The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4220
Original post by mcp2
I'm just...allow it.

???
Original post by mazeltof
I thought u had interview for operations...?

They moved me to IMD post interview (I didnt ask why)
Reply 4222
Original post by i_hate_teeth
Anyone heard anything from GS securities?

Sort of going by the fact what they (GS) did say after interviews, that they would get back by the end of this week, so I guess tommorow or the day after tomorrow should be it.
not gonna lie...getting quite upset now

rejections from everywhere apart from Barclays (too late to hear anything), UBS (too late to hear anything), Goldman (tiniest grain of hope left) and Credit Suisse (im guessing its too late to hear anything from here too!)

ahh fudge!!!...gonna have to hope for better luck for summer internships next year!
Original post by viksta1000

rejections from everywhere apart from Barclays (too late to hear anything), UBS (too late to hear anything), Goldman (tiniest grain of hope left) and Credit Suisse (im guessing its too late to hear anything from here too!)

ahh fudge!!!...gonna have to hope for better luck for summer internships next year!

u still have hope from gs, and ubs and bar cap havent contacted everyone yet.
Anyone heard anything from GS GIR?
Original post by TomasK
Sort of going by the fact what they (GS) did say after interviews, that they would get back by the end of this week, so I guess tommorow or the day after tomorrow should be it.

IBD applicants will all know by the end of today... not sure about Sec
Original post by keynesismyhomeboy

I was told today/tomorrow...
Reply 4228
Original post by Doughnuts!!

For Sec? Cause IBD doesn't really apply to me.

EDIT: Ignore the above, you most likely wouldn't have quoted the guy talking about IBD if you weren't yourself referring to IBD as well.
(edited 12 years ago)

when i got my offer thats what she told me!

lol

Original post by TomasK
For Sec? Cause IBD doesn't really apply to me.

EDIT: Ignore the above, you most likely wouldn't have quoted the guy talking about IBD if you weren't yourself referring to IBD as well.

Look at last years thread- they werent told for another 2 weeks
Got invited to an AC with RBS next week but was all over the phone so I have absolutely no details whatsoever, I said id also call back and let them know.
Anyone know what sort of things you do there? Whether they pay for travel/accommodation and stuff? Like I say, I havent been given a brief or outline of the day or anything.
Reply 4233
Original post by hypercaine.
Got invited to an AC with RBS next week but was all over the phone so I have absolutely no details whatsoever, I said id also call back and let them know.
Anyone know what sort of things you do there? Whether they pay for travel/accommodation and stuff? Like I say, I havent been given a brief or outline of the day or anything.

It's pretty much the norm for IBs to cover travel expenses, not so much from the accommodation aspect.

I've heard the AC is very short - competency + numberial re-test. No guarantees though.
Original post by TomasK
It's pretty much the norm for IBs to cover travel expenses, not so much from the accommodation aspect.

I've heard the AC is very short - competency + numberial re-test. No guarantees though.

Thats what I was thinking, E&Y covered my travel expenses and put me up in a hotel but Baker Tilly only covered travel expenses up to £50 (iirc) which is pretty stupid. This is my first AC with an IB though so just wondering how different it would be to E&Y which was about 6 hours long and involved quite a lot of stuff.
Reply 4235
I've got offers for spring weeks with MS, BarCap and UBS (Goldman still pending)... How many do people reckon I should do and which ones? (Sales and trading inclination btw)
Reply 4236
Original post by hypercaine.
Thats what I was thinking, E&Y covered my travel expenses and put me up in a hotel but Baker Tilly only covered travel expenses up to £50 (iirc) which is pretty stupid. This is my first AC with an IB though so just wondering how different it would be to E&Y which was about 6 hours long and involved quite a lot of stuff.

Depends bank by bank, programme by programme I'd say. But that's what I've heard about RBS.
Original post by dman12
I've got offers for spring weeks with MS, BarCap and UBS (Goldman still pending)... How many do people reckon I should do and which ones? (Sales and trading inclination btw)

I think you should do two if you can (gotta have time to revise for exams also)

I think you should do UBS I cant really comment on MS and BarCap
Original post by viksta1000

Dont get upset!

Even if you dont get it at least you know what the process is like and you should be better at the tests and competency/technical interview(s).
Reply 4239
Original post by chanchan
Dont get upset!

Even if you dont get it at least you know what the process is like and you should be better at the tests and competency/technical interview(s).

Latest

Trending

Trending