The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Warwick would be my firm so I am getting a little nervous + i got rejected from Nottingham :frown:
Original post by nightmare91
Oh nice! Well you're always welcome :biggrin:

haha awesome :tongue:
Original post by thegenius31416
Me too, but if I were to get an offer, it wouldn't be my firm or insurance so I'm not really waiting.

Why !?
in terms of getting a job later - surely Warwick is amazing unless you're other option is oxbridge or LSE.
Original post by Moiraclaire
Why !?
in terms of getting a job later - surely Warwick is amazing unless you're other option is oxbridge or LSE.

Sometimes you just have to choose the university where you think you will enjoy yourself most. It's not always about job prospects, although that does appear to be the case most of the time...
Why !?

Because landing a job at Goldman Sachs isnt everyone's priorities. Either way, going to Bristol over Warwick or Nottingham over Bristol will do nothing to harm anyone's job prospects.
Why !?

At Bristol, I would get a definite year in Germany (rather than having to apply in 2nd year) and I prefer the city.
Original post by -Illmatic-
Because landing a job at Goldman Sachs isnt everyone's priorities. Either way, going to Bristol over Warwick or Nottingham over Bristol will do nothing to harm anyone's job prospects.

True true :smile:
Reply 8087
Who's waiting for St.Andrews?
Original post by Feragon
Who's waiting for St.Andrews?

Me :smile:
Reply 8089
Me :smile:

I've been waiting since October haha, how about you? also I am applying for the BSc, you doing the same?:rolleyes:
Original post by Feragon
I've been waiting since October haha, how about you? also I am applying for the BSc, you doing the same?:rolleyes:

Yea me too! I've been waiting since October 3rd... And I also applied for the Economics BSc. It's my fifth choice though. But I'd still be happy because I need an insurance :frown: What other unis have you applied to?
Warwick is a bit of a ****ty place compared to Bristol. If all you care about is getting a job then I would go with Warwick.
Reply 8092
Original post by -Illmatic-
Not sure whether or not I'd choose Warwick over Bristol tbh :tongue: seeing as the situation will probably not even arise, it'll have to be Bristol firm and Nottingham insurance

Year in Germany :woo:

i thought you were taking a gap year dude?
Yea me too! I've been waiting since October 3rd... And I also applied for the Economics BSc. It's my fifth choice though. But I'd still be happy because I need an insurance :frown: What other unis have you applied to?

That might not be such a bad thing, I know a guy with a rejection for L100 (french qualifications)

Original post by wachno
i thought you were taking a gap year dude?

I'm applying for a few schemes, yes. Might defer entry if I get into any scheme, I havent decided :smile:
Reply 8094

Wow, what grades are you getting, if this is your insurance you must be pretty good. I applied to Oxford (rejected), Nottingham (conditional), Bristol (conditional) and Cardiff (conditional). If I get the St.Andrews offer it will be my firm and Notts will be my insurance, if I dont then Notts as firm and Cardiff as insurance.
Reply 8095
Original post by kaying
just UCL :/

same :frown: i really hope they reply soon!
Original post by Feragon
Wow, what grades are you getting, if this is your insurance you must be pretty good. I applied to Oxford (rejected), Nottingham (conditional), Bristol (conditional) and Cardiff (conditional). If I get the St.Andrews offer it will be my firm and Notts will be my insurance, if I dont then Notts as firm and Cardiff as insurance.

My grades are alright I suppose :redface: St. Andrews will ask me for the same average if they give me an offer but the Maths requirements for Germans are lower :smile:

Oh so you don't want to go to Bristol? St. Andrews is beautiful though. Almost all my friends have applied there hence I decided to apply there as well :biggrin:
Any warwick rejections???
Reply 8098
My grades are alright I suppose :redface: St. Andrews will ask me for the same average if they give me an offer but the Maths requirements for Germans are lower :smile:

Oh so you don't want to go to Bristol? St. Andrews is beautiful though. Almost all my friends have applied there hence I decided to apply there as well :biggrin:

Bristol asks for the same grades as Nottingham, but they have specific requirements for three of my subjects wihch Notts doesn't have, and so I am not really wanting to risk it. I do the IB and they asked for 38 with 6,6,6 at HL if this makes any sense to you. But I might change my mind.
Reply 8099
Original post by economist94
Any warwick rejections???

People are much less likely to post rejections on here than offers so it's difficult to know...

Latest

Trending

Trending