The Student Room Group

Nee-Naw-Nee-Naw! Food Crimes we Cannot Abide!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
Original post by HistoryRepeating
I still really can't stand people who can't use cutlery properly. Its such a basic skill.

Like the AMERICAN ETIQUETTE. What the hell is that? Fork in one hand, knife the other, use the fork to stab, knife to cut, then you put the knife down, transfer your fork to your other hand, then scoop? WHA?

Put your knife down and transfer fork to the other hand... for EVERY BITE??
Original post by TotoMimo
Food Crime I cannot Abide:

Walking down the street and seeing a chav with his or her child in the buggy - the poor otherwise-innocent tot grasping a Greggs sausage roll in one hand, yum-yum in the other.

HE DOESN'T KNOW ANY BETTER! GIVE HIM A BANANA! HE'LL LOVE IT, I PROMISE!!

I agree 100%. My friend met a mother and toddler, and the toddler was eating a Pot Noodle and drinking Irn Bru... for BREAKFAST.

The horror! :sad:
Offering someone a "bit" of your chocolate bar. They take like..over half.
Reply 923
Original post by affinity89
:confused: Why shouldn't a vegan or vegetarian have a curry? When I am following a vegan diet, I eat curry all the time. Coconut and/or tomato based curries with lots of fresh vegetables are amazing. :smile:

Agreed. And a lot of curry places do veggie stuff because a decent proportion of the Indian population is Hindu and veggie. <3 Saag Aloo
Reply 924
I saw someone pouring Dr Pepper into a babies bottle once....
Reply 925
When people ask for a second helping (especially with something you love e.g. a lovely dessert I'm talking apple crumble level pleasure here), and then can't finish it because they were just being greedy.

Here comes the food waste...sigh.

I HATE WASTING FOOD.
Reply 926
Kind of a merging of both Melissa's and Dani's - when you've got a "double" chocolate bar (not necessarily a duo, I just mean perhaps bars split into two pieces/fingers, like Twix, Bounty, or Milky Way Crispy Rolls) and someone "hasn't tried it".

So they take an entire finger/piece, take a bite, hate it, "PTEW PTEW ECH URGH!" and discard it.

WH...

WHY DID YOU FEEL THE NEED TO DISCARD IT?!
Reply 927

Kind of a merging of both Melissa's and Dani's - when you've got a &quot;double&quot; chocolate bar (not necessarily a duo, I just mean perhaps bars split into two pieces/fingers, like Twix, Bounty, or Milky Way Crispy Rolls) and someone &quot;hasn't tried it&quot;.

So they take an entire finger/piece, take a bite, hate it, &quot;PTEW PTEW ECH URGH!&quot; and discard it.

WH...

WHY DID YOU FEEL THE NEED TO DISCARD IT?!

Leave ma tasty treat alone fiend! Clearly Iiii like it, so give it back! Equally, don't 'just try' something you know you don't like!
'Oh, I usually hate chocolate and nuts, but give me a bite...'
You didn't like it? What a surprise, and thanks for wasting half my chocolate bar!
Or those people that say "This is horrible. I don't like this, I don't know why I'm eating it"...whilst continuing to gobble up the lot.
Reply 929
Or when someone decides that, for their Indian/Chinese Takeaway, they're going to take a risk and try something new.

It arrives, they hate it, and either you have to (A) Have them sit and watch you eating, or (B) Share half of yours with them.

TAKE STUPID RISKS ON YOUR ALONE TIME
Or when someone decides that, for their Indian/Chinese Takeaway, they're going to take a risk and try something new.

It arrives, they hate it, and either you have to (A) Have them sit and watch you eating, or (B) Share half of yours with them.

TAKE STUPID RISKS ON YOUR ALONE TIME

you forgot (C) Eat all yours and all theirs too. :colone:
leaving the skins of jacket potatoes, they're the best bit!
People not liking meat on the bone, the bone keeps in the moisture and flavour! Plus you can suck the marrow out, yum! Also when people get freaked out by seeing fish meat ON THE FISH! Also people confusing macarons with macaroons. SMH
Reply 933
When you make everyone a big monster fry-up, and they instantly complain "I'll never finish all of this."

Well, fair enough.

But then you get their plate afterwards and the stuff they didn't eat - WAS THE BACON/TATTIE SCONE/SAUSAGE.

CHRIST MAN, AT LEAST LEAVE THE "LESSERS" (beans, tomato) AND EAT THE PRIME STUFF! Moron.
Reply 934
Original post by IndiaCaitlinn

Finally! Someone who agrees! Screw the airy fairy inside, it's all about the crispy shell!

I used to do this.:redface: Now, I love them.
Banana sandwiches.

My dad loves them, but I just don't understand how people can put a piece of fruit into bread. :s
Reply 937
2 things immediately spring to mind
1) Cheese and Jam sandwiches
2) Putting salad cream/mayonnaise into the whole container of tuna. I just want the tuna! If you want an off-white condiment mixed into it take some tuna onto your plate and mix it in there. Don't ruin the whole lot! (ditto with drowning the whole bowl of chips in vinegar.)
Reply 938
The entire concept of "Just gonnae nick a chip".
The Atkins Diet. Carbs are good, dammit! :fuhrer:

As are cheese and jam sandwiches :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest