The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by i_hate_teeth
Of course you think it's a lie, you have a very basic way of thinking. Your basing the probability of what I'm saying being true on your own experiences. You should be basing your thinking on the likelihood of the stuff I post happening to a singular person who you have never met and have no connection with.

start from the very beginning
and go think about it all, when you really do that, you'll start posting entirely different messages towards/about me because it will be about what is important
instead of things which are near enough, useless and of no consequence.

Given your current level of thinking - you are most unlikely to achieve the depth of thought that I'm referring to tonight

what you post is possible (sometimes) but it is really unlikely.

anyway there is a probability you do not take in account, the probability that this singular person you refer to has a lot of free time to spend on tsr, goes to a second-tier uni and feels the need to post weird things like "i've been headhunted!!!"

what i find difficult to understand is why you keep posting, both if it is true or if it's not...
Original post by moritzplatz

anyway there is a probability you do not take in account, the probability that this singular person you refer to has a lot of free time to spend on tsr, goes to a second-tier uni and feels the need to post weird things like "i've been headhunted!!!"

what i find difficult to understand is why you keep posting, both if it is true or if it's not...

You probably find it difficult to secure spring weeks too right?
Original post by moritzplatz

I hate teeth goes to UCL right? I don't think you can really call UCL second tier. I suspect that you go to Oxbridge and your lack of securing the same spring weeks at teeth has caused you to hit out at him with silly statements like that.

The headhunting is a bit unbelievable seeing as he is probably 19 years old, but i know plenty of people at UCL who got several spring week offers last year; many more than i know at Imperial. I can't see why the spring week offers from JPM, BC etc are called as trolling here.
Reply 4123
Original post by Industrious Orca
I hate teeth goes to UCL right? I don't think you can really call UCL second tier. I suspect that you go to Oxbridge and your lack of securing the same spring weeks at teeth has caused you to hit out at him with silly statements like that.

The headhunting is a bit unbelievable seeing as he is probably 19 years old, but i know plenty of people at UCL who got several spring week offers last year; many more than i know at Imperial. I can't see why the spring week offers from JPM, BC etc are called as trolling here.

Headhunting is possible as well (I guess, even not that uncommon), it just depends who's headhunting him.
Original post by i_hate_teeth
You probably find it difficult to secure spring weeks too right?

i just applied to ubs and hsbc, rejected by hsbc.
it's not my priority anyway.
Original post by TomasK
Headhunting is possible as well (I guess, even not that uncommon), it just depends who's headhunting him.

It depends what we mean by headhunting too; teeth didn't really specify past using the word casually. I get the feeling that he may have been referring to being recommended following a networking event; you know when bankers ask for your details and write them on a card to recommend you (to HR probably) i presume. The fact that he seems to have still attended interviews leads me to believe that he hasn't been headhunted in the sense of actually being given the spring week etc due to who he is. I don't deny that he actually knows recruiters and has been having meals with HR, bankers etc; that's perfectly possible and happens quite often with people i know.
Original post by Industrious Orca

nah you are new to this thread maybe.
you should read his older posts to understand what i'm talking about.
Reply 4127
i_hate_teeth is a case for Cal Lightman from the Lightman Group.
Why has this thread deviated from the topic at hand- SW into posts about the identity and personal life of i_hate_teeth?

Anyway....

Does anyone know how many places there are in each division for MS, DB and GS??

Thanks!
Original post by twinkl
You seem to be the only one who has been given a definite date by which you will be contacted, a firend of mine said they would let her know earlier if she had exploding offers from other banks.

they've already contacted those with exploding offers...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4130
Original post by bella.lake
they've already contacted those with exploding offers...

how do you know? when and which division?
Original post by eco1234
how do you know? when and which division?

Guy at my college got the call while we were at dinner, IBD i think.
Reply 4132
Original post by bella.lake
Guy at my college got the call while we were at dinner, IBD i think.

ah ok thanks :smile:

do you know which day his interview was? and which day was the call? friday?
hey, does any1 know where can i practice talent q numericals (or any talent q tests)

its those tests being used by rbs and citi i think

thx :smile:
Rejections for people with no interview for gs IBD should come this week.

Rejections for people who were unsuccessful at interview will probs come next week.

Has anyone heard from UBS insights / Citi certificate in finance? / deutsche bank start up scholarship / Morgan Stanley - I haven't heard from any of these - no interview / phone interview - nothing!
Original post by course101
R
Rejections for people who were unsuccessful at interview will probs come next week.

Well, no. They said that everybody at interview would hear early this week.
Do GS have IDB and S&T or is it together? Can't remember what the heck there was now.
Original post by chanchan
Why has this thread deviated from the topic at hand- SW into posts about the identity and personal life of i_hate_teeth?

Anyway....

Does anyone know how many places there are in each division for MS, DB and GS??

Thanks!

We were 40 in IBD, 40 in Securities last year. ~180 across all divisions.
Reply 4138
After a horrendous phone interview, I got into PwC Insight Academy:smile: Biggest surprise ever. The phone interview did, indeed, go very badly with almost 60-second-long pauses while I was thinking about an answer. It honestly came to my mind that they might have made a mistake lol:biggrin:
Could anyone confirm if they reimburse travel costs? I would be flying in from abroad for the programme (with discount flight costing about 50 pounds). Would that be reimbursed? (Don't wanna ask them directly straight away...)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by erklam

Original post by erklam
After a horrendous phone interview, I got into PwC Insight Academy:smile: Biggest surprise ever. The phone interview did, indeed, go very badly with almost 60-second-long pauses while I was thinking about an answer. It honestly came to my mind that they might have made a mistake lol:biggrin:
Could anyone confirm if they reimburse travel costs? I would be flying in from abroad for the programme (with discount flight costing about 50 pounds). Would that be reimbursed? (Don't wanna ask them directly straight away...)

This gives me hope lol!

Well done :biggrin: :h: how long did it take you to hear?

Latest

Trending

Trending