The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3540
Original post by Aramiss18
So you don't like football- deal with it.

No I love this game.
How many peoplewho are saying they dont get whats going on researched the sport before watching?

Can't believe the extra man meant Pats didnt gain possession- such a sloppy error was costly.
Question: Who should I be supporting? Is one of the teams considered unbearable by other fans (ie, Man United).
Original post by Miracle Day
Also, what's the big deal with the SuperBowl adverts?

They're supposed to be amazing in the US as companies go all out and make the best adverts specifically for the super bowl coverage i.e terry tate reebok ad. They literrally pay millions for a 30-60 second slot.

Original post by TM94
It's like watching a pantomime, every time a team advances; a player does a weird dance / celebration to wind up the crowd

:rofl:

Sorry to all the genuine and knowledgeable fans in here.

I just don't have a ****ing clue what I'm watching.

Then look up the rules? There must be something around on the net. It's like any sport really, not so complicated when you get used to it.
Reply 3545
I tell you what though I would love to go and watch this live, looks a right laugh.

Americans can sure put on a show.
Terry Tate is great! Can't beat a bit of office linebacker :biggrin:
Original post by Aramiss18
How many peoplewho are saying they dont get whats going on researched the sport before watching?

Can't believe the extra man meant Pats didnt gain possession- such a sloppy error was costly.

Yeah, having 12 men on at once is more than school boy error, it just shouldn't happen in the super bowl.
Original post by Abbadon27
Question: Who should I be supporting? Is one of the teams considered unbearable by other fans (ie, Man United).

In the last decade the Patriots have been the best team. But generally people hate Dallas Cowboys.
Live stream links? I want to watch the adverts and BBC doesnt show
Knew the Pats would go no huddle. And they're probably gonna score too..
Reply 3551
Anyone else confused like ****? lol
Reply 3552
Original post by Miracle Day
Live stream links? I want to watch the adverts and BBC doesnt show

What?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/american-football/16900169
Original post by OxfordGoBrach
Then look up the rules? There must be something around on the net. It's like any sport really, not so complicated when you get used to it.

Original post by TM94
It's like watching a pantomime, every time a team advances; a player does a weird dance / celebration to wind up the crowd

It's not great http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/american_football/3192002.stm

but it's something.
Reply 3554
Original post by TM94

Haha my exactly my thoughts :s-smilie: :biggrin:.
gronk is not looking good.
Reply 3556
Original post by TM94
I tell you what though I would love to go and watch this live, looks a right laugh.

Americans can sure put on a show.

I'm in tears after reading this.
It looked like the giants D-end was offside there. :dontknow:
BTW people the giants kicker is a scottish guy called lawrence tynes and is considered a hero as he basically won the super bowl for the giants in 08 and put the giants in the super bowl this year by kicking to beat the 49ers.

And he's a massive celtic fan. :smug:

EDIT: Dammit they are mentioning it on bbc now. I said it before bbc!!!!
Original post by Foghorn Leghorn
BTW people the giants kicker is a scottish guy called lawrence tynes and is considered a hero as he basically won the super bowl for the giants in 08 and put the giants in the super bowl this year by kicking to beat the 49ers.

And he's a massive celtic fan. :smug:

EDIT: Dammit they are mentioning it on bbc now. I said it before bbc!!!!

Haha unlucky, that was literally the minute they mentioned it!

Latest