The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NothingWorks
Parents usually wait by reception, but there is a cafe in building 85 if they so wish. The interviewees are collected every 10 minutes or so by a current student and taken down past the cafe to where the interviews are held.

Okay, thank you for the info :smile:
Flights to southampton booked!!! :eek:
Are EU students considered for this course? I called them today and got told yes but it is for defo ryt? I got in a major pickle with nottingham foundation :'(
Reply 1803
Original post by sumsum123
Are EU students considered for this course? I called them today and got told yes but it is for defo ryt? I got in a major pickle with nottingham foundation :'(

http://www.southampton.ac.uk/assets/imported/transforms/peripheral-block/UsefulDownloads_Download/8CE52FDFA3BE413E82823F379BA8B76B/faq-about-bm6-352[1].pdf

According to that internationals are not eligible.

I'm guessing international does not include EU surely if they said you are eligible you must be. I mean they are probably more up to date with the information than any of us.
Original post by Besakt
http://www.southampton.ac.uk/assets/imported/transforms/peripheral-block/UsefulDownloads_Download/8CE52FDFA3BE413E82823F379BA8B76B/faq-about-bm6-352[1].pdf

According to that internationals are not eligible.

I'm guessing international does not include EU surely if they said you are eligible you must be. I mean they are probably more up to date with the information than any of us.

True thank you "/

It said in the interview email that ' Any candidates considered by the University of Southampton to be classified as Overseas will not be eligible for entry onto the Level 0 course'
Whether that includes EU applicants or not I dont know.
The junior doctors show was awesome! I actually choked up when Lucy was talking to her patient ( Robert I fink ?) and Andy is hilarious :tongue:

oh my god me too! Lucy is my favourite! :biggrin:
And is one of one 3 who didn't go to a university in London so brownie points :P
I still think Priya is a little awkward though, her jokes were a bit dodgy :L
Original post by popsiclee67
oh my god me too! Lucy is my favourite! :biggrin:
And is one of one 3 who didn't go to a university in London so brownie points :P
I still think Priya is a little awkward though, her jokes were a bit dodgy :L

Lucy... :love:

Priya's jokes were bad but Sameer's consult with that patient with liver disease was just cringey!
Hiiii

I was wondering what some of your experiences were at last years BM6 interviews?

I've got mine on the 29th Feb it will be my first interview and not really sure what to expect :/
Original post by carl_senior
Lucy... :love:

Priya's jokes were bad but Sameer's consult with that patient with liver disease was just cringey!

oh yeah, forgot about that! Okay let's move on... NO LETS GO BACK ...:eek:
Reply 1810
Hey,

I was wondering if you anyone knows how much the interview is worth.

Does your PS, UCKAT and high school marks get you to the interview stage then it's all on the interview? Or does the interview make up just a portion of your application?

Thanks!
The interview is what now determins the fate of your application, you've satisfied all the critera for the coruse, they assume everyone who they interview will get the required grades and such it's more about seeing what you are like as a person and your communication skills and the like. I suppose you could see it as the scores and grades gets you an interview, the interview gets you an offer.

For those curious they have given about approximately 130 BM6 interviews this year.

For those curious they have given about approximately 130 BM6 interviews this year.

They have already done 130?! :eek:
No thats the total figgure for ammount of interviews for BM6

and @
Original post by rose12344
Hiiii

I was wondering what some of your experiences were at last years BM6 interviews?

I've got mine on the 29th Feb it will be my first interview and not really sure what to expect :/

Firstly well done for getting an interview, you've impressed the medical school and now they want to see what you're like as a person. The interviews are generally quite relaxed and you're given plenty of opportunity to talk about your exeperiences and such thus far. Often they'll start with some typical interview questions, but generally it's based around your personal statement and things they know about you already. The answers you give will then determine the follow up questions and they often lead from each other. Interviews are around 20 minutes long. They've seen that academically you are suited to the medical school, now they want to see that you can communicate and that you'll get along with others etc.

There will usually be atleast 3 current students who will sit with you and answer any questions you have before you interview and offer little bits of advice and they'll likely reiterate what i've just said.
anyone know when they're sending out the next batch of rejections? :/
Reply 1815
The interview is what now determins the fate of your application, you've satisfied all the critera for the coruse, they assume everyone who they interview will get the required grades and such it's more about seeing what you are like as a person and your communication skills and the like. I suppose you could see it as the scores and grades gets you an interview, the interview gets you an offer.

130?!? Considering I haven't got one so far has just made me lose all hope. :frown:
Stay positive, they normally let you know about 2-3 weeks before hand and there are still 7 weeks of interviews to go. Also there are always opportunities to do gap years if you don't suceed this year, many of the students on the current BM6 did a gap year.
Original post by Besakt
130?!? Considering I haven't got one so far has just made me lose all hope. :frown:

me neither! *resists quoting high school musical*

but honestly, only time will tell, and if it's meant to be this year we'll see :smile:

No thats the total figgure for ammount of interviews for BM6

and @

Firstly well done for getting an interview, you've impressed the medical school and now they want to see what you're like as a person. The interviews are generally quite relaxed and you're given plenty of opportunity to talk about your exeperiences and such thus far. Often they'll start with some typical interview questions, but generally it's based around your personal statement and things they know about you already. The answers you give will then determine the follow up questions and they often lead from each other. Interviews are around 20 minutes long. They've seen that academically you are suited to the medical school, now they want to see that you can communicate and that you'll get along with others etc.

There will usually be atleast 3 current students who will sit with you and answer any questions you have before you interview and offer little bits of advice and they'll likely reiterate what i've just said.

Okayyy thanks
Original post by rose12344
Hiiii

Congrats! Same day as me and a few others on the thread. Will see you there!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending