you say.

It does get very boring when people hate on you after your posts which are just normal posts like the one about how everyone felt after their GS interview.
Original post by Michael XYZ
I've replied to like 5 PMs about BarCap AC. Of course I'm not going to reveal questions asked but I gave information on what happened broadly/generally.

I agree mostly though. Unfortunately that's how this situation is.

Same, I've told people about boutiques that are open to first year summer interns even whilst my own applications with them were still pending. I think people will find if they help others, there's a better chance they'll be helped too. Some ended up returning the favour by sharing a few firms with me, or giving me some valuable info etc.

But that's mainly through PMs, where I think most of the really valuable contribution is exchanged. This thread is far too public, you share something it could be read by like 1000 different people, maybe more considering how many views the IB forum gets.
i am still quite sure that everything the teeth hater said is a lie.

the fact that he still keep posting, anyway, puzzles me.

a really tenacious troll, at least.
Original post by moritzplatz
i am still quite sure that everything the teeth hater said is a lie.

the fact that he still keep posting, anyway, puzzles me.

a really tenacious troll, at least.

Of course you think it's a lie, you have a very basic way of thinking. Your basing the probability of what I'm saying being true on your own experiences. You should be basing your thinking on the likelihood of the stuff I post happening to a singular person who you have never met and have no connection with.

start from the very beginning
and go think about it all, when you really do that, you'll start posting entirely different messages towards/about me because it will be about what is important
instead of things which are near enough, useless and of no consequence.

Given your current level of thinking - you are most unlikely to achieve the depth of thought that I'm referring to tonight

Latest

Trending

Trending