The Student Room Group

late period but virgin :s

Hi

I should have had my period maybe 2 weeks ago, the last time i had one was in december. i have no idea why i am soo late this time. is it due to the winter? i havnt had any sexual contact yet. i am 18yrs old. whats wrong with me? help lol
Mine was 3 months late a few time... (Virgin too bdw)

It was because I was severely underweight...

Have u lost a lot of weight or seriously ill???
Reply 2
Original post by Sui-Kinxtar_kitty
Mine was 3 months late a few time... (Virgin too bdw)

It was because I was severely underweight...

Have u lost a lot of weight or seriously ill???

i havnt been ill, i am average weight, dno wots wrong really
have you been under stress? also, worrying about it like you are now also delays it.
Original post by Anonymous
i havnt been ill, i am average weight, dno wots wrong really

Well when you are late its usually a sign that somthin is wrong...

Maybe poor diet???
Reply 5
Original post by strawberry
have you been under stress? also, worrying about it like you are now also delays it.

yeh worrying about it more could lead to delays true, but throughout jan i wasnt too stressed hmm
have you always been regular though? sometimes periods skip a month.
Reply 7
i had skipped a months period abt 6months ago in the summer, but apart from that im regular, i think last yr around this time my period took longer :/
Reply 8
Original post by strawberry
have you always been regular though? sometimes periods skip a month.

This
Original post by Anonymous
i had skipped a months period abt 6months ago in the summer, but apart from that im regular, i think last yr around this time my period took longer :/

I think, since you're a virgin, missing a period shouldn't be anything to worry about :smile:
Reply 10
if it happens more than once in a short space of time the see your doctor
I'm no doctor but I think you're pregnant.

Sorry.

(This is a joke, for those who are slow)
So I have been freaking out for the last week now because I haven't had my period but I'm a virgin. So I have been searching reasons and now I'm more freaked out. And I'm worried to tell my mom because she probably won't believe I'm a virgin. What should I do????
To be honest this is what is happening to me too , but honest you should take a deep breath and calm down , if you've been stressed out lately ? That could be a reason , also hormonal imbalances and then maybe your cycle is just changing
Reply 14
Original post by Angelaagada
To be honest this is what is happening to me too , but honest you should take a deep breath and calm down , if you've been stressed out lately ? That could be a reason , also hormonal imbalances and then maybe your cycle is just changing

I agree with you, when the period is lating, it doesn't always mean that something bad happened with your health, rather often it's an aftermarth of too much stress, bad diet and lack of regular sleep. It can be connected with taking some types of medication and it can be considered as a normal thing too.
On the other hand if you have such problems with your periods too often, than it can be a sign of some unpleasant illnesses. They can include for example too low body weight (it's a common problem for women who're obsessed with different diets), PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome), such chronic diseases as diabetes, hormonal imbalance (like for example the lack of testosterone https://www.hgha.com/testosterone-levels-in-women ), thyroid diseases and even ovarian cancer sometimes.
Considering all these things it's strongly recommended to visit your doctor as soon as possible and get tested.

Quick Reply

Latest