The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by course101
Because most normal people are not called doughnuts, nor are they tsr demigods, nor ps helpers with 5,634 posts.

Thats how I know :smile:

Oh. Dear.

I could rip your argument to shreds but you're clearly an idiot so it's alright.

PS- Who the hell gives,themselves a username names after their course?

Original post by Industrious Orca
What? I genuinely found it amusing. Maybe it's being locked away trying to write essays making me go mad...

Dw, I agreed with you!
The compliments being referred to with the contract are free gifts (The sort of stuff they give out at presentations).
for everyone awaiting for the response for UBS Insights Program, i have talked to one of the recruiting managers earlier today, she mentioned this:

We have now selected all of our participants for our Insights program. Everyone will receive an email within the next two weeks updating you on their application.
Original post by milanftw
for everyone awaiting for the response for UBS Insights Program, i have talked to one of the recruiting managers earlier today, she mentioned this:

Does this mean that people who have been accepted are yet to hear?

Thanks...
Reply 4304
Still no answer from BAML in Sales & Trading since i applied, should i be worried ?
Has there been any word from HSBC post January tests or BNPP at all? Don't recall seeing anything, although I've not been around much these past couple of weeks.
Original post by course101
Does this mean that people who have been accepted are yet to hear?

Thanks...

I guess not so. Seems like everybody who was accepted got the mail on late Monday.

So if we haven't heard are we just waiting for a rejection?
has anyone heard from hsbc? bnp paribas?
Original post by blueladybird
has anyone heard from hsbc? bnp paribas?

Yeh HSBC got back to me.
Reply 4310
muahaha, hate_teeth even gets 10k signing bonus because he is SO amazing and every bank wants him. I LOL at you, you stupid thing.
Original post by erklam

Original post by erklam
They extremely stick to the competency questions. The way she started was something like: So, we have these 6 (or so) competencies and I will be asking you about these. (http://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/student/applicationprocess/interview_competencies.jhtml) >>Here they are.

She indeed said that: Now, I'm going to ask about your competency to lead and contribute to team success"..."now we will move onto another area, demonstrating courage and integrity".
So, as you can see, it is all competency questions. But is also ONLY these. So don't prepare questions like weaknesses or strengths as they are unlikely to ask those. Instead, read these and answer them. Get at least two examples for each, she asked two integrity questions from me. They ask the questions that are on their website word for word! So, really no excuse if you cannot give an answer.

Also, I really didn't feel I did well overall but what I did well was that I stopped talking when I was done with the story. Do NOT keep on rambling about stuff-simply stop when you feel you're done. There is gonna be an awkward silence for a shorter or longer period but do not worry about it. Stop speaking. Period. Don't think of it as an awkward silence. You should have the feeling of : "yes, I know what I'm doing, and I'm done with this story. Your turn, dear recruiter, say something." Keep my word for this. I don't know what else if not this technique got me into this programme:smile:

They didn't ask any questions about PwC (that's not usually the case). She only asked: "What is your understanding of the programme you are applying to". It is an interesting way I think to ask this question. Also, commercial awareness-wise, she simply asked how I keep up-to-date with the news. I just told her I get the free Financial Times from my uni and I just subsribed for the Economist. That's it. They didn'y even ask a specific piece of news, even though I had some good ones prepared:P

Good luck lemme know if you have more questions.

I have an AC with PWC now! :biggrin: :colondollar:

(I applied for Partner Shadowing :colondollar:) To anyone applying to PWC, LEARN THE COMPENTENCIES literally.
(edited 12 years ago)
Has anyone had a Citiquest interview yet?
Yes anyone heard from BNPP? Don't think I've seen anyone talk about getting any interviews/ACs from them which is quite odd.
Reply 4314
Original post by Michael XYZ
Yes anyone heard from BNPP? Don't think I've seen anyone talk about getting any interviews/ACs from them which is quite odd.

They don't have those. It's either an offer or a rejection.
i believe that we are just waiting for a rejection now,
but i have sent her another message asking her to clarify this,
which i will post here once she answers

i suppose so,
i'll post here once i get a confirmation

yeah i will probably be true based on the number of offers on monday
Original post by TomasK
They don't have those. It's either an offer or a rejection.

Oh, thanks.

Still, don't think anyone has said they have received an offer or rejection as of yet.
What about CitiQuest and HSBC? Those two still have to start sorting out sw apps?
Reply 4318
Original post by soczek322
What about CitiQuest and HSBC? Those two still have to start sorting out sw apps?

I got an offer from HSBC a couple of days ago. Had a telephone interview in the beginning of January.
Original post by Outsanity
Has there been any word from HSBC post January tests or BNPP at all? Don't recall seeing anything, although I've not been around much these past couple of weeks.

Well, i've been rejected by both :colondollar:

Latest

Trending

Trending