The Student Room Group
University logo
Abertay University

Who's going to Abertay?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
If anyone wants a tour around the uni when you get here, just let me know. I'm slow at checking this so your best bet will be s.patterson[a]abertay.ac.uk - if you give me a few days notice I'll be able to get out of the office for a while and give you a chance to see around. We're all one campus right in the city centre, so finding your way around is nice and easy!
University logo
Abertay University
Reply 181
Oh the waiting is driving me nuts. Really hope to get an offer. 2 Unis rejected me for Forensic Science since I have no Chemistry in my German Highers/A-levels. Hope Abertay don't join the club. :colondollar:
Reply 182
Just got accepted into the games design and production management course for this year, really looking forward to getting started :biggrin:
Reply 183
Congrats Bradalee! :biggrin:
Reply 184
Hasn't anyone received an offer for ethical hacking course yet? :smile:
Original post by isengard1
Hasn't anyone received an offer for ethical hacking course yet? :smile:

Not me, still waiting. Heard from other places but not Abertay yet, and friends have had offers for other courses. Hurry up guys :P
I think my mate has applied for psychology at Abertay...
Reply 187
Original post by smartipants
Not me, still waiting. Heard from other places but not Abertay yet, and friends have had offers for other courses. Hurry up guys :P

Have even you applied for ethical hacking courses? If so, to what unis?
(edited 12 years ago)
Have even you applied for ethical hacking courses? If so, to what unis?

Yeah, I applied to Napier and Glasgow Cally too, Unconditional to Napier and nothing from Cally yet.
Reply 189
Yeah, I applied to Napier and Glasgow Cally too, Unconditional to Napier and nothing from Cally yet.

Napier's course is "Computer security and forensics"?
I got two unconditionals from Glasgow Caledonian and Northumbria, but I far prefer the second. I'm waiting news for Abertay :biggrin:
Napier's course is "Computer security and forensics"?
I got two unconditionals from Glasgow Caledonian and Northumbria, but I far prefer the second. I'm waiting news for Abertay :biggrin:

Correct (UCAS code (GG56)) :smile:
When did you hear from Cally? I'm still waiting for them, although Abertay is the one I really want :biggrin:
Reply 191
Correct (UCAS code (GG56)) :smile:
When did you hear from Cally? I'm still waiting for them, although Abertay is the one I really want :biggrin:

Just a few days ago and I sent my application on 19th December.
I'm quite sure that Abertay is the place where all of us really want to study :biggrin:.
And Northumbria is the best backup choice in the entire UK as far as I believe :wink:. I think I'll be there if I don't get a place at Abertay.

Anyway, what's your nationality? And what IT skills did you mention in your personal statement if I can ask it? :smile:
Reply 192
Original post by Bradalee
Just got accepted into the games design and production management course for this year, really looking forward to getting started :biggrin:

Same here :biggrin: Not heard back from any of my other choices yet but will probably be going to Abertay, sounds like the best choice.
Meeee! I'm going back to the ba hons in Computer arts after a year gap! Restarting in 1st year :smile: Anyone else in the arts institute? :biggrin:

I'm also wanting to start looking for student accommodation, staying away from Opal 1 this time. They really took the mickey :frown:

If I make friends on here, we could totally apply for student accomm together too! :biggrin:
Original post by Tortilliontaco
Meeee! I'm going back to the ba hons in Computer arts after a year gap! Restarting in 1st year :smile: Anyone else in the arts institute? :biggrin:

I'm also wanting to start looking for student accommodation, staying away from Opal 1 this time. They really took the mickey :frown:

If I make friends on here, we could totally apply for student accomm together too! :biggrin:

I'm a Computer Arts first year this year! woooooooooooo -high5-
Reply 195
Original post by Tortilliontaco
staying away from Opal 1 this time. They really took the mickey :frown:

Can you elaborate?

And gratz :smile:
Reply 196
I have no idea what accommodation I am going to apply for, somewhere cheap but not too cheap :afraid:
Original post by caiitlinz
I'm a Computer Arts first year this year! woooooooooooo -high5-

Yayyyy! Let's get talking ;D Haha, nah, but awesome! I was there, but had to leave. I'm excited to be going back :smile:
Original post by THESHade
Can you elaborate?

And gratz :smile:

Aw thank you :smile: And I dunno, I don't wanna put you off if you've decided, but when I was there...well. They gave me TOTAL hell. For a start, it's NICE, but VERY basic. (considering you pay just more than £900 every 2 months...) The heating doesn't heat your whole room, JUST under your desk. Our sink had a hole in the pipework for about 2 months before they fixed it (if something goes wrong they tell you to put it in the 'complaint box' so it can be sorted (and they don't do it!) At one point they actually BANNED visitors to rooms. And when I had to leave due to family illness and leaving uni, I still had to pay for my room until someone else took it, which ended up taking 3 months, which meant I had to try and keep claiming saas (No way in hell could I afford 900 otherwise!) and now I'm still paying saas back :P Not to mention the shoddy lifts falling with people in them. And that's if they actually work!! (being on the 8th floor with no lift was a common occurence!)

But otherwise, It's lovely :smile: Maybe I just had a bad time! What are you gonna be studying? : D
Original post by jamesxd

Original post by jamesxd
I have no idea what accommodation I am going to apply for, somewhere cheap but not too cheap :afraid:

I'm thinking of applying for crosslane's Keiler court :smile: They look nice. The old mill was nice, but this one is newer! And it's pretty cheap! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest